Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Damn It. It IS A Choice...

Happy Valentine's Day!

This past week and this one starting, used to be the most celebrated of all. My wedding anniversary was the 9th of February, my ex's birthday is the 11th, Valentine's Day today and my birthday tomorrow. He got me roses for each year we'd been married, we had birthday celebrations. Once we moved back here, Mom would bake each of us our favorite cakes. Rooster and I used to go to Outback to celebrate because her birthday is March 7th. Many many years of wonderful celebrations.

After over 20 years of marriage, he just remarried and is celebrating with his new wife. Mom passed away almost 8 years ago and David is downstairs sleeping with his sweetie and the dog. My friendship with Rooster has ended.

I think I'll just sit here and be miserable all day and tomorrow wishing it could all be the same again. I'll cry and feel sorry for myself and wish with all my heart that it could be the same. Just THINK the day away in sorrow.



OR

I can be extremely thankful I had the opportunity to have all those wonderful memories and look forward. I plan on showering and find something red to wear to Curves. Visit with my lady friends, many who have lost loved ones and tell everyone I encounter "Happy Valentine's Day". There may be someone who needs to hear it, that's feeling lonely and sad. I am going to smile all day. Is it always easy? Hell no. Am I always able to do it? No. Is it a choice? To at least try. Yes.

I have been very fortunate many times in my life. That is what I'll celebrate today. God gave me another day. Today is about LOVE and that is just what I'm going to do!

And for all you lucky to have someone in your life that you love and cherish? Whoo Hoo!! I hope you enjoy a day filled with lots of love and kisses.

I LOVE ya'll and sending big HUGS!! Thank you for being part of my life...

P.S. A sweet girl just came up the stairs and brought me a Valentine's Day cupcake, wished me an early Happy Birthday and gave me a hug!


P.S.2
I have to add one more because I've been thinking about childhood Valentine's Day boxes...

15 comments:

claudia said...

The whole time I was reading te first half of your post I was thinking, "Poor Debbie! What can I say to her to make her feel better? I don't know what would be saying enough!" Then you pulled the switcharoo on me! Good for you! I like that we all have that choice to be in the doldrums or pull ourselves up by the bootstraps and hold our heads high.
You shine for your decision...and you made me smile big.
Thank goodness for sweet girls with Valentine Day cupcakes too!
If I don't get back here to see you tomorrow, I hope you have a wonderful birthday! You deserve it!
Happy Birthday Friend!

Sally said...

Peggy is a whore! LOLOLOL!!!!!!

You just smile all the dang day, girl!! Wish I were with you to celebrate your birthday tomorrow. We'd have a b.l.a.s.t. :)

Love to you today, tomorrow and always. (hugs)

Brenda said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!

Laura~peach~ said...

thankfully my mouth was empty when i read the valenties card.... peggy is a whore LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! oh too funny ... and you go girl... Happy valentines day and Happy early birthday!!!! love ya!

Donna said...

UtHooooo!!Hahahaa....That first paragraph almost had me Crying!!!
LOVED the Second one! That's my Girl!
AND...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW Sweet Friend! Love you Toooo!!
hughugs

abb said...

That card is the best!

pchickki said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Valentine's day my silly, goofy friend.
Love ya

Snooty Primadona said...

Atta Girl! Don't let life ever get you down. If you lived nearby I'd bring you my dessert, but maybe a *virtual dessert* will have to do for now...

Donna said...

I had no idea that you were divorced! Gosh, where have I been? I was heartbroken to read the first part of your post, but then I wanted to jump up and give you a high-five & hip-bump when I read the second part! You are VERY loved and I am so glad to hear that you know that!

And the little card at the end is a total hoot! Happy Valentine's Day, my dear sweet friend! I hope that you used your special handmade NC pottery mug today and that it brought you a smile!

joanne said...

I love your attitude...I usually choose the first myself..boo-hoo me.
I am so happy for your friendship and support and I've got your back so enjoy this day and know you are loved..;j

Marge said...

Good choice! I often remind myself that I can choose to be happy, no matter what.

Happy birthday, my friend! And happy V day! I have some old cards too, but none with a message like that. Too funny!

Carletta said...

It is a choice and there are all kinds of love. Friends need to know we love them too and those strangers you mentioned who might just need a little lift.
I hope it was a great day.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Of course I collect vintage valentines and I love this one about Peggy. :)

Daryl said...

LOVE that old Peggy is a whore card .. I have one somewhere .. and I think we celebrated Valentine's in a most original way this year with Toonman's open heart surgery, now is heart is all better and ready to keep on celebrating for hopefully many more Februarys to come .... I applaud your determination .. watch out for Will Power he can be very sneaky ;-D

Mental P Mama said...

You. Rock.

Bluebird49 said...

It's a hard choice--that's for sure.