Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Okay, Now What?

The day after Christmas. It's over. Now what?

I'm sure there are people out there who will head out to shop. I am not one of them. My plans were to go and get a uh, normal size tree when they are on sale. You can remind me next year, when I need a tree. I do need to replenish the tissue paper, boxes and bows. An organized person would go ahead and do that. I am going to make a note of it and put it where I may find it.

We had a perfect evening last night. Great food at Rooster's as usual. I brought leftovers home. Only one thing...her brother's wife can not seem to shut up and she is so loud. We watched a portion of the DVD Mike & Sharon made, of Rooster and I as seniors in high school making a movie, Mike always had a camera, of us robbing an ABC store and her shooting me...long story, but watching us as 18 year olds together and now as 53 year olds was a hoot!

Tonight, we are all (and I mean ALL) going to Outback for dinner. My brother is treating David and I. Thank you, Mikeeeee! We are having a "have a great trip" get together for Rooster who is leaving on a jet plane for a 20 hour ride to the Philippines for 3 FRIGGIN MONTHS! This is her 3rd flight taken in her entire life. Anyone wishing to Google Cebu, Philippines will see she's actually going on a tropical vacation. GMAC has provided her with everything. First class all the way, laptop, international cell phone, the works. The only thing not provided is a guaranteed job after she trains the people who are taking her job. We're just praying, that if she sells her soul and kisses many many butts, they will keep her on.

I'll be going with them to the airport tomorrow. When I get back, David will have already left to go back from whence he came. My extended family before the divorce, is coming up to see his Dad and he is spending time with them Saturday night. I'm glad, because he gets to see his half brother, who is in his 40's, and they get along fabulously. Oh, and see his niece and nephew, who are teenagers. David loved all his gifts, because he can "use" them. That was my intended purpose. No sense wasting money. You ask, what did David give his Mom? That is another post.

I'm debating whether it's too soon to change my blog face. I'm one who doesn't linger over Christmas once it's over. You know the superstition about not taking the tree down until New Year's Day. I used to be her. Now I'm not. Of course, this year, taking the tree down, may take all of five minutes. I may just take the angel off the top, move it into a corner on a table and add it to the decor. Someone should invent a tree that lowers from the attic. That would require we always put the tree in the same location and come on....who does that? No, I wouldn't leave the decorations on it. That is a fun and memories part. It's over and I'm still talking about it.

Did I mention my best friend in the entire world is leaving tomorrow? That's okay. An adventure of a lifetime and I'm excited for her. We did figure out the webcam thingy and we can still talk every day on the phone. I am concerned for her hubby and daughter. They REALLY depend on her for everything, but then again, that could be fun to watch too! And...thank God, she got a new camera for Christmas. You know we all thrive and live for pictures. I'll post em if she sends em!

Gosh, I'm wordy today. I'm happy. At peace and so thankful I don't see inmates for 3 more days. I do need a good book to crawl into. Maybe I will go out just for a minute or two...

8 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

This post put a smile on my face. Except for the Rooster part. Maybe you could go visit her for a week or two....Three months is a very short time, or a very long time depending on where you are. I am taking my tree down today. I always do. Then the house gets filled with Spring flowers. Best thing I do for myself during the holidays;) Have a great weekend!

claudia said...

I can safely say, YAY it's over now?Sounds like you had a great Christmas. Ours was nice, relatively quiet, but there were a coupla little ones and that always makes for some noise and happy, happy, joy, joy.We spent the afternoon at my 86 Y/O Dad's place with his girlfriend and some of her family. It was nice to get to know more of her side. I love this woman, her family lives a ways away from us, so the getting to know them trickles in.

Lisa said...

So sorry to see your friend leaving for three months, but it will pass quickly and yes, you can still stay connected thanks to technology. Well I am doing laundry, a mountain was dropped off at my house hummmm, wonder if Santa brought while he was here!? Must not have, not his size or color! Have some peaceful time for the next few days and catch up with me too on the internet!

Andrea said...

We have been very busy remodeling our house so I have put blogging on the back burner but plan to get started back real soon. Reading blogs has made me homesick for blogging so I will be back just as soon as we get everything back in order here. It is hard to believe Christmas is over and 2009 is coming on just a few blinks. I hope you have a happy, healthy and blessed 2009.

Patti said...

Your blog looks great. I am glad you had a good Christmas with your friends and family. Hey we need to see that video you made with Rooster. I bet it is a hoot!!Shopping the day after Christmas does not or never has turned me on> I hate shopping in crowds.So nice to hear that you are happy and at peace. So you love your job right?? HAPPY NEW YEAR DEBBIE!!HugsPatti

Brenda said...

We went into town for dog food and boy was it crowded!Hoping for a kick-ass 2009!

Michelle said...

Sounds like all in all you had a good day. Sorry that Rooster is leaving you for so long. Remember, you have us here for support. I went to Target yesterday and Walmart today. EVERYTHING was 50% off. I am so ready for next Christmas.

Tonjia said...

I LOVE your background! I changed mine too.. I am done with Christmas, and like you, am ready to put it to bed. Unfortunately, my family wants to hang on to the decorations for another week. ick