Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

What Kind Of Duck Is This?

Good Monday morning everyone....No drama at the lake this weekend, thank goodness. We did break one RULE by sneaking one of David's friends in and he parked in violation on the site beside of us with the camper that has been for sale for two years with no occupants. Good grief!
I'm tired, sore and yes, Lisa, sunburned. We rode the jet skis quite a bit Saturday because it was just too hot to stay out of the water. A good time was had by all. The only sad part is they run on GAS and they seem to need quite a bit of it....
Today is the day David would be leaving for the Air Force if he were still going in. I'm ecstatic that he changed his mind and I know this decision was meant to be. A manager he worked with at the hospital has relocated and wants to bring him down to help him. It would be big promotion to a supervisory position with outstanding opportunity for growth. He would move about an hour and a half away, but this would really be good for him and I'm very proud of the boy!
What will be will be. What won't be is this post aligned left. Blogger is being bad today and won't let me adjust the margins. Oh, by the way, does anyone know what kind of duck this is? I took this picture last week at the lake, but saw him again this weekend. Any ideas?

14 comments:

kim-d said...

Actually, I think your non-left-aligned post looks kind of nice; it's almost like you prettied-up your post to better showcase your pretty, but odd, duck. BWAHAHAHA! I'm glad you had such a nice, drama-free weekend. That whole jet-ski experience seems to me like it would be an extremely fun one. Unfortunately, also one in which I could cause myself great bodily damage, so I've never done it :).Wow, good for David! His awesomeness has obviously not escaped some of the right people. If he chooses to accept this new position, a 1-1/2 hour drive is totally doable. Much better than the alternative, huh? I'm wondering, though, what about his woman friend????? HA!Have a great week, Deb.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I suppose telling you it's OBVIOUSLY a duck with a red face is NOT helpful?Hallie

Mental P Mama said...

That is the elusive red-headed duck. Actually I have no idea. Yay for David. I am thrileed with how things are working out!

claudia said...

Wow! Cool! Drama-free lake. That's very nice!Someone should invent solar powered Jet skis. I mean, they are used primarily in the sun and that would be so eco-friendly.Sounds like a great opportunity for David. An hour and a half is not bad. At least it's not half way around the world or even in another state.

claudia said...

On the duck type...Maybe Muscovey?

Michelle said...

Since you are located in North Carolina I would guess it is a "Red Headed Step Child of the Mallard". HA HA HA HA HAHappy to hear you had a good time at the lake. Sorry to hear that you have to buy so much gas to have so much fun.I filled up on Friday and then on Saturday Hubby and I drove out to Disney World. Gas was so much cheaper at the DW Gas Station I had to fill it up before we came home. Gotta buy when it is cheap!!I am very busy at work (STILL) and trying to get things ready so I can go to Houston on Wed with a free mind. I do have a post to make so I will try to get to that.Later

Sally said...

Oh, that duck is a - wait a minute - it's a - hold on - a - never mind; I don't have a clue, but it is pretty!Glad you all had a good time at the lake, and it sounds as though your son is making wise decisions!Have a happy day!

Carletta said...

No drama - just good ole fun - good for you!It's nice to hear that things sound very promising for David. I'm so glad it has worked out for the better.The duck - it is colored like a muscovy; but I would have thought you would be too far north for them. Be sure to let us know what you find out.

Tonjia said...

I dont have a clue about the duck but I am more than THRILLED that David decided against the Air Force.It sounds like he has really found his niche and he is loving life.welcome home, I missed you while you were gone.

Patti said...

I was thinking of you today and how sad you must be to see David leaving . I am so happy to hear that he is not leaving! That is just Ducky....get it?HugsPatti

foolery said...

Hi Debbie!When I saw the duck the first name that popped into my head was "red-headed merganser." I truly have no idea where that came from or if it is even a duck.I thought muscovy ducks were white?Glad to hear that you and David are on the same page with his current career choices. Somehow I breathed easier, and I've never met your young man. Congrats to him on a new career launch!Gotta go floss -- AGAIN -- after a lunch of almonds and meat. Yeah, at least it wasn't onions. :)Your friend (AARRRR),Laurie @ Foolery

MamaMo said...

Wanted to comment on the post above this one (it was fun, and I'll probably steal that idea sometime), but noticed you had "8" comments, and I didn't want to be the one to ruin that!!

TSannie said...

I bet it's a muscovy duck! And I'm so happy for you David made the choice he did! Hurrah!

Putz said...

people can change therier minds, your son can change his mind