Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

October Challenge...

Yes, this month there is a weight loss challenge going on over at my place away from home. Starts today for the month of October. Participants (voluntary) get measured and weighed and all that UGH info before starting. The last time, I did participate, but of course did not win. It's a point system and you also get points for signing people up, wearing a Curves shirt on certain days and I didn't do all that. They make it as fun as possible. 

Originally, I did want to lose weight but it became much more than that. You know as we age, if you don't use them, you lose them. I'll be the first to admit. I hated exercise and never had since BMT in the Air Force. Long time ago. Now I enjoy the extra strength in places I never knew I had. Yes, I've still got flabby arms. I'm declaring those hereditary. 

When I was having my mini-nervous breakdown this year, and barely remember those six months of hell, I lost 10 pounds. In June, I weighed in and was lighter! Well, since things have settled down a bit, I've gained back the 10 pounds plus 1/2 pound. Actually, back up to the weight I've been since menopause and Paxil. I maintain that weight. I eat more (better) when I'm happy. Wish it was the opposite!

I am going to continue to consciously strive to eat better and maybe try to add a walk or two during the week. We have hellacious hills in our neighborhood and with my breathing issues, that will be a challenge within itself. 

This was no surprise to me. I gained every single pound of it in my middle. I could feel it. Why does it always go there? Is there empty space in there needing to be filled up? Geesh.

There you have it. Difficult? Yes. I won't be posting about it the whole month, of course, but if I manage to lose anything LOL I'll let you know. I love Curves. The women there are becoming real friends and we were joking about having not only an exercise program but resident psychologists...we all support each other in so many ways. Hugs are as common as sweat and I have never left there without a smile on my face. May God watch over all of them ♥


 Our Curves is very relaxed. No one ever gets beside me unless we are chatting...
There is rarely more than 4 or 5 ladies there and no young hotties...we are all older.

9 comments:

TSannie said...

Good luck! Our Curves have all closed here.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

good luck ... the curves closed here too.. :(

Mental P Mama said...

You can do it!!!!

claudia said...

Good for you. Maybe you willmake me jealous of your success and I'll be motivated to help myself!We have a Curves just steps away from the place I work...

May-B said...

It was good to hear from you today! I haven't been here in ages. I really enjoyed Curves when I had a work out buddy and I really miss it. I hope you enjoy it too and it works for you!

jojo said...

Best wishes on your new challenge. I really miss the Curves around here, I enjoyed going there and the friendships too! Have fun but pace yourself o.k.?

SOUL said...

hiya deb-- wussup? well.. aside from what i just read... :)) i am sure you'll succeed-- cuz that's what you do -- and it's good to hear ya happy! always- fred told me you should stay that way! HE'S WATCHIN YOU!

Nick Thomas said...

Ah yes, theold weight loss challange. Good luck with that. Need to get on the challange myself. Glad you like the uninvited guest story. "Blessing of the animals" this week.

Donna said...

Hey, Debbie! Thanks for coming by and visiting me! From what I have read about Live Writer and older platforms like XP, and there are incompatibilities. But some sites recommend that you update your Explorer web browser and then give the download a try.