Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thursday at the Lake Part Two...

I was pretty darn excited when I left for the lake on Thursday. I wanted to go the quickest route possible to get there. The golf cart fixer guy had called and said he was going to deliver it to the campground after lunch and I had planned on going by there to pay him on my way, when I got the brilliant (duh) idea that I could pay him when he got to the camper and saving me time spent in heavy traffic. That's fine, he said and I'll see you after lunch.

When the hell is your lunch? I wondered from 1 until 6 p.m. as I walked from camper to pool to Rooster's and back, over and over. She got her jet ski's in and rode and I couldn't! I had to wait. Called and called and kept getting their voice mail. Where in the hell is are you? It's a three day weekend, come on already!

Finally, about 6:15 he called and said he was in the parking lot and could I meet him up there because he was driving a big rig and there were cars parked everywhere. What's one more little walk at this point? He gave me instructions on maintaining the batteries, I paid him and off I went, smiling and feeling the breeze cooling the sweat off my face. Finally....

After one trip down to the lake and then over to Rooster's, we began trying to decide where to go for dinner. Crucial road not taken moment here. If we went to that place we would drive the real cars and if we went to this place we could drive golf carts. We chose the latter and pigged out to the point of OMG I need to walk back. They drove the golf carts and Rooster and I had a very slow, why did I eat so much, walk back.

WTF? Sheriff Live at the Lake and Teddy the Enforcer were at the gate scowling and had my golf cart and riders held hostage. "Where's your sticker?" "Do you have proof of insurance?" "You have to park your golf cart". "If I see you riding it, I'll give you a $50 fine on the spot." Whoa guys, I haven't even burped yet! I'll call the insurance company and we'll get this straight. PARK IT! I mean we're talking as if he caught me drinking and driving 100 mph through a rock concert in the park. Okay, I'm getting pissed, now. We get back to the camper and I call Geico. They tell me it will take 24 to 48 hours to process from the time I called on Wednesday to fax proof to the office. No proof. No sticker. No ride!

To make this post shorter since I know this is not important in the big scheme of things...after calling and begging and walking thru Target (still bloated) they faxed a "cheat" to the office. Now you just can't fax, you have to call first and tell them to switch phone to fax and then do it. Geico was extremely accommodating for a holiday weekend. When we got back, I stopped by the office and the SHERIFF, off duty and helping out headed straight for me. "This doesn't have the golf cart LISTED on this policy so no sticker. Keep it parked. And do you know you're campground fees were due July 1st? Well, hell just arrest me and take me to jail since today is July 3rd and I've just barely gotten unpacked Officer Jerk. I told him I was planning to pay this weekend and he said what was wrong with today, was I too busy? Okay ASSHOLE. I drove TRUCK back to the office with my money and practically ran over him and one of the owner's on their way back in the office. I said I better pay before you guys kick me out. Awww, we wouldn't do that. Don't smile at me and take your money and shove it you greedy people, don't you know this is a holiday and we're supposed to have fun?

Keep in mind, this was still Thursday and only about 10 hours after I left the house smiling with excitement about going to the lake.....

11 comments:

claudia said...

What a bunch of jerks! Or a couple of jerks! That guy must have not got...oh, I won't go there. I always thought the people who were at lake parks, resorts, etc., were more laid back and all. I hope you didn't let it ruin your weekend! Except for the golf cart part.

Tonjia said...

OK who peed in his cheerios??? The next time you go down you should wave your sticker in his face!Its people like that who ruin weekends for people. Sorry you had the hassles, it should be clear sailing from here on out, right?

Mental P Mama said...

Good grief. I don't feel so cranky now.

Lisa J said...

Oh, I am sorry you had to deal with idiots right off from the get go. Puts a damper on the fun doesn't it. Some people can be such jerks and it seems you just met up with some of them. so the golf cart had to park and stay parked?? I think I would look into that and see if they really can enforce that. Good grief. (see, that is what you get for leaving me behind here at home! Next time you will take me to run interference for you!!!) Plus the good karma!

claudia said...

The Wii is a video game type of thingy that you have to get up off your duff to play. None of this fit thumbs thing that kids have. Everything could eventually get excersized! There's a Wii Fit that weighs you, does all the BMI, or BFI OR BFD that the government keeps talking about that we have to watch to know that we are the size and weight we are supposed to be. N E WAY then you excersize with your TV and Wii! It is so cool! I decided that I would do this since I will be in my living room (with the drapes drawn). No one will be watching the blubber on me bounce around while I'm gettin' rid of it! Just go to Wii.com and it will show you all the fun stuff!

Michelle said...

WOW, Sounds like your weekend did not start off on the right foot. Did they ever let you drive your cart to your own site? I agree, who p*s*ed in his wheaties?

Putz said...

own your own special lake and you won't have that problem, in fact when u sid you were going to THE LAKE i thought you did own it

Carletta said...

Whoa bummer!I'm so glad I have five acres to drive my golf cart on! I would have probably been given a ticket at least for disorderly conduct cause I would have went off!

Lanny said...

Wow! Wonder if he's trying to make up for smaller insecurities, kwim? What an annoying little parasite!

Treasure Barn said...

What a bunch of crap! Sounds like he is one that likes to throw his weight around especially with women. That is probably because he really a weasel with a tiny weinne !Hope you had fun in spite of that jerk.Thanks for stopping by my blog. DOn't stay away so long...I miss you when you are not there!Thanks for the compliment on our sidewalk. Yeah, my husband does such good work that when the contractor came out to tear out our old porch he actually offered him a job calculating and estimating jobs for him. Then the company that put our new gutters in offered him a job too. Darn! wish he would go to work now ! Ha ha. Yes you can hire him. That would get him out of my hair for a few hours.HugsPatti

Ok, Where Was I? said...

Holy crap; it's just a golf cart. Sounds like Barney Fife.