My brain is fading away. I just found an unopened state income tax refund. I don't remember it coming in the mail. Was changing my desk calendar from June to August. I needed it to remind me of my only son's birthday next week and to figure out when he was off work. Just ordered him something online and have no idea if it will be here on time.
This is getting progressively worse. Not sure what's causing it. Too much thinking/alone time? Facebook? Those stupid games? The news? Traffic? Exposure to too much online? Again. Facebook? Thinking of comments, too many people and what's going on with them? I've added so many people to my prayer list at night. Then that begins more thoughts. Overload?
It's why I haven't blogged. I don't concentrate on one thing long enough to form a coherent thought. I'm not focused on anything. I'm all over the place. I don't like it. I play the games to get my mind off of things and relax. I tell myself to stop and go do something constructive and I jump from one task to another and hardly ever finish. I forget where I'm going, what I need at the store and the list goes on...
Think the Internet is some plot to drive us all crazy? It's working. Is this happening to you? Is it age?
Lie. Tell me you are suffering too...please?
8 comments:
I won't lie to you, it happens. Maybe it's menopausal, or simply the fact that we're women and have too much on our plates to begin with, but yep, it happens.
I do this stuff too. Don't worry about it, cause it'll just make it worse.I have to make lists of things and then make sure I put them in a very visible place. I make sure I put things like my keys, purse, jacket in the same place every time so I don't forget where I put them. At least you just misplaced a check...I misplaced bills and didn't realize it until I got shut off notices! (more than once...)I think it's a combination of a lot of things going on all at once...age, brain overload, depression, tiredness, etc., etc.Take a ten or fifteen minute break each day to just do NOTHING. Don't listen to music, watch TV, read, go online...nothing for ten or fifteen minutes. It may help calm those brain cells.Even though it's not a fun post, I am glad you posted...it's good to hear from you...keep that up!You are in my prayers girlfriend!
I think we are all suffering somewhat. And I say that because I don't like to be alone;) Take some time for yourself. I actually find that sitting down here to compose some sort of post keeps me a little bit grounded. A little bit. Now if I could just find my keys....
YOU BLOGGED !!!!! HIP HIP HORRAY.Now I need to do some blogging toohahaha. You know, you are just fine. So what you forget this and that, I bet you remember to do the important stuff like eat, sleep, and be happy. So don't worry about all the other stuff. Now tha the summer is pretty much over I hope to settle down a bit and maybe I can get back into blogging.Glad to see you have had fun at the lake. when is David's Birthday? TJ's is the 18th of August, so I was glad they came up this past weekend. It was sooo good to see them and to be able to show them the work we have done on the house. Take care and see you on f/b.
Well, I was here earlier and was interrupted; now I can't remember what I was gonna say. And, I'm not kidding!! We were just talking today about my dad who had alzheimer's and how terribly cruel it was to him. Every time I can't remember where I am, or where I was going in the first place, I wonder if I'm getting dementia. But, I think Ms Brenda is right and also our minds get so clotted with the things that are going on in the world that we have absolutely no control over. I didn't start playing the F/B games because, simply put, I have an addictive personality. When I do find myself worrying too much, I read and it's so relaxing for me.I'm SO glad to see you here today, and Debbie I hope you know how much I care about you! ((hugs))
yes... i take b 12 and vit D i think they help... maybe they do maybe they dont but i think they do... i also am flighty as the wind and find that if i set me some rules... like i can only stay on line as long as the battery lasts (i am doomed when i plug up the laptop and get on it) plus years back i started the fly lady ... then i quit now i have LIKED her on facebook and it serves as a reminder to get up and DO something....i also think this insane HEAT has something to do with it... it is unnatural for us to be in air conditioning yet i do believe i woudl die with out it... but we did not have it when i was growing up and i lived... hummmm nope cant even think about sleeping with out the a/c! and i cant figure out WHY you are not in my blog roll you were where did you go??? sigh... must fix my blog i have neglected it for ... this whole year it seems!
OK, I'm here now...let the good times roll!Oh, please, I have to trick myself into remembering stuff all the time. I have to lay my glasses, my keys, my purse, my brain in a particular place. When I get ready to go somewhere, everything I'm taking goes into my recliner and when the recliner stuff is in the car I'm ready to roll. But I'm so money hungry/poor/fill in the blank that you've got me on forgetting the refund check. I think it's a combo of our overloaded brains worrying about this child or this friend or this bill or whatever. As long as our hearts are full of the right stuff, we can deal with a little brain overload...we'll all do it together. Now, where is my coffee mug? Love ya.
it's not a lie! i have the exact same problem !!! we're TWINS!!!whatchya gonna do with the moohlah?don't fret. i bet you were happy to find it? turn that frown upside down!hugs buddy!
Post a Comment