A beautiful day with friends and a wonderful turnout. Ashlie and cohorts left us right at the start of course. We were walking in our old stomping ground, where we grew up. So and so lived here and remember that? Fresh pollen in the air and one porta-potty were the only drawbacks. Oh, and the little hills. We walked from the parking lot to the park and I thought, oh gosh. Then walked back to the car to take the T-shirts. Luckily it was where the walk started, so we blended right back in. The little girl in the one photo was the poster child for survivors. Rooster had a little crying jag at the beginning, but she hung tough and smiled the rest of the way :) She graciously waited for me when I slowed down to uh breathe. We finished in a little under an hour and a half. Since we hadn't eaten, we swung by IHOP and had breakfast.
Ashlie is in the process as of last Thursday of making an offer on a house. It's just down the street from her Mom. We went and looked at it. The last 4 photos are of the cherry blossom, I think, tree I was enamored with in the front yard. I wanted a lounge chair and a tall drink. I didn't want to move.
Rooster brought me home and David was gone again. Golfing. I laid down for a nap and when I got up he had come and gone again. I called and he was going camping. Complete with fishing poles, steak, shrimp, tents and beer. He was truly enjoying himself with friends, I was dog tired and all were happy.
It was a really good day. I really do want to thank all of you so much for your support and encouragement! Very much appreciated!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
March For Babies 2009
http://www.youtube.com/get_player
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Awwwww, I'm glad there was a good turnout and it was a good day, Debbie! ((hugs))
What a gorgeous day!I'm glad you all survived the walk, the hills, etc. I probably wouldn't have gotten that far!That tree is so pretty!
good for you!! you'll get your karma, and will be sittin under a cool shade tree with a tall cool one real soon. i don't know where it will be-- but it will be well deserved. cheers!g'nite
Debbie, sounds like a perfect day. I enjoy you are being one of our followers at Love is a journey, however with our relation in distress I like to invite you to join my own blog too. I have to watch out formself a bit more, strengthening myself I have strated my own blog:http://pneumeier.blogspot.com/Just have started it and would love if you stay faithful to me there too and join me on my way of recovery. Love from Munich, Paula xx
You did it!!!!! I'm going to be like you someday.
Post a Comment