
I don't think I can take much more. A dog gets treated better. I'd like to think it's because I'm an Aquarian stuck between a Capricorn and Pisces. It's not that. Or the fact I'm working with two strong personalitied women. There is flat out racism going on here. Two of them and one of me.
I ain't no sistah.
This is new to me and I don't like it one bit. The stress is so thick, I'm about to break bad here. I yelled Friday because they are all yelling at each other. Like black folks do I guess. At least unprofessional ones. The tension in my neck will not go away. It's been a horrible week. Even the inmates feel sorry for me. "Why you let her talk down to you like that?"
I'm making mistakes I don't normally make. I can't think straight. The pressure is ridiculous. She's just WAITING to pounce on me. She's having to deliver and she's making my life miserable. I've got one more week on light duty. Then what? I go back to bending over the table and start all over? Nothing has changed. SHE has no problem with it. A lie. So it's all my fault. She even suggested I eat a better breakfast. One with meat. Get out of my face, you bitch.
Workman's Comp is slower than Christmas. They didn't like the idea my pay has been lowered because they'll have to make up the difference. Everything is still up in the air. I'm feeling better, except for this huge pain in my neck which is called TENSION. I'm wondering if it's all even worth it. Friday, she just ignored me when everyone else was saying have a nice weekend. What shit will tomorrow bring? I think they are working on trying to fire me or get rid of me somehow. Who the hell knows.
I put myself in these situations. Easy job. A no brainer. Over qualified. Then I wonder why the people I work with are such idiots. I'm not talking about the Detention Center employees. They are still great. I miss being up on the floor. I'm stuck in a hole in the warehouse with no heat. My physical therapist said I may not be able to change my job conditions and that I'll have to take more breaks, do a few exercises while working. This will not go over well with THE BITCH. Everyone says "Don't put up with it". Well, if I say anything it will be used as ammunition to fire me. Shit damn hell.
On a happier note, because I'm so tired of my depressing blog posts. David came home for the weekend and of course that made me smile! He had friends over Friday night and they made a lovely party noise that I've missed! Big smile! It was wonderful! I miss all his buddies too.
Rooster is having a blast when it's not raining. She's island hopping and enjoying herself. I talk to her as often as I can because I miss the hell out of her. I can't wait till she's home.
Early this week is was 6 degrees with the wind chill. It's 62 now. I've got Spring fever and just might have to spring myself from jail and get away from all the negative energy threatening to erode my more positive self. It's just not healthy. Happy and broke is better than the alternative. I think.
12 comments:
Deb--it's time to get out of there. Nothing is worth that. Nothing. You are way too smart to be doing that stuff. Put your resume on CareerBuilder.com. It is a great site! Sending hugs and a warm wrap for your neck;)
Goodness gracious, I'm so sorry you're in this situation. Life can be difficult enough without people like the "B" gettin' in our face. I've been in a somewhat similar situation, but clearly not as bad as you are in.I'm glad David came home with his buddies. I sure can remember how much I enjoyed the old days when my daughter was home from college, and the house full of girls.Take care, and have faith. I hope things get better for you, I really do.
Sounds like you are going through a VERY hard time. You are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place with your injury lurking there. Maybe when you are healed you should find another job. Stress is dangerous in many ways. You could go bald! You don't want that do you? giggle giggle.I will be thinking of you and praying that the Lord will give you peace and guide you in the right direction.HugsHope you are enjoying your Sunday and David.Patti
Have you thought about putting one of those tiny voice-activated tape recorders in your pocket? Get that bitch on tape. Hang in there.
Hey Deb, Hang in there....it is a full moon this week and they are all howlin'...here at home too!i work with a sistah and I always aske to be reassigned to a different area, because she doesn't work, her mouth goes on endlessly and she gets away with talking on the cell phone while at work( absolutly forbidden at work) and does no work. we are always doing extra to make up for what she doesn't do. But the pay and the benefits are worth me staying. ANyway, keep a smile on, that really pisses them off!
I don't care what color a person is...no one should treat another person like that.I'd say hang in there but sounds like you'd be better off to get out of there.Hallie
Aw Deb! I am so sorry you are having to deal with this Bitch and tryingto heal all together!I hate working with people sometimes! Just know that I am praying for a better situation for you. We're all here for you, so vent away, it helps relieve some pressure so it can be better for you.I have these great little pills my doctor gave me. They are for my anxiety attacks...when I need to take one, I end up just smiling at people with their little attitudes and it all seems so much better. I can function well with them too. Maybe ask your doctor for some. I rarely have to take them, because for some reason after a while I don't feel like I need them anymore.
:( Sorry. Sounds like it really is time to get out of there.
Debbie is there no one over their head that you can talk to? Can you talk to an attorney? Or anyone? You should not be treated that way especially since you are hurt and on light duty. there has to be laws to protect you and what you are going through.
I usually am the first to say just hang in there, but I think its time that I would get out too.Are there other jobs out there in your area?
Hey, you. When I first read this post of yours, I couldn't even comment right away because I find it so upsetting. I think this happens more than anybody knows, but people just don't speak up because, for one thing, it does no good. What would happen if you got right back up in her personal space and, RIGHT IN HER BITCHY FACE, told her she was creating a hostile work environment and you're gonna sue her lazy ass? Sometimes those bully types do it just because they think they can and then back right down if you give 'em a taste of their own medicine.In any case, I agree with anyone who says get out of there. You don't get paid enough for this, do you?I can't even find anything to BWAHA about with this situation...
I haven't been keeping up with the blogging so well, so I'm just seeing this now... Debbie, this is terrible! I'm so sorry you are going through this stress at work. I have seen it happen where employers will treat people horribly in the hopes that they will quit -- that way they don't have to pay unemployment benefits. I have no advice for you, as I don't know what anyone can do in these times, but I am truly sorry. So glad David came home for a visit, as I'm sure you could use the hugs.
Post a Comment