Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Yard Sale 6:00 AM...

96 Degree weather and she's in the Attic! Why? Because she waited until the day before her future SIL has her yard sale to clean some! Okay, well I was only up there about 2 hours and it was early morning. I'm counting the stair climbing and hauling all this stuff as exercise for yesterday. I'm also proud to announce those winter clothes are NOT in the computer room any more. Yeah for Debbie!

Questions of the day: Do you keep a 20 year old bowling ball, shoes and bag that your fingers won't even fit in with the hopes of fingers getting skinnier and one day you may start bowling again? Who in the hell do you think will buy said package? Selling for $5....will let you know :)

David played 27 holes of golf yesterday at Tanglewood for free. I thought he was going to be back to help me load the truck and unload on other end. What was I thinking? It wasn't a lot but it was so hot outside. Luckily on the other end, Sharon helped me out. She even had price labels all printed up for me to use. She's an organization guru...like I USED to be. Got home about 8:30 and the boy still wasn't home. I went to bed at 11:00, actually tired because I had moved my butt yesterday! David came in around 9, showered and was out the door again.

Woke up at 1:30 and then again at 2:45. Laying there, I hear David coming in and he says "You awake"? I had told him to wake me up. Jennifer was picking him up at 3 to head to Daytona. Guess he decided to do an all nighter. J had some excitement earlier with her Mom, Dad and a snake in their kitchen! I don't think David will be awake long enough to keep her company on the drive. How many times can a Mom say wear your seatbelt and I love you before the car exits the driveway? Never enough...

It's 4:30 a.m. and I told Sharon I probably wouldn't be there at 6, but shortly thereafter. Well, I couldn't go back to sleep, so I made coffee. With as hot as it will be today (98) and the fact people always show up early, I'll be there on time to help her. My brother did his part yesterday, hauling and drinking, so he won't see daylight any time soon. Anything that doesn't sell is being picked up by Salvation Army and if not by them, the neighborhood has bulk pickup trash day on Monday. It's a hoot watching people trash diving (and I've done it myself) when it's your street's turn for this once a year pickup.

I'm hoping to help her until around 10 and then I'm bringing my tired butt self back home to have cereal and take a long nap! Later this evening, I'll mow the back 40, check in with David and then settle down with a Netflix movie. My life is so exciting I'm boring myself typing. I'm sure ya'll have much better plans!

Patting self on back here for finally getting started. Accomplishment is the motivating factor once you finally get moving!!

5 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Well Miss Debbie, it certainly sounds like you got your cardio done! Good for you! I can't wait to hear how much you sell...and I hope you get some rest later. Just reading this made me tired!

Lisa J said...

Ok, get home get some rest and get ready for the big race. Today is the Belmont and if you want to see a Triple Crown winner cheer for Big Brown. I will be. There is a Tulsa horse, but I say he should have won the Derby and then bothered to run at the Preakness if he wanted my vote. Too Bad! And besides you can watch the tv inside!!!!! That's where I will be with my friends from Georgia!!! Can't wait to see them. Have a great day.

Carletta said...

What a day(s) you've had Debbie!This heat we're having has made me lazy so I'm glad somebody is up and about and moving!Hope the rest of your weekend is restful.

Andrea said...

I hope you had a successful yard sale today. I know it was hot here in Georgia. it got up into the 90's today but not sure how high. We were at church having a cook out and Vacation Bible School kick off. Monday evening starts VBS so we will have a busy week.

Tonjia said...

ok Debbie, my friend, come right on over here, we have a room we can barely get the door open too. It needs cleaned out! LOLOLI hope you made gobs of money at the yard sale.David and J are seeing a lot of each other arent they? I think its a good thing.