First, I'd like to apologize for mentioning someone by name in my blog. It has been removed.
I do not apologize for what was said. It was the truth. When someone hurts me, I get angry. I have realized why that happens. A little 5 year old girl, tragically lost her Dad. Her Mom had to get on with the business of raising two small children and earn a living with no skills. She did not have time to deal with what her little girl was feeling. I got mad. Why did my Daddy go away? It's only when someone hurts me for no reason, which is this case.
You are right, no name, I have no business giving out marriage advice. Yes, mine ended after 20 years. I have regrets, but it takes two. He did his part in the damage also. My son's relationship with his Dad is better than it ever would have been had we stayed together. I have learned from my mistakes.
They say a daughter marries someone like her Dad. I did not have a role model. I also did not have a Dad walk me down the aisle.
I do have a wonderful son, who despite his hurt feelings when someone hurts me, is mature enough not to get involved. He knows it's my battle, as his are his own. He is totally independent and is wise beyond his years. He is my best accomplishment in life. However, if I really need him...he can't get here fast enough. We have a wonderful adult relationship and I love him more than life itself and am extremely proud of him.
As far as the comment about having 2 real jobs. I had a 20 year career with the Air Force and proudly served my country. 20 years of the stress, moving, meeting new friends, losing them...over and over. Training new people every time I turned around and in a different place and job. A military career is tougher than you can ever imagine. There was no Facebook, Internet...just phone calls to loved ones far away. Just about did me in and I benefit from it, but also am suffering the consequences.
I still find it so odd. All the wonderful and loving posts about my friendship with you, Rooster, were never acknowledged.
This ends right here on my part. All of it. The good and the bad. I'm done. Friendships change and this one has been deteriorating for years. Ashlie, I wish you all the best in your new marriage.
Rooster, it's been fun and take care. Good luck and I wish only the best for you.
4 comments:
Onward. And, upward. You are awesome.
And now you can feel positive energy. Being dragged through drama is energy sapping and it is high time you got yours back. You will see, you will be feeling better in no time at allLove ya girl!!!
You are a class act.Rooster doesn't know what she's lost and you will realize what you've gained in getting rid of excess negativity in your life.Bravo.Moving on.Love ya!
Getter Done!I am proud of you :)Big Hugs
Post a Comment