A friend of mine, leisurely sits in her office and orders her groceries on line. She then drives up after work and someone loads them into her car. When she arrives home, more than likely her hubby runs down and grabs the bags and brings them up to her kitchen. By the time I get home, I feel like I have handled the damn things a million times. I'm sick of them, not hungry and wonder why in the hell it cost so much.
I do not mind the casual walk down the aisles hunting for bargains. I can even ignore the people who feel like the entire aisle belongs to them and I should go around and come back on the other side. I do not mind loading them onto the rolling counter. That's where my love ends and I want to leave. Let someone else pay, haul, lug, put away, cook and serve. Walmart is even worse. You have to take the bags off the bag holder and put them in your cart. Don't even mention the "scan your own aisle" to me when I have groceries. I don't care to PLAY with the items, as in hide and seek with your cleverly hidden barcodes which require gymnastic skills to achieve scanning success. I just want out of the damn store!Back in the days when I had a hubby, he would get up and bring the groceries in. I didn't even have to ask. Thank you for that. I do not feel that anyone hauling the groceries in should HAVE to ask for help. Do not holler out "Do you need help with that?" Just get off your ass and come grab a bag. Do not sit them all on the floor in the kitchen and on the counter. You know where to find them when you're hungry. They go back in the same place, silly person. If there is no room for some reason, make room. Don't stand there and look like you've just arrived from Mars. Shove, rearrange or relocate.
I just came in from the store and immediately said "David, help with the groceries, please." "Okay Mom, right at the next commercial." I swear, if it had been commercial free for the evening, the groceries would have stayed in the garage. He brought them all up and I told him I was going to LET him put them away. He chuckled, but he put them away and I thank him for that!
Reese Witherspoon even looks like I feel...
How do you all shop for groceries? Do you enjoy it? Hate it? I can almost guess.

13 comments:
Dear friends: I've had this song in my head since Saturday night and I thought I'd share...Driving me friggin crazy here!
Now see, I don't mind the shopping part, but dealing with the people who try to run me over; I agree with and the cashiers or bagger who don't pay attention & put frozen stuff on top of the bread or eggs. aargghh The one thing I have learned over the years is not to go when I'm hungry 'cause I end up with enough to feed a family of six and I'm one most of the time.I do feel for you though, I mean now you've got a job, and you're probably tired when you go!I loved the post though!! :)
Hoochie Koo!! Always loved that song. Brings back some good memories.I stop at the store on the way home from work. If I get home I don't wanat to go out again. That means that by the time I actually get home it is 6 or later. Then put things away (Anna helps), make dinner and eat and now it is 7:30 or later. Clean up the dishes, take the dogs for a walk and now it is 8:30. Shower time and finally I get to sit on my ars with the laptop in front of the TV. In 30 minutes I will go to bed and start the day all over again.
I figure, by the time they're in a cupboard, I've already handled the grocery items 6 times. I hate buying groceries, hate it, hate it.
I effing hate grocery shopping! No, really! I wish I could have someone else do that all for me and then pay for them too. In my case (as in yours I bet) I go to work and make the money. Then I take the money and buy the groceries, I bring them in the house, put them away. THEN I pull them out of their hiding places and cook them, at which point I have help...there is always someone around to EAT the freakin' groceries. And finally, I get to put everything away and most likely wash the dishes. So I have the nourishment to go back to work, to make the money, to buy...you get the picture. I keep wanting to pull the little red hen on these girls...you remember the story?
I dont mind buying groceries or even putting them up but I hate bringing them in from the car!!!I also hate shopping at Walmart I only go there when I have to...
Just did the grocery thing today. Didn't have the baby this morning so I thought I had better make good use of my time and run to the store. $200+ later got home and then had to carry them all into the house. I put most of them away and the rest can sit there, I don't care. I HATE putting them away. My hubby was not home or he would have helped. But I noticed this evening they are still sitting around for the most part. I guess tomorrow I will put the rest of them away. Kitchen is too small to leave them out.I LOVE THIS SONG !!!! It is putting me in such a good mood... I Love it!!!!
Grocery shopping - that's what you call it - I call it torture! Hate it...When I finally get home I put away the refrigerated things and get to the rest a little later. I think I hate it more now since I'm in the country. I could run to the store or drop by on the way home so a few at a time wasn't bad. A week's worth is a mountain of UGH!
That was so true. But I don't understand why you don't let the grocery fairies do it for you. I am convinced that's what my family thinks takes care of ours...gah. I miss you! How's it going?
Used to love it but now on Atkins I HATE FOOD SHOPPING!! I can't eat anything I want so shopping NEAR it all just sucks!!Hallie
Used to love it but now on Atkins I HATE FOOD SHOPPING!! I can't eat anything I want so shopping NEAR it all just sucks!!Hallie
DH and I do the shopping together now that we are both retired. (There were times when I did most of it and times when he did most of it.) I hate the waiting in line part, lugging them out to the truck, lugging them into the house, and then putting away. I want to sit down and rest by it is all said and done, LOL. Thankfully, DH is a BIG help!
Absolutely HATE IT. Load the cart, put it on the counter, help bag boy pqck it so i don't get squished bread, bring my own recycled bags, push to the car,load car. Dive to store to store , to sore, shop for bargains.Repeat scan/load and put in car sequence. Drive home, unload, unload, unload....put only cold and frozen away, sit down for an ice tea. Put the rest away as dinner is cooked, carry to pantry or downstairs shelves as I go for laundry in basement.(combine trips and chores) Leave some in bags, no room in pantry, needs a reorganization job. Dread the phrase, "there is nothing to eat in the house" Go out to dinner on weekends, too tired to cook after hauling all the groceries.
Post a Comment