Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Sky Watch Friday!

North Carolina red clay at it's finest...
More storms on the way and this red dirt will make it's way down to....
Yes, you guessed it. My own little Red River in my yard!
Please visit Wom Tigley for more SWF photos!
(I'll be at the lake this weekend, but will visit SWF friends on Sunday evening!)

19 comments:

kim-d said...

Hey Deb...just a quick hi to let you know I'm thinking of ya! Slowly but surely getting my wits about me, so it shouldn't be too much longer until I'm not so scarce around the blogosphere, so hang in there with me, 'k? HA!

Picturing of Life said...

nice sky...in our place also the weather is not too nice for summer :D lots of wind & rainy, etcVisit mine also in here Thanks

Mental P Mama said...

Great shot. Love that red dirt. Now I'm gonna be singing Emmy Lou Harris' Red Dirt Girl all day. Could be worse! Are you going to lake it this weekend???

Pretty Life Online said...

nice catch for SWF! mine's up too hope you can drop by... Happy weekednd!

JFargo said...

That red clay is really vibrant. We used to have a bunch of boring old brown clay back in central New York, nothing quite as bright and colorful.Love the one lump of cloud just sitting there, waiting to strike.

Lisa J said...

Oh NO you didn't!!!! You did NOT say you were going back to the lake this weekend did you??? With out me?? I don't get this. I thought we were better friends than that. And let me tell you, I need a vacation! These kids are wearing me down...wouldn't have it any other way. Have a GREAT weekend.

TSannie said...

My son played baseball at Elon - it was a full time job trying to get the red out of their white uniforms. Thank GOD I didn't have to do it!Neat SWF - love that cloud coming up over the road.

Old Wom Tigley said...

Unfortunately Tom is on bed rest today and for the first time you are stuck with me. I have my orders to visit as many as I can, and make sure the links are working and everyone is being good. I am sure you are all being good.Tom and I thank you for Sky-Watching this week. I am sure that as soon as Tom's heart beat settles down he will be back here and visiting.JANE

Just Joni said...

Love the picture and that rain looks really good to me right now...it has been so HOT here...maybe I should go to the lake!have fun dear friend ~

eyestothesky said...

hey Debbie< Happy sky watch! I just want to let you know I love your letter to Barrak I agree with you 100%! Glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks english should be the norm. If you go down south florida you cant even order a burgar with out knowing spanish.Have a great weekend!Jess

claudia said...

I left you a Heehah! on your Jult 10th post. I just couldn't read it without making some kind of noise! Love the red dirt by the way...ahem...does it get into EVERYTHING?!?

Jane Marie said...

Lots of color contrast. I hope your weather clears up soon.

Tonjia said...

well going to the lake is a tough job but someone has to do it, right?? LOLOL enjoy, I hope you have David take some pics of you on the jet ski!cool pic! thats an awesome thunderhead building..

Carletta said...

The wearing of white tennis shoes is NOT advised!Hope you're having fun at the lake.

esnorway said...

Nice shoots have nice weekend

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Mustang Sally my kinda song! Love it. It has been storming here today. Hope you have a good weekend. xoxo Nita

Lanny said...

Oh how I love NC!! I'm sure you're not in love with the red clay right now though.Have a great weekend!

Flea said...

What the heck? I'm getting tons of rain here in Tulsa. You're getting rain in NC. Why isn't Georgia getting any? Can we send them some?

Putz said...

hey i.m sure that is my wife's car there in the rain with her headlights on she has been there three days and i regonize that pile of coal near the road