I especially do not like to shop for bras and panties. Yes, I did care when I was younger and in the early days of marriage when it MATTERED. Come to think of it, did it even make a difference then? Do young men sit back and admire your underwear? Hell, no. They just want it to GO AWAY. Throw those silly things over there in the corner and get in the bed! Maybe it's different now with Victoria's Secret all over TV. Maybe you readers and other women out there actually walk around the house in your undies and tease your guys and husbands into oblivion. I'll admit though, on the off chance I do attract one of the male species one day, I will head to the mall.
I grew up in the days when you had to wear a sanitary napkin and BELT. Why in the name of what's great and good would I want to wear a friggin thong? I do not want to spend my day adjusting anything I am wearing so I can be comfortable. Is this lazy on my part? No. I think it's logical. I know bras serve a purpose and I know you are supposed to spend hours purchasing a "correct" bra. Maybe if I had done this in the past, they would be still be located up where they used to be. I never had to worry about this before "meno-fat". I never had any boobs to think about! If I were to lose 25 lbs. you know where the first 10 would come from? Yes, my boobs.
This post is because I had to finally break down and purchase a new bra. Yes, I still wear one when out it public. No one is looking of course, but old habits die hard. I also do not want to be bra less around any of David's friends. We're a hugging bunch and call me old, but it's just not right. Any hoo, I felt it had gotten to the point, if I WERE in an accident, the nurses and doctors would think I was pathetic to be wearing such a worn out old friend of a bra. When I find one that's comfortable, I wear the damn thing to shreds. It's clean, but has long outlived it's real purpose.
KMart. Not Victoria's Secret. Yes, in that ugly dressing room, I tried them on one after another. I didn't care if it lifted and separated or pushed up and out. I just wanted it not to make permanent indentations in my shoulders or make fat stick out any where it didn't belong, or at least not call attention to it. I managed to find two and got out of there in a hurry. What a waste of precious time! Absolutely NO ONE sees these things! But, you can bet your ass, if I am involved in an accident, even a fender bender, I'm going to rip that sucker off and show the poor individual who mistakenly came across this loon and the poor cop...MY NEW BRA and pray they don't have to see my panties!
21 comments:
I'm laughing and crying at the same time. I wear ONLY thongs and I do NOT spend my day adjusting. Get the right kind and they feel great! And I hesitate to tell you that yes, I do indeed, purchase all my stuff from VS. It fits better, I feel better and yes, at times, I even feel sexy!Mr. H likes them too. Maybe when I'm older I won't care so much - who am I kidding? Yes I will!Hallie :)
I'm aggravated ARGH...I had a photo of an old sanitary belt and can't post pictures to blogger for some reason! Hallie, I KNEW you would comment about thongs LOL! I'm probably the only old lady that doesn't wear one :)
Yeah, I'm a thong wearer too, but it's all for comfort, not sexiness. I'm pretty sure they lose their sexiness after about year two or three anyway. And I think I'm on year five.This was hilarious, and I'm right there with ya. I just did the big trip a little while ago, hated every minute of it, and now have two new bras that don't fit as well as I initially thought. Throughout the day I have to shove them back in, and I don't like when they bunch all together b/c then I get boob sweat. I don't really see any of that with Victoria's Secret.
I'd have to be shackled, tied up, knocked unconscious before I'd wear a thong!! Maybe like you, I remember the sanitary belt, YUCK!! And garter belts, girdles etc. I'd rather be caught dead with no underwear than to wear a thong. Okay, I guess I made my point. hahahahaAs for bras, you had me laughing out loud!! I feel the same way about that also. I only wear one when I have to 'cause by now I'm about hangin' to my waistline. :)
I am so with you on all points you made. OMG Did you have to remind me about those sanitary napkin belts? Geez! Welcome to womanhood girls, now go strangle yourself with this! No thankyou, I don't want no stinking thong around my butt, wait, I don't have to, I think they don't make them this big!!!LOL! As for the bras, I'd really rather they just flop in the wind, but man, it's embarrassing when they...well, I won't go there, I wear a bra and shopping for them, UGH! I agree with you. I got a pattern to make my own, now I just have to find the time!Debbie, you crack me up woman!
Man, where in the world did you find that bra in the picture?? when you get mad and throw your bras away did you not know that it would cause that much comotion? Lady that thing is huge, you should look into reduction surgery. Talk about an "over the shoulder boulder holder!!!" You got it going on there! I here you chanting now....free the girls, free the girls, free the girls, boom....watch out below!!! Hope no serious injuries were involved in your freedom march!I WILL NOT wear a thong. I am not "open minded" or "open butted" enough to try it. So I should not judge, but hey, I just don't want it. However I would lay odds that Ms Hallie has a cute little hiney and doesn't need to be held in, smooth overed and covered by bolts of cloth. When I buy them unmentionables, I buy in bulk!!!! Then make them last for years.
