Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

Shoe Shopping and Stuff...

My feet and legs are KILLING me! I thought my tennis shoes were thick enough to withstand walking and standing on concrete for 6 hours. Wrong. It didn't bother me for the first 3 weeks and now...oh gosh. This week was especially painful and it was a short week!

The last shoes I bought during my waitressing gigs was Sketchers. I absolutely loved them and had no problem. I tried putting them on this morning and they are just too worn out to wear and they feel tight after washing over and over and my feet already hurt. I've actually been alternating between a pair of Nike's and Crocs! Not working. I don't know many different brands, but David mentioned New Balance and they were also recommended by a few people at work. So I am on a mission for shoes this weekend. Any ideas? What's your best walking shoe, guys?

Weekend Two with no lake. Hanna has put a damper on it. I have no idea how much rain we will get and neither do the weather people. I'll keep an eye out on the creek if I hear heavy rain. Thanks for the concern MP, Lisa and Michelle! ((Hugs)) I was planning on mowing this evening, but the drizzle came early and the "maybe" heavier rain while I'm asleep. Whatever comes, will come. I'll shoe shop in the rain tomorrow. David's planning on going to the Wake game. Not sure who they are playing. Our little city is having an air show this weekend and I believe Raptor's are doing a flyover at the game. He might actually let me accompany him to the show on Sunday. We'll see. He graciously took the jet ski in for service while I took a short nap this afternoon. I may go ahead and get it winterized and make room for it in the garage. The other one is still down there if it's hot NEXT weekend.

Work is still going great as long as I stay out of the warehouse. The "2 women" can be happy one minute and irritable the next. I'd rather deal with the Deputies and the inmates! Looks like they are intent on making me stay 6 hours instead of 5. It's so obvious neither one of them want to deliver anything. If I can get my feet happy, I can sure make use of the money. I'm getting into a routine and it's working out well.

Speaking of Sarah Palin. Forget her. I'm focusing now on the V.P.'s HOT hubby....

16 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Holy Crapola!! I LOVE THE ENDORSEMENT!Hoe cool is that??Hallie :)

Lisa J said...

New Balance are really good shoes, I like them any ways. So I hope you can find some. JC Penny's usually has some for a pretty good price.Man I sure hope you all do not get too much weather from Hanna, I will be keeping an eye on the tv checking on you, because heaven knows there will so much I can do if you are getting hit huh??? DaahAnd the hottie, oh my gosh, he is very good looking. Did you know she chose to not have an abortion even knowing that the baby had Downe's syndrome? Wow, that took a lot of courage. And did you see the little girl lick her hand and try to smooth his hair out? I laughed so hard. Be careful these next few days,I will be thinking of you. You might need that jet ski at the house depending on how high the water gets!!!

claudia said...

Do you know who the first person was I thought of when I heard about Hanna's path? You! Yes, you! I am concerned and will be watching to see that the news is all good when it comes to Hanna!Bad hurricane, go away!

Michelle said...

OK, I guess he looks ok ;-)Don't let Hanna get to you. Stay dry and get some rest this weekend.I think good socks are just as important as the shoes.I enjoy the feel of new socks and new shoes on my feet.I forgot to tell you that I talked with Lisa J today. We talked for about an hour. It was fun. And then I got to talk with you. That was fun too.Take care and be safe.

Brenda said...

Avon sells Curve walking shoes that are the most comfortable that I've ever had on my feet. They're usually between 30-35 dollars when they're on sale.Hope you're having a great weekend and I hope Hannah isn't giving you too much trouble.

claudia said...

I see Hanna wasn't too harsh! Thank goodness. We had a baby earthquake last night around nine o'clock. Again, not very harsh at all.I will take pictures if I can remember to bring the camera out of my truck and charge the batteries. I took it with me somewhere, never used it when I get where ever I was going and now have left it in the truck for about three weeks. Hmmm...

Putz said...

stop shopping...that will save some wear and tear on your gams

Sally said...

He IS cute isn't he? :)

Tonjia said...

I work on my feet sometimes without sitting for 12-14 hours per night and I swear by CROCS!!I have never had such comfortable shoes before in my life. Every RN in our dept except one wears them. they are amazing, and affordable.Glad to hear you arent getting hit too hard by Hanna. I hear Ike is the one to watch. stay battened down.I think Palins hubby is so-so, for an oil exec. ;-)

riceandbeanschic said...

Do you think that they will be creating the term DILF or FILF or something like that?~just for Mr. Palin?

Kimmy said...

Go for the New Balance sneakers. They are great!!!!Kimmy

Mental P Mama said...

He is cute...I like my Asics shoes...but new Balance are great, too. Hope you found something!

TSannie said...

Merrell's for the winter time. Yup, he's cute alright. I wonder if his brain-power matches his pretty-power...

ChickenGal said...

Gotta have my Crocs!But I work for UPS and have to wear worker shoes, and Crocs do not qualify...I checked their on line catalog and they have a pair listed as "work" shoes...I'll have to check them out. Nothing is more harsh on feet and legs as concrete...I'm not sure where you are, but if you can stand the heat....support hose are a life saver for those legs...I'm in Ohio, and it is warm and humid, so I forgo the hose until the weather cools down a little.....Todd is a hottie! I'm all for Sara.....McCain who? Oh yeah, he's the one running for President....:)

Just Joni said...

Get some comfy shoes...pamper those tootsies!I'm glad work is going well for you ~

Pedro said...

New Balance is a good choice for shoe shopping, I too have got two pairs of shoes of this brand.