Yes. The tree is dead. I have no plans on cutting it down. It serves a purpose.
Since the yard guy I hired went kind of sour on me, I still had the creek to maintain. If it's not weed eated or killed...there are snakes. My neighbor to the left <<<<< killed his. My neighbor with the fence did not. That's what it would look like. See? I have water coming from the left and behind her fence. Any who...I went crazy with week killer.
Oh, purpose....
There is a thistle sock hanging in the tree. I just bought these this year for the first time. The finches love it of course. They like bathing in the creek, as well. I also think it's holding part of the bank up. It gives me something to mow around back there too.
Since I moved the computer back near the window, I needed to look at something other than speeding cars.
More weed killer. Nice even job. Yes it is pitiful standing there all alone. You see, I've had many things in this location. There used to be a big willow tree with a wooden swing, potted plants, mulch, benches and a little bridge to the other side, where there were also plantings. After all that work went flooding down the stream...I gave up. Even the bridge went through the culvert further down on the left.
I mowed and stuck this in the ground yesterday. We didn't go to the lake...just decided to cook out over at my brother's house. Great food and a good time.
The weather is beautiful here in North Carolina. I hope you all are having a wonderful Labor Day weekend!



8 comments:
Beautiful here in CT as well! 68º with not a drop of humidity in the air. Now to find something fun to do outdoors. Have a wonderful holiday, my friend.
Your place looks so pretty. What nice view from your computer area!Glad you had a good cook out. We have no family here so we just went and had breakfast on the bay and came home to putter in the yard and of course Alan will be going fishing tomorrow :)Happy Labor Day !!
your grass is as pretty as a golf course...ours is dead brown-yellow. Just didn't have the energy to mess with it this year. xo
You just sound so peaceful right now. I like the sound.I worked today, tomorrow and Tuesday I am off, but I have no plans as I have no money. Money always helps with the plans.It's a pretty day here today as well. It's quiet in the neighborhood, I think everyone left town for the weekend.Have a fabulous week girlfriend!
Beautiful here in Tuscany....naughty dog in CT....
blog owner approval? phooey!
for every thing there is a purpose. i read that somewhere . .)) or maybe some dude named fred mentioned it? not sure.anyhow, hope your day goes great for you. sounds pretty good at this point. and dead or not-- the tree looks good , and pretty soon will be filled with nests and lil birds tryin to keep warm. nice view - damn creek.don't forget to relax- you worked many years for this to be a 'holiday'. enjoy it.hugs buddy
and that ornery MPM is commenting from Tuscany!! :-)I am glad you had a good day Debbie, you deserve it. Your lawn is gorgeous.
Post a Comment