Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

March For Babies


Rooster's daughter Ashlie signed up to walk with March For Babies in honor of her son who passed away last year after being with her only 24 hours. The event is this weekend, April 18. It is 3.5 mile walk and Rooster and I are going to ATTEMPT to accompany her and a few of her friends. There is a Spirit Van that rides around and can pick up the weary and exhausted any time during the trip, so don't worry about us croaking. We've already told her not to wait up...we may lag very far behind. I am currently barely and rarely doing 1 mile on the treadmill at 2.5 mph (with no hills) This could be an all day event.

Yesterday, I received a Walker Instructions email. I replied back with "What do you do if you haven't raised any money?" I didn't receive a reply. I contributed $20 to Rooster, thinking she was the Team Leader before I knew what I was doing. She said "No, Ashlie is". I'm thinking I need to go out there any way and at least push Rooster for my $20 donation! I will walk with no sponsors if they'll let me, but will feel the urge to at least pay for any water I drink.

When I was stationed in CA and a mere child of 23, I walked for March of Dimes. I collected $387 and came in 3rd place for contributions. We walked from Lompoc, out to the beach. 10 miles out and 10 miles back. Yessireee. I tell no lie. Only the promise of the ocean could get me to do this.

I'll gladly walk 3.5 miles to support Ashlie, however, I have a link on my sidebar if you have any spare change...at least to cover the water. If not, I ask for a free donation of encouragement that I can do it!!

20 comments:

SOUL: said...

i'll see what i can do-- may not be much.. but i'll get somethin goin later on. i may have to steal from savings.. but it's for a good cause-good luck with it-- i'm sure you won't die or anything. water and pace is the key.HA-- look whos talkin.. i walk no further than around a small pond when i fish. lolhappy tuesday!

Sally said...

What a great cause! I wish you all the very best~you can do it, I know you can! (hugs)

Mental P Mama said...

You're a good egg. I cannot believe that it has already been a year since she lost the baby...I am going to make a donation to you!

claudia said...

I really wish I could help out. I am there with you in spirit!Love you!

Reddirt Woman said...

I'm with you in spirit. I don't have much but I bet I can come up with something.Helen

musing said...

Such a worthy cause!

ChickenGal said...

Did the March when I was in the 8th grade...yep we did the whole 2o miles around Cleveland.... Blisters and all. It took all day 8 hours at least to get done. We had to hurry at the end, because it was getting dark and even though we were in a group, we were in Downtown Cleveland and it can get scary after dark. We recieved 10 cents per mile as donations back then...if someone donated $1 a mile that was big money.... You know my e-mail.... send me a snail mail address and I will be your sponsor and send you some $$$. Wear good shoes, drink lots of water and since it is only 3.5 take your time...

ChickenGal said...

P.S. I'm like Red Dirt and Soul...still not working, but I have EGG money from the eggs I sold this weekend!!! What a perfect use for egg money!You think there might be some symbolism there?

ChickenGal said...

Ok So if I would pay attention I would have seen the link to March of Dimes.....Link has been found, contribution made...you go girl!

Putz said...

i can't give blood, diabetic

ed said...

情趣用品,情趣,情色,成人,A片,自拍,情趣用品,情趣,色情,成人影片,色情影片,免費A片,情趣用品,情趣,成人網站,A片下載,日本AV,做愛,情趣用品,情趣,美女交友,A片,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,情趣用品,情趣,色情聊天室,聊天室,AV,成人電影,A片,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣,情趣情色,A片,AIO,AV,日本AV,色情A片,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,A片下載,情色A片,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,成人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,成人,成人影片,成人光碟,成人影城,自拍情趣用品,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,日本AV,寄情築園小遊戲,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,色情遊戲,一葉情貼圖片區,色情網站,色情影片,微風成人, 嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人影片,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,080視訊聊天室,視訊聊天室情趣用品,A片,aio,av,av女優,a漫,免費a片,aio交友愛情館,a片免費看,a片下載,本土自拍,自拍,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,一葉情貼圖片區,色情影片,情色網,色情網站,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人小說,成人電影情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,自拍,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,H漫,A片,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,SEX,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣商品

TSannie said...

Oh GOD! You've been hit by Ed as well. So sorry about that! I'm pushing you from CT! Best of luck! And here's a small donation.

Just Joni said...

You go girl! May the wind be at your back ~

Tonjia said...

I just donated! Not much but every little bit helps, right? Have a wonderful day with Rooster, I know you guys will do fine and I am excited to hear all about it.what is up with this chinese guy named ED clogging up our comment sections??

kim-d said...

Surprise! I thought I would come to THIS forum and tell you that you did a good thing, Deb, and I bow to you for doing it!Years ago, my bony-assed little self used to do the yearly "Walk for Mankind"--over 20 miles total, can't remember if it was 21 or 23. And I could even walk the next day! I would love to do something like that again someday, on a much smaller scale (like 2 miles). You did a good thing, you and Rooster!

Caution Flag said...

Okay, I'm looking for the link now :)

Patti said...

Hey good luck on the walk.Hats off to you my friendHugsPatti

Sally said...

Hey Debbie~my blog reader won't let me pull up your latest post, saying the page is not there. is it my computer?

GJ MR. CHICAGO said...

Hey Ms DEB! I was wondering who is rooster? Confused as ever here..........

WomensDaily said...

I loved doing the March of Dimes walk. I did it in NYC though. Walking down the middle of the block with no worry about cars hitting you is quite the experience.