
Anyone notice any body language going on here? Poor Bristol seems to be left out of the group hug. I'm already feeling sorry for the poor girl wondering if ANYONE holds her little brother besides her? Not from what few photos I can find. I know there were rumors the baby was hers, which have been squelched by the McCain Mavericks (which seems to be the only word I've heard lately). How is she going to take care of hers when it's obvious she's taking care of her Mom's? This whole Palin thing has got me shaking and scratching my head.
Today's topic of conversation seems to be the same one running through my brain...balancing motherhood with political ambition. We all know "political" ambition overrides ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. It's one thing for a woman to have a successful career as a Doctor or Lawyer or CEO, but if it's political? Obsession is the rule in my opinion. I'm from the old school here. A Mom is a Mom. It's terrific if the Dad can be involved 110% but there is a reason we give birth and we nurse and nurture. We're Moms and not replaceable in the real sense of the word, if you are there and available for your children. I think most Moms feel this way. Dad's are just as special but in a Dad way. Ya'll get the point.
How responsible was it for Sarah to get preggo at her age with her position and ambitions? Duh. What a fine example for Bristol. I'm thinking she got pregnant to get married and get out of the house. Just from the extremely little I've seen of Sarah, can you imagine living up to the woman's expectations? Maybe she is a great Mom, but I'm sorry, you can't be that great if you're not there. And you can't be all there being a Governor of a friggin state. Seriously. Especially when you're commanding HA HA HA your National Guard troops. Yeah right.....
Being the oldest female in the family, I think Bristol is the Mom in this family. I'm the oldest of two and I know how this crap works. "Hon, did you make sure everyone ate, took a bath and did their homework?" "Dad is tired from working all day". And why isn't DAD every holding the baby? You can see I really have issues with this. If she really wanted to make an impression on women and showing us "we can have it all" she would have made her speech with baby on hip. Can't she shake hands and hold a baby at the same time?
I already don't like her for some reason. Judgemental? Yes. But she is running for office so I can be if I want to. She's also always posing with men and I think she's a rather flirty type because she knows she's extremely attractive and that's another thing. When the hell does she have time to work out to keep in such good shape? How old is her baby? Where's the sagging boobs from 5 kids? The belly bulge? Oh, that's right, she runs a lot. When does she find time to do that?
Can you tell that I'm hinting she's a P/T Mom and a full-time "all about me" Sarah?
I also wonder how Cindy McCain feels about this...did Maverick Man choose with his brain or his little weiner?

Let's all say a prayer for Bristol....her life is going to be tough for a young 17 year old girl.
17 comments:
You say weiner...I say wiener!Hallie
I hear you. I was not going to vote for this ticket anyway, but I just feel so sorry for the girl. I want to give her a hug. Sigh. Now I'm going to go see what my 17 y-o daughter is up to...;)
How ya doing? Work keeping you busy? Anna keeping me busy. Not as easy as I thought it would be. I guess my kid was trained enough at that age that I could leave her and know that things would get done. Oh, well...it is early in the game. I still have 9 months to go.
I'm not voting for that ticket either, she appears ditsy to me.
OMG girl you are in my head!! I said exactly the same thing when John Mc announced her as his choice.let me see, she has two years political experience, was mayor for a town of 9,000 and governor for a state that has LESS people than the city of Denver??? ohhh sure she can run the country. (dont forget folks that if the pres dies, the VP gets the seat of power)just look at all of that experience!!Not to mention the part that makes me shake in my boots... SHE IS A MISS AMERICA RUNNER UP!!! bleeechhhh!I feel sorry for her daughter, and I predict she will disappear from the photogs view really soon. Especially as her baby starts to grow. Doesnt a teenager carrying an illigitimate baby kind of contradict the right wing "morality" plank of thier campaign?
