I can't see, I can't think and I don't remember driving home, except I was on my cell phone raising hell to a friend of mine.
I went to my part-time job at 7:00 a.m. I got up at 4:30 a.m. Do you know what friggin time, I became sick from not eating all day and at 7:45 P fricking M. WTF? A first day of 13 damn hours? They are just taking over the contract from another and can you say situation all screwed up? I was almost in tears when I left. We did not start to deliver items until damn 4:30!!!!! Then came their supper break. We were not done when I began to get dizzy.
One does not go from sitting on their butt all day to this. I was in no way told to expect this. I called the guy who hired me when I got home and blah blah to tired to explain here. But he was supposed to call me back and I have not heard a word. It's almost 10:00 and I'm due back at 7:00 a.m.
I was too tired to even notice the inmates. I was checking and saying sign here. Thank you. I will post more tomorrow and if it's this late? You'll know I plan on finding other employment.
David played golf today...still no news. Goodnight ya'll and I just pray my legs will work when I get out of bed tomorrow. Thanks for all the concern.....very much appreciated!
22 comments:
20-25 hours per weekno benefitsHallie
They weren't done when I left and Hallie THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!!THANK YOU!
I think part time can mean anything less than 40 hrs. Anything over 32 hours and they have to offer you the same benefits as they do 40 hr workers.Sounds like the hours I used to put in every day for years. Then I finally decided it was killing me so I quit full time and most of the part time too.
Good grief.
I agree with them above, part time is anything less than 35 hours. BY LAW you have to have a lunch break, off the clock, for a minimum of 20 minutes every 5 hours. That does not include your 15 minutes breaks 2 per 8 hour shift. If you work more than 10 hours then you have to have another off the clock break. And you have to eat. You just gotta tell them that you need a break (you do smoke, right) and then you need lunch. Good luck today. I hope it goes better for you.
Hopefully things will get better. Give it a few days, maybe a week and if they are getting their stuff together then you can make a better sound informed decision. Take a breath, take some snacks with you (?) and give it a chance. Then, if it is not what you want, you gave it your best try. What more could you ask of yourself? I will be thinking of you friend. Take care.
Goodness, mercy, that's a heck of a long day!!!! I sure hope that isn't going to be the norm. Part-time should be like 20 hours, but not them durn long get it half over in ONE DAY!! That stinks....Hope today is better. ((HUGS))
Maybe they meant part time life?Geez girl, that is no good! You need breaks, you need to be off your feet, hopefully today won't be the same!I'm thinking about you all day now.....full time!
Yes, 20-25 hours per week, but not all at once. Ugh. Hope it gets better.
What is their problem? If you are supposed to work 20-25 hours a week then you have already worked half of your hours this week in just one day!Dont let them make you work all day without a break, just take one. you owe them NOTHING. There are other jobs out there if you need to walk....
for r and r , debbie
for r and r , debbie
for r and r , debbie
what should happen is that after 20 hours of work, the whole company should take a break to your lake that isn't by the ocean for r and r...you are military and know what r and r is...my wife is 27 floors above myrtle beach RIGHT NOW....
for r and r , debbie
for r and r , debbie
Well, Deb, to me that is bunches of crap! I am so sorry that it didn't work out for you, but I feel you are better off not working for people who have their heads up their arses.You'll find something more suited to your needs, and less stress. There is a reason this happened!Thinking good thoughts for you and David!
You poor thing! I say quit and hit the streets for some of the good money. :-P
Debbie, Where are you? Did you work yesterday? Are you at work today? Is it getting any better? So many questions.....
That's insane!Thinking of you...
You're gonna find something better, more fun, and shorter hours!! I just know it!!!! (HUGS)
Where are you - not working I hope!Hope things are better for you today.Let us hear from you soon.
Post a Comment