Or maybe I could use the other side of my privacy fence on my deck.
Or any suitable flat surface. I could even hang it on a wall inside, but that is not the purpose.
I was checking the weather. Yes...more rain. I do not watch TV in the a.m. Ever. Roy's Folks did a piece on a barn quilt painter. He had a heart attack (painter, not Roy) and is waiting for a transplant. While he is waiting, he and his girlfriend are painting beautiful quilts for barns.
TV off. Google on. Apparently, this is quite the thing down here and I was unaware. I look at every barn I pass. I love barns. I've always wanted a barn. I want a goat too, but this will eventually get back to dogs, and that's not what this is about.
These are absolutely gorgeous and I want one, however, the sweetie on TV devoted 40 hours to one quilt and I imagine he gets a pretty darn good price for this talent of his.
So....I will just have to drool and dream on Google unless.....Oh yeah!
I could paint my OWN quilt :) Now all I need is that barn.....
7 comments:
I have seen those barn quilts. They are gorgeous...of course I have only seen them online or TV.I say use what wall you have or get a small piece of plywood and paint that. Then you could put your barn quilt whereever you want. Paint away. I've heard it's great therapy!Thank you for your loving comment! Yes, I had to make it humorous, cause otherwise I would cry. You don't know how much I felt the love when I was reading your comment. It gave me warm fuzzy feelings!I got my MD back last night, I had to drive into SF. (not my favorite place to drive). It was uneventful and neither of us had to wait for the other. I guess it was meant to be.
This is AWESOME!!!!Tell you what...I'll help you find your barn and you help me find a cabin and we can both live happily ever after. After making 2 quilts, I'll even help you paint it. But I am OCD so you have been warned...
I'm thinking a barn sounds pretty good; out in nowhereville with no tv, no phone, no drama. Alas, I'll just stay here and deal with the other 3 generations of girls. :)Love that barn quilt; I sure hope the painter gets his heart.
Awesome ! I have never seen a barn quilt but I love it. I too love barns. Have you looked at my favorite barns on my sidebar. I have always loved barns. I have a barn but it looks nothing like this. It is really an old horse stable.Love this postHugs to you
Are those related to the Hex Signs you get in Amish Country? I used to have one on a house two houses ago. I loved it. It brings good luck....Oh, and let's get a goat! We can share it. You get it. Play with it awhile. And then pop it in your car and drive it on up here. Mkay?
I have never heard of nor seen a barn quilt, but I must say it is very pretty. Now I will have to start watching for them and see if we have any around here...heaven knows we have plenty of barns! I really enjoyed seeing this! thanks for sharing...
beautiful!! I have never seen a barn quilt. You know, I lived 9 years in southcentral PA, and there are thousands of cool barns there but I have never seen a barn quilt..... they are breathtaking.Ness, we have a cabin for sale! LOLOL its a little ways away from you though, probably wouldnt be too financially feasible. I remember the barn we had on my parents ranch, it was my favorite place to hang out...
Post a Comment