Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Guns And Weather

We are very fortunate to be having a delightful Fall season, with temps in the upper 60's. 

I seem to be obsessed with the header on my blog. I want the loon on the sidebar to be up there beside the title. My brother and should be SIL are two of the most creative individuals I know. Graphic designer, videographer, movie maker, editor, photographer. You name it, they can do it. 

However, the weather is beautiful and my brother is fixated on purchasing a gun. A specific gun. He and Sharon are going down the road a ways to look at one today. I asked if I could go for two reasons. 1. I hate guns. 2. I want to go somewhere different. I like their company. They make me laugh. They get me and they are "unique" too. 

I do not own a gun. I had to qualify on an M-16 in order to go to Germany so I had to shoot it and then take it apart and put it back together in the dark. I shot expert. I hate guns.

He had a Thompson Machine gun for years that he got for a good price.
He sold it for $13,000!
 
Now he is looking for a Colt 22, but wishing for a Colt 45. These photos may or not be like the one he had or the one he's looking for. How would I know? I hate guns.

The choice: Stay inside and look out the window at the beautiful weather or go with the loonies and look at guns? There could be a thrift shop or antique store nearby. 

I hope he calls. I wanna go.  

11 comments:

Sally said...

Your header looks great. Wish I could help you with the looney, but I know zilch about how to do it.

I hope he called!

Terry said...

Howdy :)
I am so thrilled that you came by to visit and became a follower too ! Thank you so much .
Wow now I get to follow you .
Your blog is really great and I have enjoyed my visit so much .
My take on guns is very different from the average person .
I grew up in the country and there were times for safety reasons that a gun was put to use as a tool.
My uncle was a gunsmith this brought in extra income to pay the bills .
We were all taught that a gun is a tool not a toy.
All guns are loaded was drilled into us.
I can't remember any of us ever being curious we all knew the life or death consequences of a gun .
Gun shows always went along with history and the thing that still haunts me to this day is being taken to see the Bonnie and Clyde car exhibit to learn what happens when guns are used for selfish reasons you pay for your crimes and it is not the road to be taken.
My Uncle is a wise man .
While many in the family are in the military or have been guns were always approached with respect and never as a plaything.
You just made me realize how blessed I was to learn this truth at an early age.It is sad that so many young people never have the chance to learn simple truths.
Well Now you know this cowgirl can ramble on endlessly.
Take care now .
Until next time
Happy Trails

Anonymous said...

Did you go?? If you didnt love guns so much you would probably be an expert, right??? LOLOL

I like guns, I wish I had one, I would be very dangerous in the presence of a gun, so.... we dont own one.

Donna said...

You did a Great job on your header!! Now, if you want that Loon picture added onto your header, I Think you should try a free program called Picnik...You can do lots with it!
And I finally got done with my blog...NOT my design, but I liked it because of the book theme...

EXPERT??? Goodness Girl! You're Good!!
Hope you had a FUN day, and he Called!
hughugs

farmlady said...

Talk about a love-@*&$%-hate relationship with guns. Was that a military thing or just mixed feelings. Wow, what?

Sally said...

I like this header also. You need to go into the business! :)

Marge said...

I don't like guns either. Grandsons are out killing deer this weekend again! But I do like the header!!! I am now following you....I enjoy your blog!

Marge said...

Just saw your comment on my blog..... 6 years in Maine? Where? Dow or Loring? We were at Dow for several years. Two of our kids are Maniacs!

Mental P Mama said...

Did ya go?

Reddirt Woman said...

I like guns but only own a single shot 22. I was raised in the city but every Thanksgiving when I was young we went to celebrate the holiday with friends that lived in a small town. Every Friday, weather permitting my father and the husband of the family we visited would take my little brother and me and the coon dogs out to the country. The coon dogs got their exercise and our friend taught my little brother and myself about guns and shooting with a single shot 22. We were allowed to shoot squirrels and if we were able to bag two or three we took them back to the house watched him skin and clean them and then my mom and his wife would fry them up for a switch from turkey. We were very proud to have been able to contribute to the larder and I still would enjoy a good meal of fried squirrel, mashed taters and squirrel gravy even though it's been over 50 years since I enjoyed that meal. So that tells you that I also was taught to respect guns and to always assume they were loaded and to never, ever, point one in the direction of any human being. I still would go target shooting if I had the opportunity but I don't know if I'd go hunt squirrel because I don't know if there are any folks that I know anymore that knew how to fry them like my momma and Mrs. Whitely fix them up.

Helen

Can you tell I'm playing catch up! This is a good sign... peeking out from under the covers.

SOUL said...

so what you're sayin is -- you hate guns? :))
i also am playing catch up. i just thought you hadn't been writing lately. then today -- i actually made my rounds-- i know. but when i hit your page - it was gone. i was so sad. but then i was happy again when you told me where to find you :))
i'm sorry i haven't been keepin up with your blog... or you. i'm terrible. and i'm sorry. i won't let it happen again.
hugs.
ps--- i hate guns too
did ya go???