Photo stolen from here As I was cleaning out Google Reader in order to more effectively read my favorite blogs, I came across I'm an Organizing Junkie. I had saved this blog with the intention of reading it and getting organized, of course. I drooled over this photo. During the last snow storm, losing power, I realized how important it is to have working batteries and have the size you need. I didn't.
They were all in one place. With the candles. With the flashlights which also didn't work. However, when I was thinking of being in the dark, I had nothing. Pitiful and pathetic. I plan on purchasing a battery tester, new batteries and I want the damn drawer to look like this. When I get this accomplished, I'm going to let you know. What shape are YOUR batteries in?
13 comments:
After I cleaned out my ~everything drawer~, it looked exactly like your photo....for exactly 2.3 days. Now? Not so much.
I haven't told Annie this yet, but Jules and I helped ourselves to a whole bunch of her batteries;) Now I need to organize them.
Well, all of mine are in one place, but I expect half of them don't work, and they certainly aren't organized!Please show us a picture when you get 'er done! lol
At my house I've just come to accept that being organized is highly over-rated...it must go against the natural law because my efforts get undone faster than I can do them...but I admire your vision...if you accomplish your feat wou will be my new hero (and I'll know who to borrow batteries from).:)
Needless to say, I could go all kinds of crazy in this comment but, in a rare moment of maturity, I have decided not to do that. I will, however, just make the observation that a lot of people don't need that many C and/or D batteries *cough-snort**unless they have LOTS of "toys"**snort-cough*. For the flashlights? Yeah. Right. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!Now, the double/triple A's? They're a whole different story. Remotes, ya know! :)
All in one place and ready to go.Here in Oregon it rains alot and the power goes out often. Not for long but flashlights are in order. We recently found a night light that works as a flashlight when the lights go out. you just unplug it and it is ready to use as a flashlight. Cool huh?HugsPatti
When you get that accomplished let me know...I need you to come and teach me (or knock me in the head) about organization.I am so bad, bad, bad at this. My batteries? Well, I have some in a little container in the top right drawer of my desk...right here. Um, are they fresh? Oh hell no! That would mean I am organized! I have a battery charger on top of my TV and I charged the batteries for it. They are residing in their toys where they belong. (Don't get any ideas ladies...it's for my Wii!) I bought extra rechargables a week ago, do I know where they are right now? Oh hell no! That would require me to be ORGANIZED. I need you! Please come teach me when you have learned!Love Ya!
Oh! BTW...there is something over at my blog for you!
We've moved to rechargeable, so they're either on the wall, or in my camera case. I use candles in the house when the power goes out. My Hunny's the camper, so he's in charge of the batteries for the flashlight. I know I can always grab the electric lantern from the garage. No organization, though. :)
We are pretty organized here with the batteries....always seem to have enough in stock...even a few rechargables.... my issue is....I replace the battery in the smoke detectors at each time change(daylight savings) then what do you do with all those dang 9 volt batteries....not much else takes them...only the alarm clock back ups, and the old transistor radios....I could use them in things like the 7 or 8 remote controls in this house but each one of them take AA or AAA batteries.....any ideas what to do with these after you take them out of the smoke detector? and they are not cheap, and you are supposed to replace them every time change, they never seem to wear out. So they are just wasted.....
Only one way, rechargeable and a charger!For light we have a rechargeable lantern that has an extra charger that you can use with your vehicle charging receptacles.
our batteries are in one place, kind of. But I am in awe of this battery holder, I want one!
I will let you know what condition they're in as soon as I find them.
Post a Comment