David and Ashlie, Rooster's daughter, outside Outback. It was crowded inside and freezing outside.We had a great dinner and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
They picked me up around 9 a.m. yesterday, we stopped and had breakfast and then headed to the airport.
First major issue...carry on too big. 
This guy was either new, sleepy, cold, tired or just plain whatever...Yes, Rooster, you should be able to spot this luggage, and so can everyone else, you nut.
Ashlie kept joking that her Mom only wore glue on nails when she traveled...these little boogers kept popping off and she was too nervous to get them back on. We will be able to follow her trail by the nails on the ground...

Now we're repacking. The other carry on now was okay and it was bigger. She also had to find a change of clothes to have when she arrived in Nargoy (near Tokyo). Thank goodness we got there early. Keep in mind...not big travelers here. (Rooster, hubby Jim and Ashlie). Jim just stands around and waits to be told what to do.
Sheree and her family had arrived. She brought a small tote and a big duffle bag. She planned for a week and Rooster planned for 6 months. I learned she even took her own Ranch dressing. Who KNOWS what's in those bags?
Mom and Daughter. The longest these two have ever been separated is about 2 weeks. Ashlie is 25, a nurse, and is still living at home. Hopefully she'll stay AT home to keep her Dad company, every now and then.

Best friends. I'm dressed for the weather...cold and rainy. She was worried about getting hot. She wears makeup and I look pale and sickly and cut my bangs too short for humid air. She's going to a tropical island. I'm going back to jail on Monday. Ashlie said it looks like she's holding up my boob. Uh..they aren't big enough to hang down that low, my dear, we are holding hands. She's photogenic, I'm not. She looks younger and is...by 3 weeks. I love her to death and the feeling is mutual.
I tracked her flight online until it crossed in to "must be over a large body of water". First thing this morning, I checked and it has landed for the first leg. She should be traveling to Manila now and then has to spend the night. They, for some weird country reason, can't fly to Cebu until tomorrow.
She will be here....

I will be here.
10 comments:
Live vicariously....that's what you can do.
I can hear how much you miss her already. Aww...we'll do our best to keep you company!It's great to see a picture of you. Now I have a face to go with the posts! Nice to see You! And STOP! You are a very pretty lady!
Nice pictures.
Only really good friends would hold upi your boob!! Looks like she's a great friend!Hallie
Oh, what GREAT pictures. Thanks for sharing, Debbie. Stop putting yourself down, though; you look exactly as I would have thought, very pretty!Now, I have to go back and read why Rooster is making that trip. :)I wish her the best, and yeah we'll all still be here for ya!!
Oh Debbie--you need to go visit her. And make sure you call Jim every once in a while to tell him what to do;)PS--I think you look cute.
I know you miss her but just think of how much nicer and easier it is to stay in touch now than it used to be. She'll be back home before you know it! (((hugs)))
What a wonderful place to visit and I bet you'll get a nice souvenir as well...the pictures are wonderful...time passes so quickly, it'll be like she never left!
I think you two look like sisters.you both look awesome! And Rooster, I am SO JEALOUS of this trip! Look at that water!Will she share pics with us when she gets home???
Awww, Deb, that is a bummer cuz I know how much you're gonna miss your friend; I could almost cry (for you) just thinking about it! It is hard...and I really do hope the time goes by fast, but still. You can never get back time, and it's just plain not right when "your person" isn't around.
Post a Comment