Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

First Order Of Business Today...


Garage doors won't work. It's winter and there is frost. I'm sick of wasting gas on warming up before heading out. Makes no sense to wear yourself out shivering when there is an alternative.

My co-pay for American Home Shield is $55.00 (uh, $60 - email confirmation). They will send someone out and fix it. All one has to do is call. Well, I finally did. I mentioned on another post that I'd finally gotten the truck in the garage after about 10 years of not doing it. I loved it! I'm very fortunate to have one and I'm thankful for it. Not using it is stupid and lazy on my part. I'm not sure if it's the garage door opener, or the door itself.


The Whole House Doctor will be calling me back to set up a time. This Doc makes house calls...I know...lame. Every morning I would pray the garage door would open as I sat in my truck. Can you imagine? What if it didn't? Would I just back up and bust through it? Like in the movies?


When I did get it open and got out, I would press that little opener hundreds of times and it wouldn't close all the way or wouldn't move. Such a small thing in life causing so much aggravation and frustration! How many things do we encounter in our day that we keep putting off that are irking us? All that crap adds up inside your tummy and your head and makes for irritability. You have a list of stuff through your day that you know you need to do, but don't take the time. You just sigh. One day. And then you go read blogs, take a nap, read, watch TV. Before you know it, you're overwhelmed. Sound familiar?


There are probably a few out there who this doesn't apply to. If it doesn't, then please start a blog, let us know about it, and we'll visit to learn your secret. Oh, wait, I bet there are already many, many of those blogs out there. We spend a good deal of time visiting and reading and planning and thinking. Yes, people, I'm back on the anti-procrastination thing. If I don't learn not to do it soon, at 53, then what's the point? Claudia at stitchintime is joining FlyLady and I used to be a member. I even have her on my blog, which I forgot. I think it's about time I started receiving the emails again. You all should check her out, if you're sitting here procrastinating about something. Those ladies will really kick your ass into gear.


I'm going to visit her at flylady.net and wait for the Whole House Doctor to call, pay bills and tackle one more thing that is getting on my nerves. Not sure what. But I'm on it!

8 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Well....I guess I could go get on the treadmill...By the way, I hope you get that door fixed. That is annoying. I've just had all of ours go, one week after another. Cute.

Sally said...

I kept that home protection thing for years, and used it once. After I cancelled everything went to pot. My garage door is giving me fits also therefore my car stays outside. Of course, we don't have the weather problems so it's okay.I'm glad you enjoyed my post today; I didn't know if anyone would see the humor 'cause mine's pretty sick sometimes. hahahahHave a great day; hope the "doctor" makes his round soon for ya!! :)

Michelle said...

Hope you get that door fixed so you can get out without worry. Sucks when you have to worry if something is going to work right every time you use it. I will keep the Home shield Policy. We have too many things that could go wrong that owuld be expensive if I had to replace it. Heater, AC, Dishwasher, to name a few.Off to go check out the flylady.

claudia said...

Thanks for mentioning me on your blog. I feel special. I have to let you in on a little secret...I still need to shine up my sink! FlyLady works if you follow it, that's the first rule! Thank you for post today. Cause, like, well, now I don't feel alone. Wanna have a FlyLady race? Please feel free to kick me in the ass, cause I am not doing what I (really, really, really) want to do. Can you say overwhelmed? I think you touched on that in your post!I DID stick to my Weightwatchers today. (UM, except for two little pieces of See's Candy...They should NOT have put that damned box where I could see it!)But I am still in my allowance of food points. YAY!Hope your door gets better. Hey! Don't feel bad, I have a nice two car garage, with a door that opends and closes, and I still can't get a car in there, I keep everything. Don't tell Hallie!

Flea said...

I was a Fly Baby for a long time. Loves the Fly Lady.My garage door doesn't open more than about two feet when it gets really cold. I always forget till winter and am surprised when it happens. The kids have to remind me. So I take the opener out of the car and grab the handle as it's coming up, giving it the extra little tug it needs to get past that two foot mark so it will keep going. Bizarre creature. We're all used to it and kinda like it now.Good luck with yours! And I hope you do well FLYing this year! I've about given up, but have settled into my own routine pretty well. It's all good.

Kellan said...

I need to check out flylady.net! Good luck and Happy New Year to you!Kellan

TSannie said...

O dear...hope that door works soon. And what's this about flylady.net?? And there's a whole heck of a lot that's been getting on my nerves lately - a whole heck of a lot!

Tonjia said...

that flylady drives me nuts!! she is always cleaning her freaking sink! LOLOLOLI am destined to be non organized when it comes to house cleaning. I think I need a maid.... then I could let her clean and I could blog more!