
Having no idea what this week will bring, employment wise, last Thursday I purchased a new jet ski and headed to the lake early Friday. David called it an impulse buy and I called it a save my spine buy. After riding the last season on a 2-seater, I needed a bigger 3-seater to keep from re-aligning my spinal column every time I encountered rough water. The difference in the ride blew me away. Suffice it to say, I love it. Can I afford it? Hell no...
A lot of drinking drama amongst the young adults there this weekend, which I won't even discuss, because I'm still pissed off. Except for the fact, one individual is an active duty Marine, who I am seriously concerned about. His actions indicated he was in another location other than the lake and involved a great deal of anger. The others...choices and consequences. Period.
We didn't get enough sleep, I seem to have bruises everywhere from my water fun. I am going to have to get in better shape if I'm going to play on the weekend! I laughed so hard at myself especially when I disembarked from the jet ski to get on a float (hot weekend) and the bungee cord I was using to hold the float managed to hook (both hooks) on to the rear end of my bathing suit and I was literally hanging in mid-air and could not get untangled because I couldn't pull myself up and couldn't stop laughing. I am so thankful no one saw this ridiculous display of uncoordination!
I returned home and the grass looks knee high and I'm anxiously awaiting to hear about the job. I think I'm going to have culture shock when I go from the quietness of the house to a friggin jail. I'm looking forward to it, but scared shitless. I know...it will all be fine :) but I have a lot on my mind and am having to work hard to focus!
I'll leave you with another picture, titled, "How many rednecks does it take to change a sparkplug?"
15 comments:
Love it...except for the drinking drama. Those two always go hand in hand. And the sparkplug question? Priceless. Hope to see you on Thursday!;)
S, why not show us a picture of your new ride? Email me details of the drama. I have to live vicariously through you.
I can not stop laughing at the mental pictures of the hooks in your hiney keeping you afloat!!! I think I really needed a better description of that incident, because I surely have it wrong. I love the song, the picture and the fact that you threw caution to the wind and bought something for YOU. Ok, so you can't afford it. Work will come and you will enjoy the ride all the more. I envy you. We live right by Lake Keystone and should enjoy the water as well. Maybe next summer I will match you jet ski and we can compare embarrassing moments. Heaven knows there will be plenty!
All in all it sounds like a good weekend. That first picture of the lake looks so inviting!Congrats on the purchase - I'd have bought something for me too.That last photo is priceless!
Man...that picture of your lake makes me homesick for my lake and it doesn't look like I'm going to get to go anytime soon. I will just be satisfied with living vicariouly through you at your lake. Except I'd like to leave the drunken stuff out. But whatever happens, it all is in the name of fun and relaxation, right?Congrats on the new toy!
so, your own jet skis on your own personal lake, debbie.....wow ...toynta seems to have some real things going on with breanna now, doesn't she???
hey I am with Michelle, what happened with the drama? Inquiring minds need to know. LOLA NEW jet ski? woooo hooo! I need to see a pic!!Enjoy your summer Debbie, thats what summer is all about.
Wow I have been away from your blog for tooooo long! FIrst of all congratulations on your job decision. You've got more nerve than I do. Good Luck with that. It will am sure be interesting to say the least. I am sure you will have many stories to tell us.Your trip to the lake sounds like fun and your new jet ski sounds great. That is a funny story bout the hooks on your rear.You sound like a really fun person Debbie.HugsPatti
I'm glad you enjoyed your new jet ski! I've not been to the lake in over 2 weeks and plan to go up on Wednesday - can't wait and hearing about your fun weekend makes me want to leave right now.See you soon - Kellan
I'm glad you enjoyed your new jet ski! I've not been to the lake in over 2 weeks and plan to go up on Wednesday - can't wait and hearing about your fun weekend makes me want to leave right now.See you soon - Kellan
If you can't laugh at yourself, you're sunk! I'm envious you and Mental P are meeting! How very neat.
I'm pretty sure if I got anywhere near a lake all the fish would swim away in fright, and take the water with them. And that wouldn't be good for ANYONE. So really, I'm just being a good citizen. You're all welcome.
I love the photo and question. I think that's a definite category of hillbilly/redneck photo: a family looking down at some sort of project someone is working on.
YEEHAW!!! How funny! I know it wasn't funny though about the bunji, but since you laughed, I CAN TOO! hahahahaSo, do you know yet about the friggin' jail? See, you've got me all tickled here!!! hahahaHave a great day!!
I am just all in a snit over your good times at the lake; happy for you, but jealous for me! Except for that drunken shit. With a bunch of 21-year-olds who think they know everything. OY! They just don't get it; how quickly it can all go from being fun and games to something way opposite. That part, I'd want no part of!Congrats on the jet ski!!!
Post a Comment