I'm kind of enjoying not having anyone notice if I'm not doing something LOL. Ya'll's kids do that to you? How did we survive without the kids pointing out the obvious? This just seemed to have started in the past couple of years. I'm sure he's thought things before, but kept his mouth shut. The problem is, he's just so "adult" and respectful when he does it. Well, most of the time. He's a logical male. You know how they are??? It's like we are two adults instead of parent and child. If we were Mother & Daughter it would be completely different, I'm sure. I know he's not trying to be critical, but damned if I don't feel like he is! I know ya'll get this, so I'll move on.
Speaking of rabbits. Mine's still here. I tried to talk to him last night, like he was a dog. Not working. I've named the HUGE crow...Charlie. He seems to be my bodyguard now. I rescued my neighbor's little dog that she ARGH tends to forget occasionally the other day and Charlie seemed to be jealous! I was out holding Diggery (dog) and Charlie was just a squawking. You guys all started this with the picture-taking thing. I seem to notice EVERYTHING now LOL. Thank you :)
The Village people (workers from our little town) knocked on my door this week. Seems they are contracting some sucker Steve, literally, going to come and suck the sand out of the stormwater culverts. I hadn't bothered to get dressed, so I talked to them through the window. They know it's not going to help with the flooding, but they are doing it any way. I told my neighbor they were going to blow and then I changed it to suck and since I was talking to Laurie's hubby, I quickly changed subject! After the Midwest flooding this week, it is really not on my worry list. I feel thankful and am praying for them...enough is enough.
Speaking of creeks and grass...I didn't mow the other side of the creek last week. Gas. Hot. My weed eater man David is behind on the task, so the creek is getting creepy. I like to SEE the snakes if they are there. I mow by it with one leg up and the other pressing the gas and I'm cringing. Passersby have been known to run off the road when they see the weird lady on the mower. When I mow by the road, looking behind me for fast cars, I do have a wild eyed terrified look...I do have an escape plan, I'm careful. Due to extreme fast growth, I'm hearing David's voice...why didn't you mow the other side, Mom? It looks like crap! To which I should reply.."If it's bothering you so damn much, why don't YOU mow it?" Why I don't? I am currently not working and he's working 12 hour shifts....yeah, that's my excuse for not yelling at him. GRRRRRR!! I'm such a good Mom...or stupid.

Last but not least, speaking of jobs...I need to find one. With the life expectancy for women at 83, I realize I need to quit spending my piddly little savings so I can sit here and blog and get my ass to work. I have enjoyed the respite, but I do have to eat. Or I could be like Quilly and find my true love on the internet and move to Hawaii. Could I be any more jealous?
P.S. While taking the above pics out window...it's very COOL out, so I'm going to mow and I'll be over to visit ya'll later!
15 comments:
I want to see pics of the snakes!! Have you posted some and I missed them? The horror!!Hallie :)
If you some assistance with your resume let me know. I would be more than happy to help you out.
Yes, I need a job too, but I don't want one, and I am holding out long as I can. I might do some things this next fall, MAYBE. But I keep looking every day FOR MY HUSBAND A JOB!!!! It is my job to find him a job. How does that sound?
ah, this was fun to read.hope you get a cool job soon :)
I think "Charlie" was upset you might have been taking his food away! My goodness you have a lot of critters around you...and the imagery of you mowing the grass is hilarious...thanks for the chuckle!have a great day ~
Yep, I found my true love on the internet and moved to Hawaii -- but I still have to WORK! (And they pay less here!)A cheap (less than prime) 2 bedroom free standing house costs more per month to rent then I bring home.
I thoroughly enjoyed your blootage today. Have a whole picture of you on that mower with a leg in the air...I want to find a fun job, too, because I need to do something constructive, and I would love the extra cashola. Make sure you find something that gives you the time you need to properly service this blog addiction. You'd be missed!
Debbie, love hearing about your life and your son and your yard and the other side of the creek and the snakes and... Hawaii is a wonderful place to vacation but I don't know about living day to day! Thanks for commenting on my anti-war TT13 post today. :)
I could use a job too (one that pays), but so far no one is really interested in paying me to sit around on the computer all day and not really do much.
Ok, the snakes HAVE to go! What you need is a "snake wrangler"! LOLOLI would love to see you mowing with your leg up in the air, that has got to be a sight to see.I hate working, I just realized a week or so ago (when I was whining to myself about being the major breadwinner for the last 30 yrs- I have always made more money than my husbands)anyway I realized that I have been working for 36 years! I started when I was 14 yrs old and other than when I was attending school, I have never quit.Scary, huh? I want to retire in 9 yrs and let Dana work for a while. one perk of marrying a man 5 yrs younger than I am. LOL AND... I found him on the internet too! quite accidentally, back in 1998 but it was the find of the century.. :-)
...but life is good Right!Love on the internet - Quilly was lucky!!Your post was a wonderful read Debbie - if we were neighbors I'd help you mow and then we'd sit and watch the rabbits and crows!
I mow our yard (1 acre) with a riding mower too and there's this area in my yard I do that exact same thing - lift my leg so the snakes won't strike at me - HA! I've not necessarily seen any in this area of the yard - but you never know.Thanks for coming by - take care and see you soon - Kellan
bloot bloot! kinda like woot woot! It's cool here too, AT LAST! Love it! I like your new blog bloot site - the mast head is gooood! I've been reading a bunch of your posts, so suffice it to say I love them all - been too damn busy at my silly little job and it's getting in the way of my blogging! Dammit!
I probably should have a job too now that you put it that way!I am jsut enjoying my retirement toooooo much. On second thought....no.Great post Debbie, you are so funny!Thanks for your comments on my birthday cake, my collage and my handsome son.HugsPatti
Debbie, It will work out. Your internet lover might me a millionare. A great foot rubber and a grass mower to boot. Is that wishful thinking? Hey, I am doing it for you. LoL xoxo Nita
Post a Comment