Good grief Anti-Procrastination Day comes faster than any other day of the week!
There is a room above me called The Attic that I've not gotten back to. I actually considered it at 4:30 a.m. while drinking coffee. I could wait until it's 200 degrees up there and then start cleaning again. Then I thought, where are you going to put the stuff you take down? Since the living room still isn't a living room from where I started the remodel 5 years ago, I do have space there if I move the kitchen table over some to the used to be dining room that now has a recliner, tv and a hutch cabinet in it. I removed all the walls, so I'm free to designated my room of choice. And how long was that friggin sentence?
But wait, can't move the kitchen table over because I had David bring all the kitchen cabinets I had taken down off the wall back 5 years ago, up from the basement the day I thought we might flood and WE DID! How psychie am I?
Of course, I could move the big armoire with dishes and food in it, clean it out and maybe use it for it's intended purpose....like a TV? Get it out of kitchen, move stove over and then fridge and stack all the cabinets back up like I had them about like 3 years ago that worked fine until I decided I was tired of looking at them and moved them down in the basement to store other stuff in like paint and JUNK!
Yes, I have a cabinet on each side of the sink. That's it. They are not even attached and they have plywood covered with green table cloth cut to fit and stapled so I can wipe them down. Oh, I also have a butcher block island that we use since we have no other countertops.
And you know, somehow, me and David manage to eat, sleep, live, exist and hug and have fun all without fancy crap that is just way over priced and it's all just for show any way. He doesn't care except he really wishes I would get a floor installed because he's just so tired of looking at the sub-floor. God, you guys can't possibly believe me can you? I know you want to see pictures, don't you? Do I dare? Will I be embarrassed? Will you think less of me? Will you never come back and visit or comment? The shame of laziness and lack of design decision making is overwhelming me here....maybe tomorrow after I've accomplished something today!
10 comments:
Oh come on....who DOESN'T already read PW? That was an easy one!! We ALL read her as evidenced by her 15,000 comments on her last contest!!WWoW will never be that big! sigh....Hallie
Home is home. It actually sounds cozy. But, you could get David to help install a floor...Just a thought. I would just relax today. Good influence, aren't I?
You know, they have that prefinished hardwood at Home Depot, and it is beautiful! I have seen it in many homes, and I love it! Put that boy to work! And I'm serious about taking it easy today. That's what I'm doing;)
Go ahead and share pictures - I gave up judgement LONG AGO -- wasn't working for me :-)Congrats on the public speaking - that's awesome!!And thank you so much for the beautiful prayer - care to join me next Tues., 8am?!!
Hey, we are your friends. You will get no judgment from me, either. We don't scare easily :)! Here's the way I see it, as long as you and David are happy and healthy, life is good. You will do things when you're damn good and ready to do them. It's your house, you get to decide when stuff gets done! Cause you're the Mom, that's why! BWAHAHA...Man, Deb, all I can say is this. Good thing you and I aren't roommates--we'd REALLY have something to post pix of if we were...HA! And I also meant to tell you yesterday...SUPERB job on the public speaking. It will never again be so hard to do. I hope you're still feeling pretty much like you're ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS. Cause you are :)!!!
I want pictures, dang it. The more the merrier!And, right before I popped over to your blog, I was thinking that today is AP day. Admittedly, each and every Wednesday I read your post and think "How cool would it be if I had some ambition just one day a week?", then I head off and do something totally procrastinating and skip it.But you know what? I think that today, I am going to go up to our camper, finish the light cleaning it needs on the inside, and tackle the outside. Entirely. The season opens tomorrow, and I'm to the point to where I just really want to ENJOY the season, not spend it cleaning up someone else's mess.For hours. And hours. I paid for that camper twofold with just the amount of cleaning we had to do!
I love putting things off...because I can. We are suppose to get more rain today and tomorrow. But with the grand baby coming today I guess I had better get up and clean the house a bit. Have a great day!
Uhh... you caught me.I haven't left yet.Actually, I'm still in my pajamas.Go procrastination!Err.. umm.. I mean I'm getting dressed immediately and I'm headed out. Yup, I am. Will try to get pics, my cam battery is almost dead lol.
Hi Debbie.. I'm going to assume the Debbie who signed my CB site was you!First and foremost, I want to THANK you for congratulating me on my new nursing endeavor. Most times I wonder what the HELL I'm thinkin of, but at others, I know its my calling.I had to make some sense of having a son with cancer, right?I'm definitely not a saint, I'm not high energy, I'm not a super Mom, or a super person.... I'm just plain ole me thats trying to make a mark on this sometimes scary earth.On that note, you all are a gift from God to ME in encouraging me, supporting me and giving me the faith in myself to continue on. I will finish up when I'm 50, thats a scary number in itself. Having friends like Kim-d around makes my life that much easier... Hope your day is filled with loving friends who support you day and night!HUGS Mary Lee
Is it really Anti-Procrastination Day ALREADY! Hmmm...I haven't done much since your LAST post on the subject. So, I'm right there with you. It's gloomy and rainy here today and already 4:00 so NAH - nothing getting done in this house today. So Debbie, how about a cup of coffee and a piece of pie!
Post a Comment