Also, Mom, and I know you can hear me up there in Heaven...I love you and miss you so very much! I'm sure I'll see many butterflies today...me winking up at ya!
David had a card by the coffee pot this morning for me to see first thing. He knows that's where I head first! I didn't open it, will save it for later when he gets home from work. Yes, he is working today until 6:30. I'm not sure if we'll go have dinner or not, because yet again...strong storms are forecasted for today!
I am so very thankful he is here! I have no idea where he'll be next year with the Air Force. I may have to take a road trip! I wasn't with my Mom on Mother's Day from 1976 until 1992 when we spent a wonderful weekend at Destin, FL. It was her first visit to Florida and we walked the beach for hours and talked non-stop! After, we retired and moved back here....didn't miss a one together!


Mom put our picture in a
beautiful beach frame she made :)
I couldn't manage to take without the flash!
I'd like to send a special hug out to everyone who is also unable to be with their Mom's for some reason or another today...just remember they will always be in our hearts forever!
11 comments:
Wonderful thoughts...I miss my mom, too. I know she is with me, though. Happy Day to you, Debbie. Stay safe--those storms are horrible.
Debbie, What a nice picture. I miss my mom too. She passes on May 31st, 2006 which was Shays 19th BDay. We also lost my mother in law in August of 2005. Shay sent me not one, but two cards. She couldn't decided on which one. One plays music and there other has the mom and daughter from the Gilmore Girls talking. We loved to watch that show together. Shay always said that we had that kind of relationship. Shay also sent me flowers (Tulips) and they arrived on Wed. I hate that she spent so much money on flowers. The cards and words are more than enough. I hope you do something special for yourself today.
Good morning and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY. I wish my kids could be here with me but they are not. And I understand but still miss them. We will be together in two weeks though!!! I can't wait. I have my mom still,don't know how much longer and I try to remember that when she says hurtful things or is not kind to me. For the most part she is a great person, but the hurting times are horrible....due to history. I hope I have a better relationship with my daughter, I sure try to. Today is mother's day, so I will spend time with her and dad, be thankful I have her even in her bad health, and remember to love her more tomorrow than I did today. I loved your picture and story. Isn't life funny....
ps. Yes we are safe from the storms, they were north and east of our area. Sounds as if it was very tragic with at least six deaths. this has been a horrible spring for the stormy weather. thanks for asking about me. You stay safe today too. Get batteries for your camera in case another floating trash can comes your way. We want to see!!!
Just dropping by to wish you a Happy Mother's Day!Joni
♥HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY DEB♥Beautiful pix of you and your Mom! I am sitting here looking at the picture on the table in front of my laptop, of me, Mom and Grandma that was taken on Grandma's 80th birthday, 11 years ago. I look at it, and my throat constricts and I have to swallow a lot to keep from crying. I miss their physical presence but, like you, am happy that I always have them within me. I always got a Mother's Day card for each of them, and I don't think I'll ever stop missing giving those cards...Have a great day, Deb, and do something fun with David when he gets home from work. He's so darn handsome, maybe you can just sit there and gaze lovingly at him, as only a Mom can do!!! Hehehe...
This was very touching, Miss Debbie. I hope today's storms blow through without incident, and I hope that you and David get to spend time together OTHER than bailing and sandbagging. Go wash your blister, and have a peaceful and fulfilling day.Laurie
Happy Mother's Day Debbie!I'm crossing my fingers that the storms won't be bad - we've had rain here all day.
I hope you had a great day. You write a lovely tribute to your mom and I love the frame she made.
Deb, what a beautiful tribute to your mom. Again, we are sharing the same brain, I did the same thing for my mom on my blogs. (before I looked at yours!)LOLOLI cant be with my mom either, she is in Oklahoma and was supposed to be here, but a roaring case of the shingles changed those plans.Happy Mothers day to all of the moms out there, may you all have a day filled with happiness, love and sunshine..
Deb, Happy Mother's Day to you as well. I am sorry about your Mom being gone. I want to thank you for thinking of me and leaving me encouraging words on Sparrow's Heart. I am thinking of you today friend.. Loved the Mom song! And all of the other ones. xoxo Nita
Post a Comment