Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

Well, Let's See...

The Eagle Rooster has landed. We've all gotten a 30 second personal cell phone call from her. No Internet service yet and no Vonage hooked up...will call when I get it set up. Period. She's fine, so we're fine.

Last week at the jail was depressing and by the looks of it, the whole weekend didn't get much better. Many of my customers were transferred from their normal cell to the "you've misbehaved" floor which I go to on Mondays. Kind of like a "time out" in a stronger sense. My normal delivery time of about an hour, extended to almost 2 because of so much inmate movement. They move, means I move outta the way to behind another locked door. I don't mind. It adds a little excitement. The down right crazies special pod was about full. I'm sure this is because of the increased depression factor during the holidays, which happens to us on the outside too. I asked one of my regulars, lol, they are all regulars, but I mean recognizable faces, what he'd done and he said he talked to his kids on Christmas, they cried, and he started hitting anything not moving. Up to 8 South he went. I empathized with him as much as I could through the food slot. Sigh.

On a brighter note...I actually felt some sunshine today. It was 60 degrees and the sun was so unfamiliar, it just about blinded me when I came out from work. Grabbed my sunglasses, rolled down the window, and grinned all the way home. Okay, not all the way, but it sure felt good. I got the ladder out and took down my Moravian Christmas flag, took out some trash. The kind of weather you just want to soak up because you know it's not going to last but a day or so.

As it stands right now, we're working the whole week, which is fine with me. I need the money and I have no wild party plans for NYE. I think my son might have some and I've already stepped up my prayers for him and the other party goers out there.

Wondering if I should mention this, since my brother reads my blog, about how damn stupid his little stunt was last Friday night. He recognizes the fact he was a complete idiot already. Playing with guns and drinking is not wise, little bro. He's fine, but some of the gun that "shot backwards, blew off the handle because of gun powder" parts embedded in his face have to be removed by a plastic surgeon. I haven't seen him, but he says it looks like he has a case of acne. He left this on my machine last night. I quickly called to inquire about his injuries, wish him well, and tell him what a dumb ass he is. Isn't that what big sisters are for? Thank God he had on eye protection, or he could have "shot his eye out". Hasn't a Christmas movie already been made about that? Wasn't it a little boy? Um....

10 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

But does he own a leg lamp?Hallie

Flea said...

Sounds like life in your neck of the woods is exciting. At least for your brother.

Mental P Mama said...

You are, indeed, a good sister. WTF?????????

Brenda said...

Whew! I'm sure glad your brother is ok, that could have been really bad.The guy who was talking about his kids crying and him getting all upset. Guess he should have thought about where his actions (the ones that got him behind bars in the first place) were leading him, hmmm?

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

What do you mean...what's a leg lamp? The movie you are referring to has a leg lamp in it!! It's a classic!! But I'm loving that you had to suffer through my worms to figure that out!!BWAHAHAHAHAHHallie

Sally said...

Now, see? You and your younger brother are different from me and mine. Yeah - he's the one who calls ME dumb arse! I am very glad, though, that it wasn't more serious for you brother. That could have been sooooo much worse.I'm glad your friend made it okay on her trip. Hopefully, it won't be long before y'all can hook up on the email, web cam and all. I know you're already missing her!!It must be so difficult to work where you do. I think I've told you before that a lot of my relatives work in corrections and, oh boy, some of the stories I've heard. :)

Michelle said...

My hubby has a leg lamp.I got it for him for Christmas a couple of years ago. A Christmas Story is his favorite Christmas movie. Has to be watched multiple times. Hope the bro is ok and learned from his error. Don't work too hard this week.

claudia said...

I'm glad to hear that Rooster has landed safe and sound at her destination.It's gotta suck working with all those guys who are incarcerated at this time of the year. I know and I know you know they made choices to get where they are now, but it doesn't make their depression any less!I am glad your brother is relatively alright. Dang! That's a little scary! I think I am glad I have no brothers!

Tonjia said...

OMG your brother is a lucky man!! I am sure he knows that already.No plans here for NYE either, we call it "fools night out". Have a good week at the jail, dont forget the prisoners are there because of decisions that THEY made.....Glad to hear that Rooster is safely on land again, I am anxious to hear how things are going for her. Is she in the Phillipines for her work?

Lisa said...

Hey Deb, just getting back from my Texas trip and trying to catch up on reading. Sorry your friend is gone for so long, I know you will really miss her. Yes, work right now will suck, you know those guys are going to be depressed not having the family around. Then again, they might be in a better place huh? Next year I want to go far far away for the holidays!!! More suicides are done around the holidays and then the period right afterwards when the bills start coming in so just know your guys are going to have a rough time for just a little while. Try to keep the conversation away from family. Or just reming them and try to motivate them to WANT to stay out of jail next time!! Yeah right! Like anyone thinks about going to jail when they make poor decisions!? and yes, you are a good big sis, guns and alcohol never mix! I won't call him a dumb @^& but since you can, good for you! So glad he is ok.Happy New Year!