Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Five Weeks...

Five weeks until David starts his new job and leaves the nest. I'm excited for him, but wish he'd stay here forever. Thank goodness he's only an hour and a half away and I'll still be able to see him often. Hopefully. It's a great opportunity for him to learn and grow. He's furthering his career and working into management. He'll be close to his Dad and be able to spend more time with him, which is a good thing. Damn, it seems like yesterday he was learning to talk and walk!

I had a week from hell at work. Our Supervisor was in Florida for training Monday-Wednesday and this operation doesn't work well with just 2 people. Almost impossible. I worked 7.5 hours two days and then blew up. We had lots of loud words and a screaming and hollering conference call. I ain't taking no shit. I ain't being nice either. I'm holding them to what they hired me for. All ended well on Friday with 3 exhausted women walking out the door.

I went to the lake yesterday. Drove 60 miles. Plugged in the golf cart. Checked the water in the batteries. Wrote a note to my neighbor and left a set of keys for her to please put the charger in the camper. Gazed thoughtfully at the lake for all of 2 minutes and drove 60 miles back. It was 73 degrees and a picture perfect day. Came home, ate and slept 4 hours. I had planned to mow when I woke up, but my sinuses are rebelling against some weed that's growing (my yard is all weeds) and decided, to hell with it and watched Life Time movies. 32 hours on my feet this week. I deserve to sit on my butt. There's always "tomorrow" ....

Today my goal is to visit my fellow bloggers, wash dishes, do laundry and watch more TV. I'm not that tired physically, but when my sinuses act up, I stay SO sleepy!! All that crap behind my eyes I guess.

On the upside, all this money talk on TV is not bothering me much. When you don't have any, you don't have to worry about it being safe!

15 comments:

Putz said...

ah the LAKE, what if you didn't have the LAKE????

Brenda said...

I love a day of Lifetime. My husband calls it the vagina channel. :-)

claudia said...

I LOVE Lifetime TV!!!!! It's one of my many guilty pleaseures.I am so sorry your week was bad! I hate those weeks. I've just been chugging along here, wishing that I had something new and different to do, I am not liking my life right now. I hope your sinuses start giving you a break soon. I get that crap throughout the year, depending on what's growing at the time, but it is all year long. (I'm not in much pain, but just pesty allergy reactions)Good for you standing up to your employers! I wish I could do that, but I don't know where else I would go where they point to the door, I need the income!Yeah, that video is funny, I had never heard the song before, I think I like the words the guy made the video with though, probably much better!Take it easy, I hope you are better soon!OH! And yay! on the nest becoming empty...I hear ya! I just wish my two would get the hint!!!

claudia said...

That was supposed to be WHEN they point to the door! Can't spell!

Tonjia said...

((((((((((Debbie)))))))))) sorry you had a bad week, this job is really chaotic and stressful. More than it should be.I hope David likes his new job, it is going to be an adjustment for him to be gone isnt it?my little doxie Frankie says that if you get yourself a wiener (dog) then you wont be lonely, he highly recommends it!

Mental P Mama said...

Yowza Deb. Too much for me. I think Lifetime is a cure for just about anything. And the grass will always be there.Sending good vibes to David. I bet he comes home to visit his mama a lot;) I miss you!

Lisa J said...

Man nothing like working hard and then NOT feeling good on top of it. Sorry friend. I wish you were not working so much, I miss you too. I hope things work out for David and his new job. I didn't realize his new job was going to take him so far away from "home". It is going to be a big adjustment. When you get to feeling better catch me on IM and let's talk! Take good care of yourself ok?!

ChickenGal said...

Thanks for stopping at my blog,I read yours when I can too! Having one leave the nest is hard. My sister just came back from FL where she visited her 1st born who is attending Jacksonville U. It was hard because she went through a messy divorce and the ex had one boy and she had the other , anyway.... Yes it is a torn ACL and we are waiting on the surgeon. We are lucky to have the Cleveland Clinic here close by. But it has been a hell week, I think it is the full moon. Hey, keep your head up and think positive. You sound like you have such a stressful job....you can always find happy here with your blogger friends.... I am soooo jealous though...always wanted to live in NC...closest I get to NC living is our beach houses on the Outer Banks....and my BFF's place in Albemarle. We are heading to the beach at Thanksgiving....not soon enough for me. Have a great week, and stop by the blog when you get a chance!

kim-d said...

Hey, Miss Deb!!! Girl, I am so with ya on the sinuses...UGH! Okay, so I have been MIA on the comments, but I've still been reading. Somewhere along the line, though, I missed the memo about David's new job and change in living arrangements. Wassup with that?I am planning on having the same kind of day you're having. Nice, huh? :)

La La Leah said...

One day I hope to have a full on TV fest for a whole day. Dr. Phil, Intervetion, Friends repeats, TLC, TBS....ONE DAY!!!!!

Putz said...

benn thinkin about your lake

Michelle said...

Well, you gave me you hell week and I have had the week from hell this week. Anna has asked to be moved....to my neighbors across the street. WTF! I told my neighboer that Anna was having communcation issues and asked her not to get in the middle of it. What does she do? Gets smack dab in the middle. After lots of phone calls and driving out to the Coordinators home last night it came out that this is what Anna wanted. And my neighbor called them to say that they would take her. They have to go thgourh the back ground check but it is the agencies decision. I told her that I did not think it would be good for them to let her move across the street. But either way Anna has caused irreparable damage to that relationship. I hope someone, someday causes interference in her raltionship with her daughter.But, I am back to work. It was a long drive but we did survive. Barely!! Now to deal with this.

Alias Liz Jones said...

Hi Debbie, I think that you must love the lake as much as I do. Yes! The lake is my sanity. Bring your jet ski over. I have an ugly orange and green jet ski. We'll raise sand. Just wanted to leave you a comment and let you know that I have nominated you for a Kick Ass Blogger award should you choose to check it out. Liz

Maggie, Dammit said...

Mmmmmm, Lifetime Moooooovieeees.....

Kimmy said...

Hope you enjoyed watching Lifetime...I love that channel!Hope you are well!Kimmy