I can feel for Bristol and your points are well taken.Here these children are pushed out into the spotlight and look what they media did to Amy Carter and Chelsea Clinton and the Bush twins and JFK's children....always a media blitz. I thought a mom should be a mom and take care of her household, yet I believe a woman can do a great job just like a man... no one was concerned when JFK was running with a 2yr old and a pregnant wife, or Jimmy Carter had Amy, or Clinton's had Chelsea.....always the double standard. Maybe Palin's hubby should step in and be the Mr Mom and let Bristol have her own life. I have yet to see him carry the baby, and is that baby OK. I know he has Down's Syndrome,but he always looks so limp and unresponsive. yes it will be tough for Bristol, but it is tough for alot of young girls. Don't think there isn't some kind of help for Palin's kids, plus bodyguards and Secret Service we taxpayers are paying for. Obama has a Granny he drags around to watch the girls, who does Palin have to watch her brood? Life will never be normal for either of those families.
Too bad the children are even dragged into politics...and I'm with you on Palin...just don't know about her.
This go-round of politics has me wantin' to move to another planet. The daytime soaps don't even come up with stuff this good!I really feel for Bristol. She is being made to be the mommy, when she should be the sister. And they were talking yesterday how the family is going to be there for her when she DOES become a mom and how they (her family) are going to help her out and all? I wonder what time they will have to do that?
My daddy always said there are two things good friends should not discuss, Politics and Religion. I think this is one time I am going to listen to him. Love you guys...talk to you later!
I am so with you...I'm a working mom with twins..and luckily with a supportive boss. I can't imagine being President, or in making my other children take over my mothering duties. I may be a feminist but I realize that my role as a mom is more important than my role as a feminist. (I'm not sure any of that made sense but my hackles are up....) Great post
I admire Sarah and what she has accomplished. That ticket will certainly get my vote. I have been shocked at how the media has attacked her and her family. And I find it disappointing that many are buying into the hateful and sexist rhetoric (which magically doesn't seem to apply to female politicians on the other side of the fence). The politics of hate and division are alive and well, not caring about the human casualties along the way. I find it sad.As a woman who worked in a nontraditional career for 34 years, I really don't think we have progressed very far in our thinking at all. It is like the 1970s all over again. Just my two cents...
i don't want to give you a real bad time here and when you read what i say, i am only teasing...so question if a mom is a mom is a mom....are you the only people also who can wash a dish, or do laundry. or handle grarbage, or iron{oh that.s right not even men iron now days...when a sewing machine was invented they thought that only a man could handle it...now they think it is only for a woman's hand}
i don't want to give you a real bad time here and when you read what i say, i am only teasing...so question if a mom is a mom is a mom....are you the only people also who can wash a dish, or do laundry. or handle grarbage, or iron{oh that.s right not even men iron now days...when a sewing machine was invented they thought that only a man could handle it...now they think it is only for a woman's hand}
also, before you can give me a bad time politically thinking i want this woman in, well i don't...i want her home too, but i want someone who is a democrat and not out warmongering
I came by to say hi and, whoa, guess there is no doubt whatsoever about how you feel. I don't do much discussing of the politics, but I will say this. I am gonna be hard-pressed as to what to do on Election Day. I don't trust that other one and his pack any more than I trust this bunch. YIKES, about ALL of them. Six of one; half-dozen of the other. I may have to write in Pat Paulsen. BWAHAHAHAHA! And I suppose I'm the only one old enough to even know who he is!!!
I know who Pat Paulson is! LOLOL I am ready for the voters to be able to choose the president again. The way it was originally meant to be.The original constitution set it up so that the person who got the most votes became President, the person who got the 2nd most votes became vice president. none of this my party or your party crap. Of course this was before many amendments...
I feel sorry for Bristol, too, and also her boyfriend. Being preganant at 17 has to be hard enough without the media spotlight. I do see a certain poetic justice in it though, for the young daughter of a politician opposed to sex ed to wind up pregnant. Maybe if she had been educated on the facts of life and available precautions, she would have made an informed choice, and wouldn't be pregnant now.
Post a Comment