We have had SO many visitors to our state lately. Even George Clooney for Leatherheads! Oh, and yes all the Pres candidates and news people, but George...oh gosh, most impressive!
Yes, I'm still depressed but TODAY I am thinking of the Primary results. I had to take my dump filled truck to the library over in our little neighbor town to vote Saturday. Stood in line for over an hour, but it's done and I don't have to fight lines today. I voted for Obama and then got down to other NC stuff and had no clue who was who and except for Governor, I straight ticketed FEMALES! I was also surprised to flip from House to Larry King last night and see our southern talking Gov. Easley on CNN! I saw and flipped right back to House of course :)
My horoscope yesterday said the evening would bring friends and food? Here? Monday? Right...
Well, after making it to grocery store and not crying till I got to truck, I came home, David was in shower and I threw myself on my bed (moved clothes off to computer room..procrastination) and had a meltdown. Any hoo...David said where were you, I've been looking all over like 5 minutes, Mom? Right here sweetie, sob, sob. He was so darn sweet! Comforting his miserable Mom!
He said Jennifer is coming over and bringing pizza and you can have all you like...she's getting 3 for $5.00 and we're having a movie night. People, food, horoscope? Well, hell......okay! Jennifer is the friend, buddy, uh woman who I have now found out is 31! She had just woken up from her 48 hour 4 day 7p to 7a ER shift at hospital. David is 6a to 6p. David was running around being host. He needed ice and since I have neglected to have icemaker/water dispenser fixed, we had none. He said apparently we can live without it but others can't. Off they headed. Now we have a bag in freezer, along with a lot of leftover pizza. David said she said he's different from all the other guys she's dated. He was raised right, manners, mature, etc. Thank you Jennifer!
The picture below has part of my recliner in it so you can see how I view the world when I'm not looking left toward the TV. I actually took from kitchen table and zoomed in. I HAVE to see outside. Any way...I hope you can see the cardinal. That little sucker makes the most noise and mess eating! I heard him over the TV again yesterday evening.
The next picture is of this huge friggin crow and we grow em big down here. They've been getting on my nerves and should be arrested for disturbing the peace! Their CAW CAW CAW is so loud and the wingspan on this sucker must have been 15 inches at least! This is view between TV and pic above. Yes, TV, window and then door. I can't just watch TV! 
I want to thank all of you for your continued wonderful comments of support and encouragement. I don't know what I'd do without you and you DO make a difference :)
So, if you like, please head over to Hallie at Wonderful World of Wieners and leave her a big hug too! And...CrazyCath's Reflections is trying her best to quit smoking so could you jump there too? Gosh, I'm asking a lot but ya'll are so good!!!
GO OBAMA!
10 comments:
Um, do I need to come down there and put those clothes away? And I really like Jennifer;) Wishing you a wonderful day.
The crows might just put me over the edge too, that is, if the turkeys don't do it first!Kimmy
Our cardinals are horribly loud here too. And I have tons of them. I love watching the birds and now we are feeding all kinds, from big to little. Plus the squirrels. I love nature. I love things greening up, and I love being retired!!!!! Sure wish you would come through Oklahoma and stop for a visit!
I've never been so interested in individual primary elections--mostly b/c I would be happy with both dems. Really. I love pizza and movie nights. Of course they've taken a drastic turn since I've had kids, and we watch things like Alvin and the Chipmunks and I don't hear more than half of the movie, but still.
Yeah for NC women!!
Sorry you had to have the melt down all alone. I wish I had been here when you stopped by yesterday. We sure would have had a cup of coffee. Hey your place is beautiful too. Yes, Oregon has many many trees.Sounds like Jennifer is a sweet lady and I am happy she and David had pizza night. Hope it helped you to feel better.HugsPatti
Caw blimey - that ain't no crow, that's a turkey buzzard!
Obama in '08!!! Debbie, I am thinking I like this new friend of Davids. ER nurses are the best! :-)She and I could probably talk "shop" for hours. LOLIt might be a good thing for she and David to spend time together, he sounds very mature..Love the birdie pic, I am worried about schmoops and Hallie too. :-)If you find out whats going on please let me know.
I think I see two cardinals... the male on the feeder and the female on the fence?I'm glad your horoscope was right!
Nothing better than pizza -- except, of course, FREE PIZZA!Hope you are letting the sun hit your skin a little. It's good for the soul. Peace to you, Miss Debbie.-- Laurie
Post a Comment