Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

An Office Suited For Paying Bills...

An office suited for paying bills is the caption for this photo I found in Google Image because that's what I'm doing today...well not the whole day. If that was true, I best be seriously looking at my budget. Oh, that's right...I don't have one. My budget consists of paying the bills and praying I have enough left over to eat.

I was just browsing the CNN.com money site and reading what people are doing to save money on gas and food. Everyone is suffering, well not EVERYONE, but the majority of us and some a great deal more than me and so I'm very thankful. Since I have gotten older, I am happy I have a roof over my head and some food to eat. My name brands come out of Goodwill and my local Food Lion feels like an old friend who realizes and appreciates the $$ crunch. Over the years, I've gotten rid of so much "stuff" (reminded me of George Carlin) and I'm not replacing it with more STUFF.

The stress of bill paying is really sucking today because of my pending friggin golf cart battery bill. Yes, I'm shaking my head on this one. Debbie. Debbie. Debbie. My fat butt is sitting here remembering when ex and I used to WALK around the campgrounds and back then I didn't have a fat butt. See the connection? But then I'll switch my thinking back to but Debbie what else do you do for fun? Not a damn thing. So I justify the expense and keep on trucking...what else is a savings account for? Old age? Hell, we don't know what tomorrow will bring. Note to self: have son bury you in golf cart.

Back to the darn picture! Who seriously pays bills in a home office setting such as this? Um, maybe a few of you do, but I don't. I'm sitting in this dusty treadmill filled, junk room that happens to have a computer in it with notebook out and the "pile" and getting ready to head to my online banking site where I will enter the numbers and hit submit. I do have one measly sucker that I'm still putting a stamp on and mailing. It takes longer for me to get ready to do it than it does to actually do it.

Yesterday, while I was mowing the back 40, I stopped to talk to my across the street neighbor. I actually talked to 2 neighbors because it wasn't too hot out and people came outside. A truck w/trailer came by and he was hauling a pretty cool 3 wheeled motorcycle he had just purchased. Got me to thinking. It looked very stable and I've been wondering if I could actually RIDE one...you know around town and doing errands and maybe to a JOB when I get it. I've only been on one once when a teenager and really have a little fear going on here. Do I have any motorcycle mamas who read this? Would you be willing to ride one in order to save gas? I'll be damned, while searching for a photo of this bike, I found this and it's at the lake! I may go down and take this mother for a test drive this weekend! I can't afford it, but I'd at least do something wild and know if I could do it LOL!!

16 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

So much for the budget...what will you drive in the rain, or snow? Sorry, the mother in me took over for a second there. Life is short. Enjoy!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

And exactly what circumstances make you LIKE your feet being touched? (wink wink)I NEED to know!!!Hallie :)

claudia said...

I don't know...a motorcycle? E- Gads! Um, be careful, helmet, helmet, helmet. Those things scare me!

Michelle said...

I used to own (and drive) a Honda Shadow 650. I went through my mid life crisis for about a year. Then I figured I should sell it because I wasn't able to ride as much as I wanted. Lucky for me I had a friend who was going through her midlife crisis and she bought it. I would love to have a bike again. Perhaps when hubby and I actually retire we can get a couple. You should look into taking one of those classes. They provide the bikes and it will give you the chance to see if you like it.Now I need to check out Hallie because of something to do with your feet.

'That Girl' said...

I think you're talking about a trike. I have a friend who has one and so do her parents - they love them. I have a huge fear of motorcycles, but I rode one of these and it was completely different.As far as the office - if ANY room in my house looked like that I would never leave. Forget paying bills, I would hole up in there and make my husband push food through a slot in the door!

Alias Liz Jones said...

I checked out one of those little motorcycle scooter things. It's small enough to handle. It cost around 2,000. The beauty of it is that it gets around 115 mpg.The downside is that it is so small that it seemed kinda dangerous since people are still stuck with all of these SUV's.Plus, I live on country roads where people tend to drive faster.Would be great for city streets though.

Flea said...

Getting groceries home on it might be a little tricky.I pay bills from my couch, using my laptop. The bills pile up on the coffee table till the first or the 15th. Speaking of bills, we just switched from bank to credit union and i need to get off of MY fat butt and go figure out the electronic banking today.

Donna said...

Hubby & I rode Hondas back in the day....fine till I turned mine over on a gravel road....If I had to get something today?? I'd check out the Vespa.....hughugs

Putz said...

tlaking about george carlin, you ought to read ed justmylife's latest rant i swear it is vintage george carlin, and my comment is vintage putz on her blog...i hate grass, you can't eat it, you water it and it grows, and you cut it and it breaks the mower and it is not functional, grass...bills, do you know it cost me 93 dollars to fill a tank that empties in a week or less

Tonjia said...

OMG! they are selling those here too! I like having the safety of a little bit of steel around me, especially with all of the drunks we have on our streets!If you test drive one, dont forget to take a pic!

Kellan said...

I have to pick up our golf cart charger on Thursday - not sure what it is going to cost - not looking forward to that bill! ANd, I also mow our back 40 - HA!Have a good evening - Kellan

Lanny said...

What? You don't pay your bills in an office like that? Yeah, well, me either! Army has been talking about a motorcycle a lot lately. He'd do about anything to save on gas. Since I do idiotic things like walk straight into walls a little too often, I don't think one would be a good idea for me.

Lisa J said...

Pay bills?? Are you kidding me, I have everything on auto pay that is possible. I would auto feed, pee and poop if I could!!!

Putz said...

hey i just have to say i have so much of arlo guthrie, his motorcyical, and his alice's resturant, i saw him live in salt lake city, what a treat

foolery said...

Hi Debbie dear!Just stopping in to say hi. Motorcycles scare the bejeebus outta me, so I'm the wrong one to ask. :)Have a wonderful 4th, and be safe!-- Laurie @ Foolery

Jeanne said...

If I had an office like that I'd be sitting there daydreaming out the window instead of paying the bills. I've discovered the joy of paying them online too. So much easier and quick. Haven't switched them all from paper statements yet but that's next. Don't worry about your little pleasure there, it's what makes life a bit more bearable some days.