Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Slow down and let me catch up please!

Today I am awarding myself the "Too Many Favorite Blogs" Award! I just noticed on my Google Reader that I have 104....YES...104 subscriptions. I love reading all of these blogs and how in the world am I going to keep up because you guys are so dedicated, you post every single day!

Select: All 104 subscriptions

Home
All items (1000+) See!! That's how many posts I'm behind!!
Starred items
Trends
Your stuff
Shared items
Notes
Friends' shared items

I am either going to have to join Blogger's Anonymous or come up with some kind of Time Management tool here. You lovely people so kindly mention others in YOUR blog, so I go there and visit THEM and then they send me somewhere else and before I know it.....well YOU know!

In order to get somewhat caught up, I'm going to have to get over my obsession with leaving a comment for EVERY single post. In the next week, if you see one comment, that means I have read all of the posts, but only commented on one. I will probably have to take a break and go buy stronger reading glasses, occasionally stop for coffee and then pee. I've mastered eating at the computer, so that's no problem. I'll have to exercise, I mean stretch, every few hours. Good Gosh Almighty! I will succeed and survive!! Who wants to go out in 98 degree heat any way...to hell with mowing!

*** David and Jennifer made it safely to Daytona, thank you God!
*** I made a grand total of $15.00 on the yard sale. (Didn't have that much stuff to begin with and of course the bowling ball was still sitting there hoping to be taken to the Rescue Mission?) I made a coffee table delivery to a close location for a limping, just got back from Barcelona, young man who is a Physicist at WFUBMC, to include UP his driveway. Am I not so friggin nice? It sold for $5.00.

I was so tired that when I stopped by Food Lion, I gave him my MVP card, he scanned it and then we both stared at each other for at least a minute. I was waiting for him to tell me the total and he was waiting for me to release the cereal from my arms! I was VERY careful driving home.......

16 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

You are so funny. I remember one day last summer when I found a 7 year old blog, and I sat and read every single post for the entire day. It is an addiction...but at least you got your tag sale in...

kim-d said...

Okay, I know I've said it before, but I agree with mental p mama (who, by the way, I'm now gonna have to visit because I find myself agreeing with her A LOT)--YOU ARE SO DAMN FUNNY I CAN'T STAND IT. I don't care what you do with the other 999+, but just make darn sure you don't skip me. Because I'm selfish, and I look forward, EVERY DAY, to your comments :). And just so ya know? I just did a post for today, with a link over to Hallisicle. BWAHAHAHA! We were in much the same state of mind by the end of the day yesterday. I, too, drove home carefully. LADY, JUST HAND OVER THE CEREAL AND NO ONE GETS HURT...BWAHAHAHA!!!

Tonjia said...

I am hopelessly addicted too. I dont read near as many blogs as you do, and I am fighting the desire to click and look at your 104 blogs. It might lead me to add several more to my "must read" list also! I love it, looking into the window of others lives and interests...thanks for the tip about posting my SWF link every week!

the teach said...

Debbie, it has been very hot here too - upper 90s - someone mentioned 105 degrees yesterday! You're experiencing what all bloggers experience - over blogitization! Trying to read everything, comment on everything. Yesterday I actually went out to a bar-b-que and was annoyed that my real life was interfering with my virtual life online! Grrr! But today I haven't moved from the front of my computer since early this morning. I have the AC on too! How did you fit in a yard sale?

juliana said...

hahaha, i know the feeling. i was away for two and a half days and the number of posts to read was way above 100. how can one catch up with all and keep a relatively normal life outside of blogging... oh well :)

BlackenedBoy said...

Well, I still can't figure out how to subscribe to any. I'd really like it if someone would point this out to me.

Lisa J said...

You need a break. I'm telling you Oklahoma has some pretty nice lookin' cowboys and I am sure I can hook you up. Planes still land in Tulsa!!!! The room is clean and I fix a ton of yummy food for company. Besides, we aren't 100 degrees yet! Come on over!ps, I will even let you use my computer while you're here....for just a little bit!

coastrat said...

I came over from "OK, Where was I?" You mentioned in your comment that you grew up just north of Benton Harbor..., would that be anywhere near Riverside?

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Not sure how I feel about you MAYBE commenting once in awhile. Guess I'll have to see how crappy it makes me feel! I'll let you know.Hallie

Carletta said...

Blogger's Anonymous - we would never get through a meeting!Ain't blogging wonderful and don't you wonder what you did before you blogged!I bet everybody sees themselves in this post Debbie!

Kellan said...

I know what you mean about all the favorite blogs - I'm in the same boat - it is so overwhelming!Hope you had a good weekend - see you soon - Kellan

Just Joni said...

you are so funny, you always crack me up...and this is exactly why I don't subscribe to all these wonderful blogs, I'd never get anything done...I just meander and leave comments on the special ones...now don't you feel loved?

CrazyCath said...

Debbie - I am right with you. As you can see it is forever since I visited you - and I really must get all my fave blogs on google reader. Not sure how you do that yet so I will haver to spend some time to work it out and get organised.Thank you will see more of me! (Poor you)Great post - describes the situation perfectly. And I have that obsession commenting on every post but the therapy helps. ;0)

Maggie, Dammit said...

Good Lawd, girl! And I thought I was bad!There is nothing sweeter than cleaning out the Reader, though, is there?Ahhhh, sweet victory.Until tomorrow, anyway.

Ok, Where Was I? said...

I am so with you. And for some reason I think I have to read every single post (right now I'm at 264) AND comment on each one. I've tried to make myself visit less often, but I can't help it. It IS an addiction!

Anonymous said...

I fully agree completely!!!