While browsing through shorts with elastic waist bands of course, I got to talking to a very nice lady. Her only daughter lives in Florida and is 38. They see each other twice a year. We discussed how kids grow up and don't need us anymore and they don't realize how much we need them. Her hubby came up and I asked him about the brakes. Was that a good deal? He went on to explain I could have done it myself cheaper two or three times and his sweet wife kept saying "she can't do it herself". He finally gave up and wandered away....
Having picked out about 6 pair of shorts, I headed to dressing room. 3 of them and all full. I leaned up against a rack and prepared to wait. There were 2 ladies in front of me waiting. There were at least 10 children under the age of 10 running around not speaking English and their parents were trying to control them, also not speaking English. I was thinking, patience Debbie, patience. One of the waiting ladies RAN into the first available stall. The next came open and I motioned for the other to go ahead. She just blah blah blahed on NOT in English and my "international smile" came on and I just motioned again. "You go firsta sistah...duh.
After I tried on shorts, while watching for the little angel that thought it was fun peeking under the dressing room door, I was ready to get the hell out. I bought 4 pair for $14.95 and headed back to just sit, wait, and enjoy the weather outside.
Ahh.....much better!
The last time I was here, I got into a huge discussion about the stupidity of hauling these tires out front in the morning and then back in in the evening. I had told the guy I was going to call the District Manager and tell him what a waste of employee productivity. I haven't called yet. Awhile back, there was a photo challenge "Looking Through", so I couldn't resist this shot LOL. Yes, I was bored....
Two and 1/2 hours, about $250 poorer, shorts to cover my ass and screeching sound gone....I headed back to the house. Oh...KMart, I need a finch feeder, weed killer....and off I go!
8 comments:
Well, brakes are important...that shopping trip sounded lovely. I hope you went home and poured yourself a nice toddy.
I really love that tire photo. "Looking Through," though I didn't participate, was one of my favorite projects to watch!
Yes you could have done it cheaper yourself...Right, then you have the ambulance bill, ER bill, DR bill, Mental health treatment bill, etc. No, it is cheaper to let someone who has the tools, and the know how to do it. What was that man thinking telling you that? Good grief. Have a safe and peaceful weekend holiday.
Brakes are definitely important, but I hate spending money on boring car stuff, too. I had to get new tires a few weeks ago, also for safety reasons--nail in my sidewall, tread at 2/16s. Glad you found such a good deal on shorts though. Makes you feel a little better, I would think.
I hate car repairs too. It sounds like you got a deal. We replaced my front brakes before we moved from PA last year and it cost $400!!!What a cool picture of looking through the tires! Have a special day today..
Men - that's all I'll say about that guy!I scrolled through the photos before I read the post - the "Looking Through" photo was great. I like the ones in front of the store too with a BEAUTIFUL sky!!
Oops! I must have been impatient with Blogger - I submitted my comment three times and had to delete two - sorry.
You could have done it cheaper but you would have had to buy special tools for the disc brakes and then the brakes and if you have never done them before it could have taken you all day. When I was 19 I worked for an auto parts store. I became friends with one of the guys and we would work on cars on our days off. I learned to do drum brakes, because every car had them back then. Then we did disc brakes and I decided then that I would never do my own brakes again. I think what you paid was right in the ball park. I hope that makes you feel like you didn't get taken. Love, Love, Love the shot of the tires.What is white and red all over? ME after a day at the beach (HA HA HA) Tomorrow is going to come too soon.I had Shay read the comments for her and gave her hugs from you. Thanks
Post a Comment