Ok, I came back to reply to your comment, but now I feel like I have to explain thongs. I don't have a tiny hiney like I'm sure Hallie does, but that's just why I like them. I'd rather have a little riding up than a huge wad of hanes her way. In response to your comment: I'm sure Martha has Victoria herself make them. She's probably in some sweatshop right now toiling away for pennies.
I have realized that there are two kinds of women... those who wear thongs and those who dont.I am in the second group. Too many memories of those old Kotex sanitary belts. UGGGGGGG... (I am shivering here) I think mine was a "hand me down" from one of my sisters too. horrible, just horrible!As for unmentionables, to each his own. Mine are pretty too, but not from VS.
I think as men get older they enjoy the unmentionables view more and more. When we get tired of buying them. I recently bought a new bra and it was nearly traumatic. I went to a specialty bra shop (The Bust Stop) and was measured (when on earth did I become a 40F?!?). I must wear a bra. No choice. I think it would kill my back to do otherwise.Here's hoping you're in an accident soon so you can show off your new lovelies! ;D
I'm neutral on thongs. However, I'm for no undies either way. I own 3 pair and have no idea where they are at the moment. I might kill someone by poking their eyeballs out and hammering their brain to smithereens if I were to go without a bra though! Debbie, you should've bought every single bra in that size. That's what I do when I find something comfy. Can't hurt to own 1,489 of the same item. One thing I can't abide by, and flabbergasts and disgusts me, IS THONG PANTYLINERS! OMG. I think I just died thinking about those things. Talk about sickening. SICKOS. Yes, you are if you wear those. SICKO!And yeah, no Debbie--didn't design my own blog. If I had it'd look like a giant booger! LIKE MY HUSBAND! And I misread your comment and thought you were talking about your husband and your boyfriend being at the lake...I was all "KINKY!!!!" ;-)
I'm right there with you on the horrors of shopping. I swear the dressing rooms are always 20 degrees warmer than the rest of the store. Ugh. I have never worn a thong or a belted sanitary napkin either, but I see very little appeal. Why would I want to floss my butt? To each their own, of course, but personally, I am not eager to try one.
I think our bras may be in contention for the raggiest. Mine's pretty bad.
Debbie, I have laughed myself silly! This post is hilarious!!!Belts and thongs - too funny.
i have got something real interesting to say...my dad died 12 weeks ago, and his wife got everything, but here is the gall, she tried to get me to take my dad's underwear....now why would i ever wear my dads's underwear, even if i could , he wears 32 ...i wear 36...the gall of that woman
I feel your pain girlfriend. And I fricking love that picture!
Too funny. I'm a thong girl my self. On rare occassions. But I love bra shopping and all underwear. I think it's the years of having a sister who worked in a lingerie shop.
That was too funny! And that picture is just brilliant. I would be the happiest gal in the entire world if every single bra in the entire world suddenly went permanently missing...hate 'em!
You are so funny! You should write a book.I remember sanitary napkins and the belts that went with them. I also remember my Mother telling me to always have clean underware for the exact reason you mentioned. I might be in an accident. Bra shopping has to be the most unfavorite thing for me. I always have a hard time finding one that fits correctly. I even went to a bra event at Nordstroms once. I thought I wore a 36C...not according to the women that measured me. I am a 38D! She says the incorrect size is worn on the majority of women simply because the don't get measured correctly. She was right...my bra fits and is comfortable now.Love the picture!HugsPatti
I've been needing to go bra shopping myself. It's right up there with going to the dentist and the gynecologist, though. I love the bra advertisement I saw recently that said "try our new push up plunge bra". Push up AND plunge??? Maybe the CIA could use something like that at Gitmo. Probably be more effective than that stupid water-boarding. lolKari
BWAHAHAHAHA...I am with you 100%. And I also never met a man either who wanted to sit around and look at my LAHN-JHEA-RAAAY. Like you said, maybe it was just who I hung with but it was always more like you said--shed it and hop in, here let me help you I can do it faster. BWAHAHAHA! Also, with the thong deal, what happens if you shart? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I couldn't help it, I just hadta say that! If I had my way, I wouldn't wear any of it, but since I do I try to find something that's kinda cute, considering I'm a fat chick :).
This is so true! I wear mine until they practically fall apart too. Why do they have to be so uncomfortable? Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Post a Comment