Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2008

From Prayer List to Small Note Pad...

God listens, then keeps on working, to the small prayers I toss up throughout the day, but at night, before I go to sleep, He's taken to pulling up a chair. The list is getting longer, as I'm sure it is for many of you.

We pray for our families and for the suffering due to war, weather, crime, health, ignorance and hate, homelessness and poverty. We give thanks and pray for love, happiness and strength to endure. Our prayers are endless and sadly, desperately needed.

Last night I added a new family to my prayers. The Russert family...and especially Luke. Tomorrow is Father's Day and as I shake my head in shock and sadness, I'm also very thankful Luke was blessed to have had such a wonderful childhood with Tim for a Dad and a hero...He was loved, admired and will be greatly missed by many.

16 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

I am having such a hard time with this, too. I thought the world of him. So very sad.

Andrea said...

My prayers are with this family.

Lisa J said...

It is sad to lose such a great tv personality, but even worse to lose such a good husband and devoted father. Can't say that I watched him all that much, but the news every where talks about how great he was and will be missed. We should all strive to live our lives in the same matter. We none know how much time we have here on this earth and need to take full advantage of each and every moment.

the teach said...

This is difficult. Tim Russert seemed like a very nice person. And I feel terrible for his family. Such a shock to all of us!

Lea said...

Maybe it's in the wind, moon phase?I have a growing "Positive energy" list of my own.Sending Hugs,L

Carletta said...

Tim Russert always seemed to project a love of life, a happy go lucky type of fellow who clearly loved what he did.We don't know the why and it is not for us to question; but we are reminded and should acknowledge that life is precious and we need to live it fully each and every day as if it is our last.May God bestow his blessing upon the Russert family.Blessings to you too Debbie.

TSannie said...

Yeah, we are on the same wave length. Your tribute to Mr. Russert is touching. Wonderful photo of father and son...appropriate for tomorrow, as well. Blessings on you, Debbie.

david mcmahon said...

We all need inspiration in our lives. Thanks for that post, Debbie.Here in Australia, Father's Day is in September!

Tonjia said...

very well said Debbie. The first thing I thought of when I heard about Mr Russerts passing was how hard this was going to be for his son... with fathers day tomorrow.From what I hear, Tim Russert also had a great relationship with his father. May he rest in peace.

Kellan said...

I know - this was so sad - so awful!Hope you are having a good weekend - see you soon. Kellan

Michelle said...

It is too true that the good die young. He was a devoted son, father and husband. Just too tragic to understand.

dlyn said...

I agree Debbi e- so sad and I will be keeping his family in my prayers - especially tomorrow. And thanks a bunch for visitng Lauren's blog - it amazes not just her, but all the people she works with that so many people stop by her blog to say hello.

Jules said...

My Sundays will be changed forever...I will miss his challenging glare and wicked smile...Prayers and good thoughts to the Russert family

SandyCarlson said...

This was a sad thing, especially so close to Father's Day. I feel for the family. I also reflect on it as a reminder to actively love the people I say I love. You never know.

Donna said...

Beautifully said sweetie!! Thanks for the visit!!!hughugs

Maggie, Dammit said...

I'm so saddened by this, too. I always beat myself up a little when I become personally invested in people I've never met, but then again, I think the example of a life lived well, of a good person, is a fine thing to be invested in, regardless of whether you'll ever meet them or not.