Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Few Lake Shots From Last Weekend...

One LONG crazy boat ramp/walkway. This epitomizes last weekend at the lake. I was running to and fro from the religious families to the drunk ones. Theirs and mine. Campground cops and beer thirsty relatives just about drove me to the edge of insanity or physical abuse.

These are the Wildlife Lake Cops. I stayed behind them until they were out of my sight.

Reflections 101 and me bored going through the "no wake" zone.

I went out for a ride by myself to escape from the drama and took photos. When we camped here when David was small, there was only one house on this hill. This is to the left of the crazy boat ramp.

I had no idea the jet ski coming was from the campground and the riders are staying with future SIL. It was not until they got up close and I said jokingly to strangers "May I take a picture"? that I realized who they were. I was out alone...in my own world and may I say...enjoying the hell out of it.

I'd like to say I've been lying about camping and this is really my weekend retreat, but you wouldn't believe it any way. This is a point we head to when riding out in one bigger part of the lake. We are no where near the really HUGE million dollar homes. I'll get there one day. Maybe when gas is $2.00 per gallon again.

This is looking toward pool from our little itty bitty tiny camper.

The camper (for sale) you see is to the left of me and I pass through this to get to clothesline. Notice the piece of wood? I have, but David pointed out the OTHER side of it this weekend.

Something for us all to ponder...WTH?

9 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I SOOOOOOOO want to live in that big white house! WOW!! Now that's MY idea of camping!!Hallie :)

Sally said...

I'd be happy camping; to heck with the big houses!! It's beautiful there, no wonder you love it so much. Fantastic pictures!!

Brenda said...

Oh yeah, the big house would make me a happy camper for sure! Great photos!

Lisa J said...

Man, those are great pictures, makes me wish I was there with ya!What do you think about the piece of wood? Was it stuck between two branches and then grew into the tree? or did a big ole tornado come through and put it there?I just love that song you play with this posting!!!!

Michelle said...

So, when are you inviting the blogging girls out to the lake? I can speak for us all when I say we want to come out there. Just tell us when and how to get there. Maybe I need to rent another jetski too.

Carletta said...

Great pics Debbie!It looks like you had wonderful weather - those skies are gorgeous.So, at some time did a hurricane shoot that board through that tree!I bet that big white house we see IS a million!

Just Joni said...

looks like you had some well deserved fun! that piece of wood in the tree is very puzzling...

Mental P Mama said...

LOL. Which families did you end up spending the most time with? The religious ones or the drunk ones? Love your pics! And that wood is fantastic...

claudia said...

I have seen trees grow around wire fencing, so I'm wondering if someone had nailed something up YEARS ago and the tree grew around it. Would that be possible? I dunno!