I seem to have no interest in getting on this computer.
I think of all my few readers and wonder what you're up to and hate that I'm not visiting.
I think of blog posts and then sigh.
Before my job, I spent HOURS on here and now? It's not like I work 16 hours a day...WTH?
I'm addicted to the election coverage and the news and then I get online for 45 minutes and zone out in Club Pogo and then go to bed. No lake for 3 weeks (and this weekend was perfect) Sigh.
I'm still loving my job, so much, I wanted to "volunteer" to work in intake records. No civilians allowed and you have to be an officer before you can work there.
I got so bold and couldn't contain myself any longer this week. The woman who "didn't realize she stepped on her baby" was worried about her Daddy putting money in her boyfriend's commissary account and my mouth opened before I could stop it. "How's your baby?" She got all excited and said "Oh, he's getting the feeding tube out and I can't wait to get out and take care of him!" I said "My prayers have been with him." And didn't add, I'm also praying you never get anywhere near him again. Later that morning, I worked the pod her BF was in. He was complaining out of his cell that he had no commissary. I just yelled back, "you probably don't have money" and left.
Mr. Williams, about 70, had another inmate fill out his sheet. He put the wrong number down and Mr. W didn't get any sugar for his coffee. I obsessed about this little fact, because he was so nice and quiet and never gives me any trouble. The next morning, I was going to sneak him some sugar and shared this with my buddy I talk to every morning, early. He said no, because you'll start something and I agree he was right. Any way, I decided to see WHY this sweet little old man was in jail. Sweet Mother of Pearl I slapped my head silly....habitual sex offender, rape, indecent liberties with minors and I almost had a shit-fit right on the spot at what the hell was I thinking. No need to berate me on this. Lesson learned.
My New Balance shoes have made a huge difference and everyone in the Detention Center now knows I have "happy feet". I will never buy another brand.
Everything is just fine here. Maybe after the election, yard work and lake is all over, I will get back to blogging. I have not forgotten any of you! Sending many hugs!
10 comments:
I miss you! These jail tales are great...keep notes;) Please try to Twit once in a while...Have a great day!
DEBBIIEEEEE! How the heck are you? I am so glad you have happy feet. Good shoes can make such a difference. Remember when we entered the military? They looked at your feet and said here are some boots. Never mind that they did not fit correctly. Now they treat the soldiers feet so much better. The boots are better and they actually take the time to make sure they get the right size.I digressed here. Don't worry about not blogging so much. But even a quick "I worked my butt off today so can't blog" would work for most of us.Have a productive Sunday. I gotta get ready to attend my Blue Start Mothers Group. Talk to you soon.
I understand when life gets in the way. It's been happening here more and more. Take care of yourself.
I missed you! But I understand...I have no life so this is where I come, I just figured you were having a life! Great news on the shoes, man it makes such a gigantic difference when your feet are happy.Sorry 'bout the no lake, I know EXACTLY how you feel on that note.Love the stories "from within" Keep those coming, when you can, ya know. You have a great Sunday, come see us all again when you can, don't stress about it!
I won't berate, but I did grin...a big grin. I love hearing your stories as well. I really do. I am glad you are liking it, I am glad you toughed it out just a little longer and see, you have a whole different attitude. I am soooo happy for you. DARN IT. Becuase I really miss your blogging. I check every day and miss your silly, I mean sly, sensable blogging. Oh heck who am I kidding, you are crazy and I miss haveing my daily dose of it!I am really glad you didn't sneak him any sugar (of any kind!!) when you have to "sneak" anything, then it must be wrong. Not worth losing your job over. So good to hear from you. Talk to you soon..??
I think blogging naturally comes in cycles, but I may not be a good one to weigh in because I could never manage daily posts. I do enjoy your prison tales, though :)
I feel your pain...this blogging is not always easy. Now that I'm back to work, if you've stopped by, you can see that I'm not "on my game" either. I agree with MPM - do keep notes because these jail tales are wonderful!You are missed!
I have missed you! I know sometimes life gets in the way, doesnt it? Just remember we all think of you often, maybe things will settle down eventually...hugs!
Oh Debbie, I just came home from seeing relatives who (at least) 50% either work in the corrections system or psychiatric hospital - do they have some stories!! You sound so much like me - I would have been thinking of giving him sugar too!!!! So glad your shoes are good; when my feet hurt I hurt all over. hahahaTake care and don't worry about not blogging when you can't. I wish I had cable so I could watch Fox news!! It's all so interesting right now.
Sneak him a Hot Pocket ;)"Hot Pocket!"lol.I had no idea you worked in a jail? or is a prison? I've been thinking about working over here at the jail, but not sure about the hours...it's not too bad though. I was planning to become a P.O. but that's another story. Our Sheriff came to school and set me straight;)
Post a Comment