Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

What Are the Chances?

Man A meets Woman B. She gets pregnant. Her Dad is in Air Force. A & B get married. Man A joins Air Force. Man A strives to be CMSgt in Air Force like Woman B's Dad. They have 3 sons.



Sixteen years later Man A decides he's done and separates from Woman B. She and 3 sons move to Florida.



Woman C who is in the Air Force meets Man A. They get married. Woman C begs Man A to have another child. He has 3. He does not want more. Woman C wins after 7 years and they have Son #4.






Woman C decides after 20 years her and son would be happier if Man A is not around. Man A agrees, as he is not happy either. Man A stays in NC and is always there for C and son #4 while also frequently seeing sons 1,2,3 in Florida. Well, not so much 1 & 3 but 2 plus 2 Grandkids.



Man A meets Girl Friend who has Daughter living right down the road and has Grandchild. Now, they visit sons 1,2,3 in Florida and have son #4 visit often. Man A retires and moves in with Girl Friend in big happy farm like setting in which Woman C would have liked. Instead Woman C stays in house that was supposed to be big happy family house forever. Woman C was happy with family nearby and family in Florida until A & C went separate ways. Now it's Woman C with son #4 and just Brother across town.



Now Woman C's son #4 has decided to join Air Force. Sons 1,2,3 in Florida never entertain this idea. They all live in same city with Woman B and her boy friend Bob with extended family all in same friggin state. Woman C is beginning to think something must be wrong with her. She remembers uttering in the past maybe one time or another that she just wants to be alone. She is sure other Women A-Z have muttered or yelled this same thing. She never recalls saying this to Son #4. Well, maybe while she was on the toilet. Woman C is now wondering what she is going to do next. She is wishing she had gotten the 5 children she originally wanted. She is wishing a lot of different things. Why is her son #4, her only son, taking a sharp left turn in life when the sign he can't see yet, clearly states to go straight or right turn only? Woman C is riding in the passenger seat and putting on the brakes and praying he sees the sign ahead and soon.....


Son #4

Woman C

15 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Commenter A had to reread this twelve times to understand all the players!I'm sad for you...but now you have me so maybe it will be ok? :)(did that make you smile at all?)Hallie

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

You are crazy - but good crazy!Hallie :)

kim-d said...

Okay. Do I have this right? Woman C wants Son #4 to not go in the Air Force because Woman C is not sure what she will do/be without him at home, which will be lonely because Woman C wanted Man A to go after 20 years? Deb!!! Say it ain't so! You already know I love ya dearly, so I'm gonna give it to ya straight. DON'T SAY LIKE THAT!!! hahaha. Son #4 is a man (alright, a young man) now, and has to live his life the way he wants. I know you don't need me to tell you that! Friend 2 is a little curious is Woman C is happy with the decision to put the run to Man A? All I know for sure are two things: 1) If you've done a good job, kids grown up and get their own lives, and 2) Man B would not be the answer for Woman C, at least right now. Well, and there's another thing, too. 3) woman C is going to be just fine; she is stronger than she thinks. And funnier than hell. Plus she has friends. If they didn't piss her off too much by being big-mouths. BWAHAHAHAHA...

Anonymous said...

I understand everything.... I know that no matter what happens you have raised a son that is incredible, respectful, kind, funny, and loves you so much.... He will be fine and so will you. We do not alwys know why people make certain choices but as hard as it is on us we must love and support them through ever good and bad experience. That seems to be our most imporatnt job as Moms. To love them no matter what. I love ya and please know that you have friends who care about you and love you and will help support you in every way we can. Thanks for always being there for me. Love ya, Liz

kim-d said...

Deb--BWAHAHAHA; I love it! I know exactly what you mean about Man B-- **snaps both fingers and points downward with index fingers**--and then, go away. BWAHAHAHA! Unfortunately, it doesn't work out that way too often.**remember that old joke????((Deb))--GOOD LAUGHS TODAY...Commenter B is happy that Woman C "gets" her, but Commenter B also hopes Woman C takes that contraption off her head pretty soon cause it makes Woman C look like a depraved version of the Chiquita Banana lady...More BWAHA'ing...

Mental P Mama said...

That was so well written, that even I could follow along. I cannot imagine how difficult this is for you, and am sending nothing but good thoughts and prayers. Just know that you are not alone. And I love the tissue dispenser;)

Pioneering in PA said...

Honestly, I wouldn't have had the thought process to come up with that!I'm sure that son #4 will make his decisions, and know that you will still be there for him. As parents, that's all that we can do.We raise them to be decent, loving, and caring, and sometimes that takes them too far to the left of what we were trying to distill in them.But, no matter what decisions he makes, I'm sure he will know that you will be standing behind him the whole way.

dlyn said...

I am both confused and entertained - a great combo!

Lisa J said...

You still need to come here to Oklahoma and meet some cowboys, or just fine men. I have a room set up and ready for you. Hey, you help me clean my garage, and I will go back with you and help you do the attic. How does that sound? You need a break, you need to get busy, you need to do the foster parenting thing like I did. You need to quit being so hard on yourself AND your son. You NEED to listen to me. and your million other friends who have your best interest at heart. Tough times my friend call for tough measures. Take a deep breath and find a new mission. Davids raisin' is done. Job well done Deb, job well done.

Kellan said...

I think what I understood is that you are having difficulties with your son and I need to help you pray for him - I WILL!!!Take care - and I'll see you soon - Kellan

Carletta said...

Can you see how much we all love you!I agree with Kim - C is way stronger than she thinks and please dear woman do take that contraption off the head - another good one from kim - depraved Banana lady - Dlyn - confused and entertained - another good one.You can see I have nothing original to say - except take care and know you are in all our thoughts!!! HUGS,HUGS,HUGS!!

the teach said...

Yeah, listen Debbie, I had to stop reading about 3/4 through I hope you understand because it started getting really complicated and maybe it was going to end up badly and then this commenter would be sad because she started to like Woman A or is it C, and son #4 sounded like a good kid and this commenter didn't want to end up like the woman in the picture wearing toilet paper on her head...

Tonjia said...

OK here is my take on the whole alphabet family.Woman C is a caring, loving, wonderful mom to son #4 and worries about his future. She has been there, and knows it isnt easy.Unfortunately, son #4 is a MAN (and particularly an offspring of Man A- who was a VERY busy man...) and he is also part of Woman C, who has raised him to be independant, and a productive member of society.All we can do (as fellow women C's) is support them, encourage them, and pray that everything will be all right. We are here for you Debbie. How I wish you and I lived closer, we could have such colorful conversations regarding the USAF, and our alphabet laden ex husbands..I LOVE the pics! did you draw them?

Neva said...

As some of us know....watching the kiddos leave is difficult....Harder than having them even though I hope mine have the good sense to get on with their life...Hang in there and know it will get all better sooner or later. I love the TP on the head....I could use that some days! Thanks for visiting....

Max-e said...

Ok, this one has just blown my socks off, so I'll comment as soon as I have found them and put them back on.As for the photo, that must be one very sad lady - unless she has a bad cold.