For Mother's Day, all I ever want is time spent with David and lots of hugs and love. Okay, this year I did NEED him to help me out with a few things as long as he was here. I needed the creek weed eated and a part of the gutter cleaned out. That's it. Oh and push the wheelbarrow I had just loaded full of dirt, out to the back 40. While we were in the garage discussing strategy, he asked me to go upstairs and stay for a minute. I did. He said "Keep your eyes closed". I did. (I had asked him the night before where my shells were from the beach. He said he didn't really get me any) The sweetie brings this up and tells me to open my eyes! Yes, he brought me the beach! I love it. Period. He did tell me not to try and walk on it though...yes, he knows his Mom!

Okay, you know I'm addicted to Farm Town. Knowing I would get "the look" from David. The one that says "I worry about you, Mom", I attempted to show him Farm Town on Saturday evening and explain it all and knowing how ridiculous it sounded...harvesting and planting corn, having animals and trees. He graciously stood there and listened like a good boy, nodding and trying to understand, trying not to laugh. I finished. Yes, I got it...the look. BUT, early Sunday morning... my Mother's Day card was sitting by the coffee pot and look! Closest thing to farming he could find. I know this means he waited until the last minute to get the card, but who cares?

We were hot, dirty & hungry after that
little bit full afternoon of yard work so we decided to do Applebee's takeout. I had me some delicious riblets and David had steak. Delicious. He said he was going to lay down for a minute, so I took that opportunity to take my nap. I didn't want to miss out on a smidgen of time with him.

Then came the evening...time to go back. I always dread when he leaves, but immediately start looking forward to when he comes back. I pray God will keep him safe cause I sure love this boy!
13 comments:
Looks like a whole lotta lovin' was going on for Momma over the weekend.I've forgotten my farm! I bet everything there is dead now.
Awwww, he's such a SWEET boy!! I love the beach he made for his mama. ((hugs))
Sounds like a perfect day! Lovely!
great guy...is he single LOL
What a very sweet Mother's Day! Your boy loves you. :)
Wonderful! All of it...except for that Farm business...I am a little worried about that;) He's such a good baby.
Awe! What a sweet boy! (Don't tell him I called him a boy) I realize he is a man, but I know deep in your heart he is still your little boy, so I'm going along with the theme here!The little beach he made you is very thoughtful and so was standing there looking at your farm, without the dirogatory (sp???)statements. I think my daughter would have (tried) to do the same.
Deb, sounds like you had the best Mother's Day you could have, except it being too short. Thanks for sharing your day with us... it made me smile.Helen
Sounds like you must be a special mom to have raised such a fine man. Got any hints for this mom of three boys??
Ok, pass the tissue please, I must have something in my eye....Debbie that is so sweet and heartfelt. Isn't it amazing how much we can love...and love that one person. You would think it would use up all your love "bucket" but it doesn't. Hey...I found a new thing for you to do and it is a win/win situation. Take care of "Service" dogs. You take it in to raise for a year, maybe two, you take it EVERYWHERE with you, even the stores (by law they have to let you take it in as a working dog...in training!) they pay for the food and the medical, you pay for the toys and the time. And then you have to share the dog with a new person who will be able to live a full life because of what you have given them. Then you go and get another one....do you think you could do that??? They are in DESPARATE need of help. let me know what you think.Yes, it would be hard, but so worthwhile of a cause.
What a thoughtful wonderful son!Sounds like you had a very special day Debbie. See on the farm!HugsPatti
that is just stickeeee sweeet. can i have him??? :))glad to hear you had such a great mothers day. you dun good deb.have a great day
this had to be the most perfect day! I totally LOVE the beach you got from David! what a guy...
Post a Comment