Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Silverlight...

"This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the Application Vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package." Error: 1635

I thought this was just applicable to the Silverlight software I was trying to download. Now I'm getting it for anything..Adobe, Java updates. I went through and cleaned a bunch of what I thought was junk from my computer and I must have cleaned out some "patch packages". ???

Netflix uses Silverlight for you to watch movies on your PC. I have to have this. Period.

I've tried everything I can think of. I've done 2 system restores. Nothing. I'm about to return my computer to it's original condition, if I can find those disks...

Plan on googling the above statement and error code first to see if I can find it. Not a happy camper here. Well, not unhappy either, but it's getting on my last nerve.

Any ideas?

4 comments:

claudia said...

Can you go online and gpoogle silverlight and see if there is something there that you can downlaod to fix it? That would my first thing to try.Or look up Windows Installer patch packages. Or Windows error 1635.I love google so much I want to marry it. If I were to marry anythng that is. (can you tell I am not much into marriage?)

Tonjia said...

oh geez!! I have no freaking clue! I gave up trying to figure windows out when I bought my MAC.good luck Debbie!

jojo said...

sorry, but this sounds like an excuse to not blog...all I'm sayin'

Mental P Mama said...

Gah.