Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fred Goes Swimming

WARNING! Please turn off my playlist before watching or you'll lose your mind!

Fred Goes Swimming

According to Google Blogscoped this video has over 2.7 million views on YouTube and over 23.000 comments. It’s by YouTube sensation Fred, 14-year old Lucas Cruikshank’s fictional 6-year old with “anger management issues”, as his channel explains – and this is by far not his most popular video. Some of his other videos, done in a high-pitched voice, fast cuts, and about lots of teen problems, are titled “Fred Gets Bullied”, “Fred Loses His Meds”, “Fred Goes to the Dentist”, and “Fred on Christmas”. Adding up the views of his 17 videos, I’m getting the result 45,012,257. The LA Times covers Fred, writing: That an act with millions of fans could escape the popular attention is more evidence of the digital fissuring of our culture. As we ensconce ourselves ever further in our respective demographics, personal and professional, we continue to drift apart from the people right next to us, until even an iceberg holding 4 million tweens can float by unnoticed.Not that we should’ve noticed. If you’re past a certain age, Fred’s appeal is essentially inscrutable. “They just think he’s the funniest thing ever,” said Valerie Moizel of the L.A.-based WOO ad agency, which found out about Fred after it conducted kid-centered focus groups for its ZipIt instant messaging product – which later showed up in Fred’s videos. “We watched them watch him – they fall on the floor hysterically laughing. They’re just mesmerized."

This is the only one I've watched so far. It has me wondering about his Mom and what mental facility she's currently residing in.

The lake: not sure if I'm leaving this evening or in the morning. I do know later today I will be packed and ready! I want to wish all of you a very Happy Fourth of July and hope you have a fun and safe holiday with a special note to Lisa to be careful with all those fireworks!

13 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

That was so annoying. My transformation to cranky old lady is nearing completion. Have a wonderful 4th!

Lisa J said...

Ok, I thought it was too funny. I have laughed pretty hard at that one. Sorry MpM, I didn't find it annoying at all, infact started my morning off pretty good. I am going to try and find the rest.And this motorcycle song is cracking me up too. Just to see Debbie in my head riding a three wheeled motorcycle has me laughing also. Man, why am I laughing so much this morning??? I got up at 6:30 just because and I guess I am now just finding everything funny. Weird huh?Rain is in the forecast for the 4th, but it is to start in the early morning with a chance of a stray shower in the afternoon, and suppose to be cleared out by evening. So I have my fingers and toes crossed on this one. If it is a wash out, we will just shoot fireworks on the 5th!!! Hey a birthday can be a day late and America will not mind, when you are over 200 years old, what is waiting one more day for your big celebration?

Andrea said...

Oh, I have fallen in love with FRED. He is so cute. I love it. Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend.

Putz said...

i had to turn off your play list, i thought i was losing my mind, or about ready to lose my mind, just teasing, what is so wrong about your play list????it iit is real jazzy, and has a good beat...real funky...now you are debbie right and not tonija...you are the one who has been with the bears at the lake in north carolina, not near the sea shore and the one who wished my fam a good time in ashborough, i am the party pooper who is not going to do any traveling

claudia said...

That was funny! I am glad that I don't have a son like that though, I don't think I could keep up with him.Have a blast at the lake. I'll behome holding down the fort. I have to work the 4th! (Short day though) and I will be thinking about you relaxing!

Kellan said...

I've never seen this either - or heard of it!I'm also debating about when to go to the lake - meet me there?Have a good afternoon - Kellan

Tonjia said...

OK this kid needs a summer job. LOLI think he has a future in the entertainment world, I already like him more than Angelina Jolie..Have a great 4th, I will be working. Think about me :-)

Carletta said...

Somebody will find a way to make this kid a millionaire and we'll all be wondering what YouTube video we can make!Have fun at the lake and you have a safe and happy 4th of July holiday too!!

Lisa J said...

Now I have watched about six of those Fred stories and even made my husband come watch them. I think they are so funny. I don't think I would want kids to watch them, but they are funny. He is very talented and creative to say the least. OK, I have to go get work done for the 4th....first aid kit-- checkcokes--checkbrisket--checkbug spray--checkdecorations--checkdesserts---checkFIREWORKS---CHECKready to have fun---CHECKfriends???--anyone coming-- hope so

Lanny said...

Too funny!have a great time at the lake! I'm jealous!

Lisa J said...

Ok, where are you???? It is Monday morning and you have not posted. You better not still be in bed!!!! Laundry can wait too, I want to hear about your weekend that seems to be more like a frickin' week, not weekend. What is up with all you all going on vacation???? And leaving me here at home all alone? I don't get it. I thought we were becoming really good friends? Maybe I was wrong. Good friends don't just go off and leave the others behind for weeks at a time. Where are you, now get back over here and tell me all about your WONDERFUL, WELL DESERVED ESCAPE FROM THIS WORLD WEEKEND!!! Can't wait to hear that you had an awesome time. I really hope you did not get sunburned! Take care.

Mental P Mama said...

Deb--knock knock? I tagged you this morning. Oh yes I did.

Michaelabehsera21 said...

Hey whats up?My name is Mike i am from the Zipit/Fred team.Could you please contact me at michaelabehsera21@yahoo.com