Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Twilight & Mama's Book Club


Vampires? No, I don't think I'll enjoy this. Not my cup of tea. After much prodding and hearing all the hooplah and a wonderful friend actually mailing me the book, I reluctantly started reading it.

The first 20 or so pages, I was still hesitant. I kept reading on because "everyone" was talking about it and what was the matter with me that I wasn't getting it? I think I was assuming I was going to read till the end and Edward was going to eat Bella...


Stephenie Meyer, out of nowhere, just reached out and grabbed me and shook me and all of a sudden I got it! When I realized Edward was fighting his urges, it became much more exciting for me. (I must admit though, the thought of kissing and hugging someone ice cold does not personally appeal to me. Ugh.) Bella was obviously ripe for the picking, with all her insecurities, low self-esteem and her insatiable curiousity. She's just as hungry as he is!

I have not purchased the 2nd book yet, but will have it by the end of the week. How can I not? Many of you are further along than I am. When someone mentions the movie...I shut them up real quick. I do not want to hear anything until I read them all.

I have never written a book review and have no clue how to do it. I think you're suppose to use words like riveting, suspense till the end and outstanding and the writer knocked my socks off. I love the way Ms. Meyer writes. Not too wordy and the right balance between character conversations and Bella's actions. When someone can achieve getting ME to read about vampires, their writing is beyond best seller quality.

I've joined Mama's Book Club and you can too! It should be fun, so please come join us for the first review!


Is this where I'm suppose to recommend this book? Well, you betcha!

9 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Yeehah! A wonderful summary! I am glad you liked it. What book do you want us to read for our next meeting?PS--I think hugging a cold person would feel good sometimes;)PPS--Do you have hot water yet?

TSannie said...

Dang it! Now I'm gonna have to actually read the book! Great review, btw!

Tonjia said...

I havent read it because I dont think I would enjoy reading about vampires. should I try it?

Lisa said...

I don't have time to read, I need the book on cd, or tv, so I can do my computer stuff and still "read" the book! Vampires are not my favorite subjects, not even close to being in my top ten! But I trust your judgement and bet I would actually like it~!

phd in yogurtry said...

I approached this book with the same skepticism. I thought about reading it because my son was SO into it. But kept putting it off. Then I heard friends who talked about its steamy hawtness. So I thought, give it a try. And yes, somewhere in the first night of reading I was hooked. I love your blog page, btw. Love the red color and especially the textured background. Want it.

Kacey said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. No, I didn't write about Twilight on my blog...I let loose on MPM's blog. I liked the book okay. I couldn't get into the high school girl mindset. The action towards the end was great though, wasn't it? I think I'll pick up the next in the series. Maybe.Oh, and the kissing the ice cold thing? Bugged me too.

claudia said...

I thought I left you a comment here earlier...the brain is sucking these days I guess! I meant to at any rate. I want to read these books...all of them.About the video...I still have days of feeling like I am looking for acceptance and being with my "people". You'd think at 55 I'd have it all together. I still have some growing to do. Maybe it's the time of year though too!

Putz said...

i wonder if edward is a righteous enough dude to be able to pass an interview with his bishop for temple worthyness and be sealed to whatsits for all eternity???you fwmale are so in love with with this dude...love strarved wenches

kimmy said...

Read all FOUR books in less than two weeks. I had a slight addiction. Edward is YUMMY!!!!Kimmy