Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Situation Seems To Be Improving...

Well howdy ya'll...

Yes, I went to the lake. Rooster and I went alone and did chores and floated in the pool. No jet skiing until next weekend. Saving a little gas money. We enjoyed ourselves and went out to dinner and got a few things done. Raking and pressure washing was accomplished. The guy across from me was pretttyyyy friendly and I may have to shoot him down. Not my type. He did burn up my leaves though and I thank him for that. We had a gosh awful storm Saturday night that seem to have no end...just waves. It's kind of impossible to get away from windows in a camper, so I took a Xanax, prayed, and was out like a light.

I actually got off at 1:00 today. Yes, 5 hours. Of course I told her I had to go get truck fixed which was the truth. I think I need a new compressor. The A/C, which I had freon put in awhile ago, is leaking. They'll call later with the $$ damage.

Ms. O seems to be friendlier this week. I think Management is re-evaluating the number of employees we need at this location. Shit's just not getting done right. Commissary Lady is doing her part (patting self on back) but there's too much to be done for the other two to handle. I think this week we may see more improvement. I had to deliver to part of the "dangerous criminals" floor today and I'll be damned if they weren't nicer! I think they may be medicated. Whatever, I was EXTREMELY extra nice to them, just in case.

Fay, the Hurricane/Tropical Storm, can't decide where it's going, is on my mind because of Michelle at Shay's Mom. I will keep her in my prayers and I hope you all will too. She has a foreign exchange student who I'm sure has never been through one!

House is falling apart and I mowed the high grass and it looks like crap and I just really don't mind at all. The Olympics are far more important than anything else I should be doing and I'm honoring my country by sitting in my recliner and supporting them. Ya'll agree with that don't you? If not, YOU are welcome to mow and clean for me LOL! I'm going to try and post more often...I promise :) sorta.

14 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Well I was starting to worry about you. I want you to give the friendly guy a chance...you never know....And support your country! Stay in that recliner!

Lisa J said...

Glad you had a good relaxing time at the lake AND got things done. That is a bonus! Also glad to hear that things are settling down at work. Keep that guard up. Yeah, I have been worried about Michelle too, boy won't that be a thing to write home about...Mom, Dad, arrived safely in the United States. But hurricane coming my way. Don't worry, I will tie myself to the bed so not to be blown away!!! Yes, that will reassure her parents!!!!My little charge is right here in the other chair beside me while I am on the computer. She is not sleeping much today, but gets tired of being held. She is a sweetie, and sure does make my day go fast!!! Glad things are going better for you, I just knew they would!! Three cheers for you.

Brenda said...

Lake time and TV time for Olympic should come first, yep, for sure!

Michelle said...

I am so glad to hear from you. I have been checking on you daily. Why no jet ski this weekend? Yes, I have been glued to the TV with the Olympics as well. That Michael Phelps is a machine!I am glad they let you leave at 1pm today. Maybe if this keeps up you will be able to blog more often.Thanks for thinking of me. They have closed the schools for tomorrow but we still have to come to work. I can take off but it will count as vaction and I don't have any vacation time built up. Will have to play it by ear.Gotta get some work done. Later friend.

Putz said...

is fay gay?

kim-d said...

Gosh, I'm glad to hear from you! And even more glad that you got past the dangerous criminals and got out with life and life intact after only five hours. I've missed you so much, but am so glad you've been getting away to the lake! And also glad that you're tending to your patriotic duties with the Olympics. The only way I could suggest you could improve the situation is, if you take a laptop to the recliner with you and visit all your blogger friends as you support your country. **cue Stars & Stripes music.**And I know what you mean about the friendly guy. Is it sort of like this...he could be the friendliest, nicest, sweetest guy on earth and even fairly decent looking, etc., and he still wouldn't be your type? That's the way I am...it's not about them, it's about us. And not being in the place for friendly guys. Is it sorta like that? Of course, I don't know any friendly guys. The ONE sorta hot one at work turned out to be a wuss who will no longer even look at me, and all I did was say two little sentences. He's nowhere near not enough to make up for THAT kind of weakness. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

kim-d said...

That's supposed to be that I'm glad you got out with "life and LIMB" intact, but "life and life" works in some cases, too :)!

kim-d said...

And **hot** enough. He's nowhere near HOT enough. Oh for pete's sake, who taught me to type anyway.

Sally said...

Yes, indeedy, you must do your civic duty in that thar recliner!! I wholeheartedly agree!! Glad the real bad guys were nice to you!Take care!

claudia said...

Glad you made it to the lake, even if it was just for chores and (some) relaxing. I think it's a chore day at the lake is better than a regular day at work.If I could just win the lottery, I could make it to my lake. My dad is even having to buy a small truck so he can afford to go up there! That really scares me, if he is starting to not afford it, I am in deep poo-poo.Friendly guys scare me. I like it when they wave from their side of the place and keep on a walking...nuff said.A regular shift at workk Woohoo! That could end up being totally awesome.I am doing my patriotic thing and believing in everyone else's rights to watch what they want on TV. Call me weird, I am just not into the Olympics. Although I like hearing about the sucesses later form everyone who did watch...yep, weird.

Kimmy said...

I've been staying up late to watch the Olympics too!Kimmy

Tonjia said...

welcome back! we missed you! I know its a hassle to try to do the blogging thing and the work thing, check your email. I sent you my secret. LOLsounds like a great weekend, so what does the friendly guy look like? I am watching the olympics too, go USA! I am also watching that darned tropical storm, and thinking of Michelle. have a great week at work, keep those prisoners in line..

Carletta said...

I was thinking the same thing - give the friendly guy just a chance. We don't have to talk long term commitment you know!Sounds like work is better - I'm so glad for you.I wouldn't miss the Olympics for anything! I like how you put it - supporting your country - I'm stealing that excuse! :)

Patti said...

Dangerous criminals? Creepy...I am glad you are relaxing a bit at the lake. Who is Rooster? That is my husbands nickname too. Have fun!Patti