Knew I was already in trouble when I saw the owner's car instead of Linda's. I try to go to Curves when she is there because Sherry has the impression we are trying to get ready for Army boot camp.
I went in, sat my portable oxy down (take it everywhere...just in case) and immediately heard. "There she is, are you ready to Zumba?" "Hey girl, we're just getting started!" Hell.
"I need to pee first". Normal routine except I'm wondering if there is an escape route in back. Get out there and just try it. I sat down on the first machine and "No! This is what you do blah blah blah. "Oh crap". They thought that was hilarious. The room was almost full. I've been when there is no one there. Every one of them was older than I am.
I don't go to Curves to lose weight, although that would be a wonderful thing. I go for the social interaction and to move my muscles for 30 minutes 3 times a week to counteract the sitting at the computer or TV for the rest of it. I do it for fun. No plan for a marathon.
I have to admit, I got into the beat and the moves, even though I have not one bit of rhythm in my body. I tried. My heartbeat even got higher than it's supposed to be. I laughed. I clapped when they did, even though my body wasn't in sync, my hands were. I was part of the team! I was the only one heaving for breath. Even when I went to stretch at the end, my feet were still tapping. One lady looked at me and said "You look exhausted". You think?
Walking out, I knew I still had to face the grocery store and drugstore. I found myself staring at the apples way too long. I was completely out of focus and wondered what had just happened. I couldn't concentrate. At all.
My prescription at one place wasn't ready. Across the street for the other one, I waited in line at the drive thru and was almost nodding off. Warm sun, warm breeze...
I managed to get home and only brought up the "cold stuff". Yes, as in up stairs. The rest is still in the truck. I got some cereal, read the paper online and then proceeded to pass out. Nap. Long.
When I woke up I felt as if I had sumo wrestled my entire nap. I'm still dazed today.
But tomorrow? I'm going to try again. I may be slow, but as my intelligent son said "It's good for you and it will get easier, Mom." We know kids are never wrong.
9 comments:
better you than me... i will simply hold down this flipping chair until i no longer can... i dont even want to go to the grocery store... sigh.
He's right .. it gets easier but take it slow!!
Good for you, Debbie! You inspire me; now what I do with it is the question. :)
Oh My Goodness!! I tried Curves once....Hahahaaa
I then bought a treadmill...
Hope you enjoy!!
hughugs
Good for you! I wish we had a Curves in our little town. I think I would enjoy it too.
Wow! You are better than I am...I ouldn' be going back...I'm a chickensh*t that way!
I'm proud of you!
Color me impressed! Now get some Advil and get back out there! I'll just be here on the couch. Supervising.
hey girlie.. where do you hide all that energy? we have curves here-- all that's missing is YOU to force me to go. :)) sounds like a death sentence for me.. but i know , like david says-- it gets easier- and surely is good for you. i'm sure the social aspect of it would do me some good. i too am proud of ya -- keep it up!
hugs!
No curves near me so I just get out and walk. Hope you are still going.
Post a Comment