Up at 2:00 a.m. and now getting ready to clean at 3:00.....A.M?
My house is a disaster. He just packed his suitcases, loaded up and headed out. Everything else is still here. I'm thinking this is going to be a slow transition with him coming up on the weekend for things he forgot. Also, he's living with a friend until the end of the year, or that's the plan. He's also, works for the friend. Luckily his hours have changed to normal 8-5. Weekends off.
I spent the day cleaning the garage and just organizing the chaos. They came to pick up the riding lawnmower for service Friday. Yes, it broke and died on the other side of the creek. Luckily David was still here to push it back. They will deliver it fixed, next Friday. Finally got one jet ski in the garage and other is still at the lake. I told David I would love to actually put my truck in the garage and he said there's no room! The challenge begins :)
Rooster and I went to ONE yard sale, patting ourselves on back for not wasting money we don't have. We also went to dinner and today we are going to the fair for awhile this afternoon, with her daughter. I talked to David yesterday evening and he was on his way to the race. I asked him how Whiskey River was and he said "Okay. I got kicked out". Ummm. Not good. Today he is taking his "home in a truck" to start his new journey at Gray's house. One day at a time.
For the last few years, David has been in and out at night. Mostly out. Now why all of a sudden am I concerned with leaving lights on inside and out at night? This is not the first time I'm alone. Good grief. What's up with this? I was thinking this morning it would be nice to have a recording of a viscious barking dog, that would play when motion was detected outside. Has that been invented yet? Adjustment period, Debbie, you'll get used to it. Sigh.
The Commissary Lady is still doing fine at work. We are getting ready to add some new items to our menu. How exciting. I can't contain myself. One new item is colored drawing pencils. I haven't seen them, but the first thing I thought of was how do they sharpen them? My life is so exciting.
11 comments:
Debbie, it is not like David is "leaving YOU", he is just moving to the next stage. It is hard, I remember when TJ moved to Texas to work, that was nearly 8 hours from my house. It was hard. But we talked everyday, and would visit when we could. About three or four times a year. Him coming home and us going there. But that is just part of life. I still miss him. I still wish he was an hour or two away. But that is not the case. I think once you get over the "alone" part you are going to be ok. Of course I still had Scott at home, big big difference. But you can go see him, go out to eat, or go to the show, and have adult to adult freind time. Not the Mother/Son relationship that you have had in the past. You are such a good momma, and your heart is so big. I wish you peace and contintment soon. And yes, there is a barking dog recording somewhere, it used to be that you hung it on the door knob or somthing like that. But that was years ago and I have no idea if they are still out of not. The pencil thing??? You have asked a very good question, I bet the guards or someone will have to sharpen them for them. Hopefully that is not in your job discription. Takeing the kids home now, have a peaceful Sunday.
You're moving on to a new stage in life too. Enjoy!!!!Next time you wake up that early you can come clean here. :-)
I don't know about that barking dog thing...there must be something out there, cause jees! you can get just about anything. Google it!I have my very own live big barking dog, so have never looked into that. Of course mine barks at leaves being blown downt he street and a horn honking two miles away. Sometimes he sleeps through the people knocking at the door. Go figure!I think you will eventually enjoy having your place to yourself. There's so many things you can do to fill the David's gone time. I wish you peace!
How DO they sharpen them? I am so there in spirit for you my dear...come for a visit any time;)
Hey Deb, we have not visited each other for to long. Sounds like lots has happened since my last visit to you. Your job sounds stressful but interesting.David is moving out? You mentioned a bachelor party...is he getting married?When my David moved out I sat in his room and cried for 4 days and then he came home to visit me on the weekend. Somehow that made it easier just knowing he could come home on weekends. It is hard when your chicks leave the nest but it is part of life and they have to grow up and apart from their Moms. I hope you won't be too lonely. Your job should keep you busy enough to take up much of your time and your political involvement will too.I take it you are for Obama? There are to many negatives for me to vote for him although I don't like McCain either. I think most of America feels this way. God have mercy on America.Stop by and say hello. I have missed your wit and your sweet, wonderful interesting blog.Your friendHugsPatti
hey commissary lady, arent pencils weapons??? LOLOLDavid will be fine and so will you, can I suggest a trip to the pound to pick up a furry friend to keep you company?? I know there is a lonely doggie there who will love you unconditionally and bring sunshine to your life. In fact, I can promise you!And the doggie will give you someone to talk to, I talk to mine all of the time!
Dear Debbie, I'm wondering how they sharpen them also. I think that they do make a barking dog recording. Buy some motion detectors. At least if a door opens, then you can wake up and take action. Since I live in the South, I may be considered a redneck for saying this, but... here goes: I would keep a pistol under my pillow. Keep people wary. Make them jump and dance a bit. Yes, I would pack heat. All of the thugs do. Hey, I heard that an 80 year old woman held a thief at bay with her pistol. He had broken into her home. She made him call 911. HA. That's my kind of granny.Sad about the jet ski. I have to winterize mine. It really hurts to see it motionless.
Chris the oldest was married a whole year and in his own house before I actually had his wife come over and help me pack up his "stuff" from his room...what did he think he was coming home? He has his own house, and a wife....I guess he will ahve to make do. Anyway, i fixed up the old room and made it "girlie" so now no one wants to sleep in it! i still have son #2 at home but he is edging his way out too!...He had ACL surgery on Monday( 10/6) and had to spend the whole week home with mom, awwwww, anyway he was crawling the walls and by Saturday he went back to work with his dad to get away from mom :(...too much hovering I guess....so keep your head up and go see a movie or spend time with friends.... and what is with the colored pencils? I would have given them crayons, they seem safer!
I love pencil crayons! I totally thought about sharpening them too. Nice!
we had our dan move out and the constant phone calls, but at least i didn't have to hear "where are you going dan" now my son 29 is back home, and she treats him like he is 15, all those months he lived outside our home, she didn't do this, why now??????
Remember all those sweet, encouraging comments you left me when my son left for college? Well they are all true and I've survived just fine...I get a little lonely for him from time to time, but hey that's what cell phones are for and if David is like Erik...laundry days will come around quicker than you can imagine...enjoy this new time for yourself and maybe you should get a real dog...they are so much company and if it turns out to be like Lisa's dogs, it will keep your toilet clean too...win win situation.:)
Post a Comment