First, thank you all for your sweet comments about my flood! David has a few pictures on his camera, but I'm debating whether to find it and download, or wait and ask permission! I've got to buy batteries for mine, and soon, because I'm addicted to it now LOL!
We did some major cleanup yesterday after I got a few hours sleep. Actually, David did most of the cleanup in the garage. He went and bought scrub brush and got any visible mud out. He "entertains" out there quite a bit. I was happy because all the spilled beer stains are now gone and it was fitting HE cleaned it up. I've got some mopping to do inside...laundry room, foyer and family room, but for the most part :) all taken care of. Being prepared actually made it much better than last time. I hesitated putting stuff back down on floor and David said are we going to "live here" or keep it flood proof? Had a point. He is definitely my hero! Even when he thought it was funny that he "accidentally" squeegied mud all over my backside! Gosh, I love that boy!
My neighbor's husband made quite a few phone calls yesterday. He was hopping mad about flooding. I made a call to a past contact with the NCDENR (Environmental) and she is going to speak with a friend of hers that works with NCDOT to see what she can help with this kind of thru the back door, while I work thru the front with a DOT Engineer. We have to have a solution to this before they finish the new 5 lane highway in a year and dump MEGA water down this way. We played tag on voice mail, but his Secretary said he wanted my address. I feel confident he will call again.
Monday there is a town council meeting to discuss requirements for home builders to comply with the new storm water quality ordinance. They are fighting tooth and nail because to have to worry about the effect their project would have on homes around the development would be more expensive. Well, tough shit. I spoke to her comments the last meeting (she represents the Home Builders Association) and I was calm but not sweet LOL. I'm going to blab again, even though the new ordinance is not retroactive....how convenient for them....not me, but it will help future homeowners.
They will also be discussing (not open for comment) the newly formed committee to go back and evaluate areas that HAVE been impacted in the past. (me). This is a Capital project which means $$$. I don't expect an expedient result. Since my neighbors and I flooded this time and no one else did, she thinks we may move to the top quickly. We both looked at her with a "You think?" look.
Watching the news of the tornado destruction, I was counting my blessings. What's a little water...seriously? I always thank God at night for having food and a roof over my head. This time I was EXTREMELY thankful I still had one, because others in our area did not!
Now....this staying on subject and not rambling and not being funny is getting on my nerves and it requires me to think too hard. Plus, it makes for a very boring read LOL. I'll be right back...going to see if I can find my son's camera :)
I don't dig through his stuff so I had to call him. He has it in his truck and will give it to me tonight. I so wanted to leave you with a floating trash can! I got a blister from sweeping so much and I do believe it's gotten infected already and it's swollen like overnight...ugh. I am going to go soak it in something and play Doctor because I cannot move my mouse without a thumb...just tried it! Ya'll have a good day!!
Update: Fluid filled blister, needle, Neosporin, Bandaid :) from Ms. Melodramatic
8 comments:
Wow. You really should take pictures to take to the meetings with you. Is there a Conservation Department in your town? I'd be out squawking about this all over town. Good luck, though, and being safe and sound is what is important. Have a nice day, and take care of that thumb. Ouch.
I agree, take pictures with you. And take pictures of your thumb, and the expenses you incure (if there are any). You would not have had a thumb with infection if it weren't for them and the flooding.... All of this because people don't want to be responsible for their actions. I hope you can have a happy and satisfying solution...SOON! take care and have a great weekend.
I learned the hard way, never look at your childs pictures on their digital camera. You may not like what you see (LOL). Hope your thumb gets better soon. So hard to work the mouse without a thumb. Our thumb is what makes us superior after all!!
I'm with everyone else - take pictures with you and do speak - calmly maybe - nice NO!Can hardly wait to see the pictures.Ms. Melodramatic - that's too funny!So you know, I come here often cause I love it here - melodrama and all!
I'm glad you got ahold of David and he is bringing you the camera, because I agree with everyone else--those pictures could be extremely helpful at the meetings. I wish you luck in your fight.
OMG Debbie! I am so glad you and David are doing ok and werent hurt. We have had alot of rain here in Indiana also. So much so that it quit and we still have water running across our basement floor and they are calling for Severe t-storms tonight and for tomorrow! I am so sick of rain I could scream, as can you, I am sure! Please be safe and I am so glad David is a big help to you:) I hope you have a Wonderful Mothers Day tomorrow! HUGS...
and you even have a war injury! Take pics, take lots of pics, take pics of the damage the injury too if you want! LOLGeez Debbie if life hands you lemons, make some lemonade! thats what you have been doing, I think you are awesome! Good luck with all of the red tape, hope you get some help!
They say the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so I hope when you go to squeak publicly that you also grease the machine with those photos. Best of luck.
Post a Comment