Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Monday, July 7, 2008

Well...howdy! Lake Part One...

Yes'm we had us a good weekend at the lake in spite of the many obstacles! My brother, Sharon and Jared came up Friday and are welcome back every weekend if they like! Especially Sharon, who must be the most organized woman I know. If I didn't have it, she did and came well prepared! Plus, when I came down from visiting my BF she had cleaned up everything and left me with almost nothing to take care of! And she likes to cook too! How lucky am I? Thank you Sharon :)

I thought of all you guys while I was there of course, and wished I had a working laptop a few times. People who don't blog don't understand when you belt out "Oh, they're wiener dogs, I have to take a picture for Hallie!" When you try to explain who Hallie is, it comes out sounding like you have an imaginary friend! I did tell the group yesterday about my blogging buddies, but I don't think they quite understand LOL!

I have never seen long haired wieners before and I was hooked on these little babies! One's name is Scooter and the other is Truffles, and that name was too long, so they call her something else that I cannot remember! I'm just trying to remember the human names at this point :)

I met Gerry on the 4th but yesterday she and her hubby Sandy came over to Rooster's (BF) camper to come and get their friendly pups who decided to visit first and we talked forever, and although it was great conversation with a delightful couple, we missed out on riding jet ski's yesterday because shortly thereafter, a bad storm came up with a tornado warning which had me running around looney with the NOAA weather radio while heading to the nearest concrete bathhouse. Let me say, I was the only one doing this? Thank goodness "rotation dissipated" within about 30 minutes. We ended up getting the toys out of the lake in the rain. I tried to take a short ride but rain pelting on your face going 35 mph was not my idea of a spa treatment!

There was much more drama which I'll share with you tomorrow, but I have many, many, many posts to read ((HUGS)) and I feel friggin disoriented from being away only 4 days! This is telling me I should definitely get out more often! I think I'm suffering from culture shock which is absolutely ridiculous. Of course, David mentioned going up today and I was ready to hop in and go back. I even considered staying up there this week alone! Is Friday here yet?

13 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Hi, my name is Hallie and I'm your imaginary friend!! LOVE IT!! I've always wanted to be someone's imaginary friend!! (brw, imaginary friends would still like gifts of PRADA!)Love the pups. Our neighbor has a long haired named Lucy. She has a wonderful tempermant!!Hallie :)

claudia said...

Boy, if I had the option, I would be living at the lake for the summer. Sounds like a great time to me, tornado warning and all. Of course I can say that from the safety of my front room and all, I would have been totally freaked out there! Can't wait to hear more adventures from the lake...I apparently am living vicariously through you this week! (I gotta get a life)

kimmy said...

I think weiners dogs are cute with long or short hair!Sorry the boat didn't start, but at least you got to see the fireworks. Talk soon!Kimmy

may-b said...

I love those dogs! How cute. Glad you had a good time.

Donna said...

LOL!!! You're SO Right! People look at you like you've lost your mind!! They Don't know what they're missing, do they!! I'm so glad to have found all my sweet friends while blogging...happy day sweetie!hughugs

Mental P Mama said...

I would totally opt to stay at the lake. But you gotta find yourself some wifi over there. Just a thought;)

kim-d said...

Whatchu thinkin', Girl? Get back to the lake. I wanna go to your lake, too. With Sharon :)! Everybody needs an organized person at the lake; that way people don't drown. BWAHAHAHAHA! Hey, how is David's lady friend doing? Just wondering. And I love those long-haired wieners; FANCY WIENERS, if you will--HA! People who don't blog should; imaginary friends are wonderful :).

BerryBird said...

Oh, my. Cute doggy! I think I might be tempted to give it a haircut in this heat, though, poor thing.

Tonjia said...

arent those little long haired wieners adorable! My Frankies brother was a long hair. I am so glad you guys had a blast at the lake, even though you almost had to take shelter in a concrete toilet.welcome home, someday we will all have to come to NC and have a "bloggers reunion" (hint hint)BTW tell David something for me, those people with overdoses and self inflicted injuries have made a choice, and even though it was a bad one it was theirs to make. we call it "natural selection" ;-)

Alias Liz Jones said...

Well I absolutely love to jet ski. What a bummer that you didn't get to go! I hate to tell you about my weekend on the lake....I got to go jet skiing! Sorry, but I thought I would comment on our common interest regarding jet skiing. Glad the the brunt of the storm missed you.Have a great week.Alias Liz

Lanny said...

LOL! People who don't blog just don't get it! I've got a NOAA radio by my bed. I curse it when it goes off in the middle of the night, but I'm like you. I listen!

Carletta said...

It's after one in the morning and I'm just checking today's posts.I am so glad you had so much fun - you "sound" great!!! Can hardly wait to hear more. I will get here earlier tomorrow!

Carletta said...

Hi Debbie,I tagged you for a song meme; but it's only if you want to play. Come see.