Persevering with panic in my head...good days and bad.

You are more than welcome in my little safe place!

Pull up a chair and help me BREATHE!

Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm An Aquarian...

Usually when it's done, it's over, gone. I don't do the past. I don't even seem to do the present. I live in the future. I'm not a psychic, so that's really a waste of time. This whole paragraph is not even making sense. I should have waited till I finished 2nd cup of coffee, but I wanted to post before I go to my 8:00 dentist appointment. I'm getting my temp crown replaced with my new $1100 crown which I think is highway robbery. On the upside, I don't have to buy gas on the way!

When I get back, I have to make sure everything is off the floor downstairs because we are supposed to get "significant" rain and severe storms. I shouldn't have to live this way when they are calling for TWO INCHES or more, but lately, that creek is just coming closer and closer....I've been in contact with people this week and I'll do a post on that later. Talking about that frustration and going to the dentist in such a short span of time will get my shoulders more tensed up.

David went fishing yesterday. Yes, went to bed at 4 a.m. and was up at 6:30 heading out. He went with a couple guys from work, one of which had just bought a bass boat. I said "use sunscreen" and of course, he came home sunburned. I had no pity. Maybe he doesn't remember having that mole removed? They didn't catch anything. He went home with one of the guys for a bit and he lives in a very rural area heading toward the mountains. About half hour from here and has quite a few animals, including a few goats. These are fainting goats and I should look that up but I'm lazy. I thought maybe feigning. Whatever, when you scare these goats, they stiffen up all over and literally fall over. Well this just tickled the shit out of my city boy and I was laughing just as hard with him. I will research this further...David seems to like the idea of a house out in the country. He also told me there were Amish in the area which I seem to be obsessed with, so he said he'd take me out there.

When he came home, I was stalking a rabbit. This little thing seemed so oblivious to the world laying in the soft (weeds) grass up near the back of my house. I had made hellacious noise coming out to mow. I spilled coffee everywhere and slammed the door as if that made it better, raised the garage door, moved my truck and it didn't move. The rabbit, not the truck. Yes I got a picture and wondering why I didn't title this fish, goats and rabbits. Yes guys, this is normal for me. I was amazed at how calm he was. Someone was trying to tell me something. All that chaos, traffic, damn crows cawing, and kids hollering and he wouldn't budge. I tried to talk to the rabbit and told him to go on, I was going to start the mower and it was loud! He kept looking at me and then hopped about 5 feet away. I said, okay, I warned you. Here I come. I rounded the corner and he looked at me as if saying, I'm brave and you can't scare me and he moved under the deck. To keep from running into the fence, I had to take my eye off him and turn the corner. I saw him hop over by the shed. He wasn't leaving and I was going by. I moved on to mow by the creek where I have to watch for snakes and worry about me and the mower falling in. He never faltered or left me.

God whisper and I hear you and will try, I promise.

10 comments:

kim-d said...

Okay, Deb...I love ya dearly, girl, but you're losin' me here! HAHAHA! What? The bunny whispered? God whispered through the bunny? I'm betting I can relate to what you're saying if only I could figure out what it is. But let's go with this. If it was your bunny that was whispering? Do you suppose to could have his send a whisper out to his Minnesota relatives and tell them to stop eating my freakin' shrubs. They're BOLD, I tell ya. Between them and those wiley squirrels, I'm a little scared.

Michelle said...

I think Jimmy Stewart was in a movie about a big talking rabbit. We should write a screen play about Debbie and her whispering rabbit. Well, second thought maybe not. We have a rabbit that likes to sit in our back yard and poop. My dogs go crashing out the door when I let them out, they tear around th side of the house looking for the rabbit that leaves them presents. I walk around trying to find said presents because if I don't the dogs will eat the raisins. Good luck with the dental work. I have a "treatment plan" from the dentist that includes crowns on both sides and my portion would be $2400.00. I need to get one side done during this covered year and then the other side done when the new year starts. I have a hard time with the expenses as well. Keep hoping my teeth don't crack like they warm me they could.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

You make me really concentrate to follow you sometimes!! And I love it!! Makes me stop and slow down which is something I don't do nearly enough!I'm an Aquarian too!And love the bunny. If you hear bunny's whispering, do you also see dead people? :)Hallie

Lisa J said...

I'm so sorry that people seemingly are making fun of you and the rabbit whispering. I'm right there with you Debbie. I think you WERE being told to slow down, be bold/brave, face the scarey world ahead. And yes, if God can whisper to you through a rabbit he could have put a huge billboard up with writing all over it. But would you have listened? Hey, he already had to hit you in the head with a board to get your attention, are you listening NOW? You noticed the rabbit didn't you?! But hey, if you do see dead people I might think you really do have a problem.Going to spend some time with my cousin, she is doing pretty good with her husband's leaving. She takes it moment by moment. Today, we will paint second coat on bathroom walls, and then go to lunch. I love her!pss, we had three inches of rain yesterday!

Mental P Mama said...

Deb--I totally get it all. I am an Aquarius, too. I think it takes one to know one. Love the bunny.

Pioneering in PA said...

Okay. I'm a danged Capricorn, and I so felt you all the way through it. I don't think that people were dissing the bunny ordeal, some people just don't read between the lines sometimes!Yup, your bunny was sending you a message. 'Cuz honestly girl, when I drop by here lately, I find you getting more and more frantic with your posts. When I read them, I literally feel like I have just ran a good mile in under a minute. But it's all good, I understand that most of us have those days (in fact, the first post I posted in almost two weeks was like that).Pull a Bunny. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Let the rest of the world stream by like it isn't even there. That's an order. Head out to the deck and chillax the hell out!(((hugs)))

Carletta said...

Hey Debbie,Hope the dentist trip went well today.I gotta agree with Lisa - I totally stayed with you in this post and I like her too - humorous - I'm going to check out her blog when I'm done here.Me too, me too, - I'm an Aquarius too. Man, that's gotta say something about the people who visit you - check how many are in your comments so far! That rabbit is your sign, well, not your Aquarian sign, but a sign. Go with it!Here's hoping the creek stays away.Have a good one!

Treasure Barn said...

Cute Rabbit!Hope your dentist appt went okay. Did they put a diamond in that crown?Isn't the cost of dentistry outrageous? Hey have a very happy Mother's Day Deb.HugsPatti

Michelle said...

Or perhaps some of us know Debbie well enough to know that she needs humor in her life when the stressful times hit. Debbie, you know the AF Moms are here for you. And if you want an all expense trip to Florida, come on down. Have you ever raised puppies?

Tonjia said...

Great story Debbie! I think you may have a guardian rabbit. I am so in awe of you for doing your own mowing, I would even know how to begin to mow a large yard like yours... and snakes?? No freaking way!!Is the bunny still hanging around?And the AF moms rock! Is it ok if I am an AF/NAVY mom? LOL