Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 Happy New Year!


Auld Lang Syne History & Lyrics
Auld Lang Syne (The Good Old Days) is a song traditionally sung at midnight when horns are blown, confetti is thrown, and a general party atmosphere is created to ring in the New Year with happiness and hope for a bright and prosperous year. The outgoing year is often represented by an elderly man known as Father Time and the new year is represented by a baby known as Baby New Year.

Robert Burns wrote the lyrics to Auld Lang Syne in the 1700's.

Auld Lang Syne
Robert Burns

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and days of auld lang syne?

For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet
For auld lang syne

We twa hae run aboot the braes
And pou'd the gowans fine;
we've wander'd mony a weary foot
Sin' auld lang syne

We two hae paidled i' the burn,
Frae mornin' sun till dine;
But seas between us braid hae roar'd
Sin' auld lang syne

And here's a hand, my trusty friend,
And gie's a hand o' thine;
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet
For auld lang syne

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and days of auld lang syne?

For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet
For auld lang syne


I've made many new friends in the past year doing this blog and I want to wish every one of you peace and happiness in 2009.

Thank you so much for all your support and love!

12 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

It's been quite the year. No? Love and nothing but good stuff to you Debbie;) xoxo, Lauren

Just Joni said...

A cup o' kindness to you Debbie, it's been fun visiting your blog and sharing moments of growth with one another...life is made special through friendships...have a safe and happy new year celebration!*clink*...a toast to 2009 ~

Sally said...

I wish you the best life has to offer, Debbie, in this New Year.Hunter is here - saw your post and yelled "Fireworks - I wanna go to 'DisneyWord'. hahaha

Lisa said...

I personally am glad 2008 is gone and over with. I hope that 2009 brings a little more??? peace, stability, togetherness, I don't know, just something a little more pleasant than what this year has been for me. For you, I hope that you find a goat! And what all it will represent! I guess we will have to wait and see huh? Thank you for being a part of my life.

claudia said...

I wish only the best, most peaceful and fulfilling new year for you!It has been wonderful reading your blog and getting to know you. Looking forward to this new year and more blogging goodness!

TSannie said...

Thank you for the background. Here's to a lovely 2009 to you, Debbie. Only the best, my friend, only the best!

Tonjia said...

Happy New Year Debbie, I hope 2009 is a great year for you!

AirmanMom said...

debbie... happy 2009!~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Andrea said...

Happy New Year to you too. 2008 did fly by. There is a saying, "Time flies when you are having fun." I did not realize I was having so much fun. LOLI hope you have a wonderful 2009. In a few blinks it will be 2010. Seems like just a year or two ago we were all making a big issue over Y2K.

Just Joni said...

Hi Debbie...to answer your questions:the journal with my name was just a happy accident put out by an author by the same name and...to get captions to accompany your pictures, go to "edit html" after you have downloaded a picture to post...then find the line where there is an (alt "")...put whatever you want to write inside those quotation marks (alt "blah, blah, blah") and voila...your words will appear with your photo when people scroll over it! Give it a try and let me know if you have any trouble!happy days ~

kim-d said...

Here's to us in 2009, Deb! I just know everything will be fine because we will just BWAHAHAHA our way through it all, right?BWAHAHAHA on, my friend!

BerryBird said...

A very Happy New Year to you, Debbie. Thanks for posting these lyrics, it's interesting to see the Scottish version.