Last week, David and I were outside talking and walking around and he just randomly gave me this 4-leaf clover. He just looked down and found it. I'm sure it brought me luck with the jail job and I'd like to give it to him today because I know he is dreading his 2:30 wisdom tooth extraction. The tooth is not impacted, so hopefully it will just come on out with no problem. I never had any wisdom teeth...does that mean I have no wisdom?
He went down Monday to help a guy he's more than likely going to work for, do some painting on his house. He visited his Dad nearby, had lunch, then went back and painted till about 10 last night. Before he leaves down there, about 2 hours away, he's going to pick up some Apartment Guides to see what's available near the hospital. This whole experience will be very interesting :) The experience gained from the new position will be invaluable and I'm behind him all the way.
A couple updates: the MagicJack phone seems to be working well so far and I'm starting to use my new cell phone. Now all that's left is to cut the umbilical land line and be free of the AT&T bill. Of course, I will take that money and pay David for the cell phone. Can't catch a break can you? I do thank you kid, for giving me your old phone :)
I'm getting antsy about going to the lake this weekend. It's been hot and I hate going outside with no way to cool off. I may go down Thursday, but they are calling for storms, so we'll wait and see. With the pending job starting next week, I'm excited and a little nervous. My entire schedule is going to be changing. I know I'll adjust, but still, it's different. Things just seem to stay the same for so long and then all of a sudden EVERYTHING changes at once. Ya'll know what I mean.
My brother is in PA shooting some video until Wednesday and then this weekend they are planning on going to the Biltmore House to shoot a wedding. Neither of us can remember if we've been there before as a children. I would go with them if I didn't have other plans. It's about a 4 hour drive.

I'm heading out early this morning to get groceries before it gets too hot. It's already 76 and it's only 6:50. UGH. We almost hit 100 yesterday with high humidity. Some of you guys are feeling the heat too. But we love summer don't we?

14 comments:
How did you get that shot of me in my underwear with that squirt bottle? I love a 4-leaf clover, and good luck to David today. We got rid of 8 impacted wisdom teeth in our house this summer. It isn't too bad. Stay cool!
Keeping David and his ouchy mouth in my thoughts today!Hallie :)
You know, I've been around for a loooong time (same as you, I think - 53) and have never seen an actual 4-leaf clover, just pictures of one. That is surely a sigh of the good times to come to you now that you're starting a new job, your son is...nice! And I'm sure, with finding that 4 leafer, David's wisdom teeth extraction will be a breeze!Blue skies...
Just having teeth pulled makes me cringe, but I have really never had problems with it. David will do fine.As for that four leaf clover, cool. Never seen one before. Cool that David gave it to you.Heat?!? Yeck! Gimmee coolness any time. If it get 70 degrees or more here I am suffering. That's why Ilove my part of the California coast, it's mostly foogy throughout the summer, with occassional nice days.
Just having teeth pulled makes me cringe, but I have really never had problems with it. David will do fine.As for that four leaf clover, cool. Never seen one before. Cool that David gave it to you.Heat?!? Yeck! Gimmee coolness any time. If it get 70 degrees or more here I am suffering. That's why Ilove my part of the California coast, it's mostly foogy throughout the summer, with occassional nice days.
Yes, Deb, you have my permission to go to the dentist with David.
You don't need a four leaf clover, you are going to get this job and love it!!!! Now David on the other hand....he might need a five leaf clover! I just hate thinking of him getting those teeth taken out. Once of the worst/dummest things I ever did in my life!!!!I hope you are able to get away to the lake and just kick back. Wish I was there with you and we could just go hang out. Let everything hang out, all of me hang out. Lord knows there is a lot to hang out all over the place. That is why I don't get in a swim suit anymore. Why is age so cruel to some???? HAVE FUN! Before you have to go back to work.
I can't stand hot weather anymore. I've always loved Fall, this year I'm looking forward to it more than ever.
I smiled as soon as I saw the clover! Sweet!We used to sit in the yard as kids and look for them - once in awhile we got lucky.David's in my thoughts - wisdom teeth arent' fun coming out. Might not be impacted but he'll still need some meds.A wedding at the Biltmore - are they royalty? :) Wow.
LMAO that graphic is hysterical!Its hot here too, over 100 for the last couple of days but that is normal. good luck in your new job, I am excited to hear all about it!
Lets have a RAAT party!
So, how is David doing? And you gotta email me with your phone number now!!
I've got to get a squirt bottle! Wonder if ice cubes will fit in one? It's sooooooo hot and dry here!I'm wishing you the best of luck with your new job, may only good things come with your time there.
P.S. I see we like a lot of the same types of music.
Post a Comment