Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Where Do I Start...

Outside life is most definitely hampering my blog posting and reading! I'm thankful for your concern and I'm sorry I haven't kept you updated. Geesh! All is a blur after my last post. I'm going to have to cut something else, so I have time for you guys

I didn't work yesterday because I didn't hear back from the man. I figured I was let go. I slept, devoted massive energy to pissery, sadness, etc. I was disappointed. Visited my brother yesterday evening and bitched and complained about jail and made plans for the lake this weekend. When I got home, I was waiting for another phone call when the man called. "What happened to you"? I said "I thought I was let go". Well, after about an hour of conversation, I agreed to go back today and have a conference call with O and the man. We did, she wasn't happy, but she'll have to get over it. I do give her a lot of credit though. She's been there until at least 10:00 every night since Monday and I know both of them are exhausted. She almost quilted me in to staying past 2:00 today and no friggin way I was going to give in. She needs to invest in some time management classes in the future.

Tomorrow, hopefully, will be somewhat normal. We only have to deliver one floor. Usually on Friday's it's catchup day, but since this is the start up, there are a lot of glitches. Get this shit...the Tech guy set the scanner up to only accept pencil OR pen. Not both. How friggin stupid is this, especially since the bubble sheet the inmates fill out CLEARLY states...use pencil or pen. Also, when she is delivering, if the inmate has a question about his order? She goes back to the bubble sheet, looks through all of them to find his name, and checks to make sure his complaint is valid. WTF? This is not Burger King and have it your way!! This is jail and here is what you get. No wonder she is staying so late. Not me, I put the crap out there and said sign at the bottom and date it. We are suppose to deliver 22 orders per hour. I passed her by 5 miles on the first day.

I seriously do not remember any of them from the first day. I'm sure I had a look on my face that scared them into signing and running. I was exhausted. There was one guy that was really sweet. He was really concerned about getting a haircut. I tried to help him, but we had no answers yet. I asked O and she told me. While waiting on the next guy to come up from out of his cell, I was gesturing to Glenn (can you believe I remembered his last name?) with hand language about his hair cut. Pointing to hair and making scissor motions and shaking head no. Please tell me why in the hell I was concerned? Next thing I knew, the swat-like guys were coming in, the Major, and the corrections officer was checking all the doors. Turns out there was an inmate that didn't want to do what they had told him and they were moving him. Yes, my little haircut buddy. We were detained 20 minutes waiting on that to happen.

Is it time for the lake yet?

David finally got with Employee Health today. All is well and based on the Federal guidelines, he will not be taking the preventive meds. The bitch perpetrator used small needles and the stab wounds injections were not deep. Thank you God and you for all your support!

David also just informed me, tomorrow night he is going to Galax, VA to a Fiddler's Convention for one night. I barely remember my only one of those, way back in THOSE days. I hope he will be careful.

You know where I am heading as soon as I pass go, get out of jail and pack. Yes, the lake and I think my bro and Sharon are going also. He doesn't get the thrill of the jet skis. We tried to explain it...the water, trees, nature, breeze, freedom and he said "Oh, it's like a SKI-GASM! We said exactly!

For use at home?

12 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

amen, sister. and get thee to the lake....{{{{{David}}}}}

Lisa J said...

I'm glad you all were able to talk things out and you were willing to give them another chance. That speaks volumes of your character. Yea, I think the jet skis are calling your name for the weekend. Take care bud.

Brenda said...

Whoa, you've been a busy gal! Take me to the lake with you, please?

Michelle said...

Phew!!! I was getting worried. I was to the point tha tI was gonna call you tonight if you did not post. But would nt have worked since you will be at the late AGAIN. Glad to hear things are working out You just have to be firm with what you want based on what you signed up for. If they want a perm/full time employee then they should have advertised and hired one. Or at least talked to you about it. I mean seriously. How hard would it have been to say "Debbie, I know you are part time but with things the way they are we could really use you to stay a little longer for awhile". Now was that hard?Ok, we need to talk about your judgment in men. Remember, if they are behind bars...not a good thing. If they are in bars...depends on how long they have been there. If they are carrying bars of chocolate...grab him!Have a good weekend. Hubby is driving home tonight and Anna arrives on Sunday. Got a few things to do I guess.My To Do ListWash DogsWash Dogs beddingVacuumesweep/mop floorsmow grass (hubby can do this)Your to do listGo to LakeRide Jet SkiEat camping food (yum)Have FunRelax(((DEBBIE)))

Sally said...

Well, after all that, I'm glad things worked in your favor. Stick to your guns though; don't let em take advantage!!Have a great weekend at the lake!!

Tonjia said...

"skigasm"... LOLOL Good grief Debbie it sounds like the people you work with are horribly unorganized. Maybe you need to take over this operation and have them work for you!by the time you have worked there a while you will be a seasoned pro, and these early days will be forgotten.have fun at the lake. my to do list for the weekend:sleepworksleep work sleep.I agree with Michelle, I like your list MUCH better!!have fun!

claudia said...

Is that a Wii Ski at the cottom? I want one!!!!!Hopefully, everything will settle in at the jail and you can have semi-normal days at work now. Have a fantastic weekend at the lake. I'm jealous!

Carletta said...

Hey Debbie,Wonderful news about David - that's the best.Now, go to the lake and have FUN!Post when you can - we'll be here!

Joni said...

I've just caught up on the last two days....and now I'm exhausted! I hope your new job turns out to be one you like...meanwhile relieve some stress at the lake...you deserve it!

Lisa J said...

Just checking in on you and hoping that all is well. I know you are at the lake but have sure missed your postings...it has been weeks since you posted last and that is just not like you. Hope to hear from you soon!

Deb Estep said...

Hey Sweetie...For you .....http://tinyurl.com/Praying-HandsLoveDebs_E

TSannie said...

Hope you're at the lake as I write this having a grand old relaxing time! So glad your son is ok! A prayer answered. As far as your job goes....hmmmm.And I'm so glad someone else is also having outside life problems. This is the first day I've been blog-hopping in a week!